Red card tackles

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 21, 2012, 4:17 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #1 of 11 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Red card tackles Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anybody explain how the FA can overturn Rory Delap's red card at Crawley having previously upheld the red card issued to Vincent Kompany against Man Utd?

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 21, 2012, 4:28 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 11 (1626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kompany is a foreigner.

Different rules apply to home players, witness the Rooney appeal by the same bunch of hypocrites

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Feb 21, 2012, 11:32 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #3 of 11 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting comment considering Rory Delap is from Ireland the Southern part.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2012, 12:36 AM

Post #4 of 11 (1558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And what is the linguistic root of 'Delap'? Anglicised Gaelic or something European?

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 22, 2012, 1:43 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 11 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Interesting comment considering Rory Delap is from Ireland the Southern part.

In this context, I consider our lot to be home-based i.e. British Isles

Our games are all on UK stations, so we must beTongue

Red Adder
Youth Team Star

Feb 22, 2012, 9:46 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think Stoke did quite well out of this as the ref had a bit of a mare - Delap wrongly sent off then Crawley didn't get a pen when Shawcross shoved an attacker in the back in the box, then got a very questionale penalty and finally Andrews got away with handling on the line which would have meant a pen to Crawley, a red and a ban for Andrews.

sandhurstbee

Feb 22, 2012, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #7 of 11 (1500 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Can anybody explain how the FA can overturn Rory Delap's red card at Crawley having previously upheld the red card issued to Vincent Kompany against Man Utd?

Perhaps a better comparisam would be Robert Huth who had his appeal turned down despite appearing to pull out of the challenge. No reason for the inconsistancies IMO

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Red Adder
Youth Team Star

Feb 22, 2012, 2:26 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Buy one, get one free ?

Isaac

Feb 22, 2012, 3:12 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #9 of 11 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Adder] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think Stoke did quite well out of this as the ref had a bit of a mare - Delap wrongly sent off then Crawley didn't get a pen when Shawcross shoved an attacker in the back in the box, then got a very questionale penalty and finally Andrews got away with handling on the line which would have meant a pen to Crawley, a red and a ban for Andrews.

I only saw brief highlights of the game so I can't comment on any other controversial incidents but that tackle from Delap looked a 'stonewall red card', apparently the victim had stud marks on his leg.

Would it be too much to expect somebody from that FA to explain the reason(s) why the red card was overturned and what is and isn't a red card tackle?

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2012, 5:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 11 (1458 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I only saw brief highlights of the game so I can't comment on any other controversial incidents but that tackle from Delap looked a 'stonewall red card', apparently the victim had stud marks on his leg.

Would it be too much to expect somebody from that FA to explain the reason(s) why the red card was overturned and what is and isn't a red card tackle?

Totally agree with Red Adder, and for once the FA did the right thing. This red card thing was supposed to be for 2 footed tackles where the player leaves the ground, now the players are getting sent off for any kind of tackle. One footed tackles with your studs showing is still dangerous, and should be a booking.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2012, 10:51 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Red card tackles [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Perhaps a better comparisam would be Robert Huth who had his appeal turned down despite appearing to pull out of the challenge. No reason for the inconsistancies IMO

Robert Huth is also a foreigner.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3