Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 18th Feb

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 20, 2012, 7:44 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #126 of 146 (4754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Synthonia's came comes from the words 'synthetic ammonia' which sounds very environmentally unfriendly

But it isn't. Ammonia is the key precursor for fertilisers and hence the key to feeding a quite large part of the World's population.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Feb 20, 2012, 8:20 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #127 of 146 (4725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

nPower Football League Division 1

Huish Park, Yeovil

Yeovil Town 2 Colchester United 3

Attendance 3442

Admission 18 Programme 3

Well after two straight wins normal service was resumed and the U's defence went AWOL again. After Sicknote gave us the lead with what looked a very offside goal we looked well in control and on the way to that elusive third consecutive win. We should have known better and the Glovers scored three in 17 minutes after the break through Parrett, D'Ath and Williams. A cracking free kick in the 93rd minute from Rowlands saw the deficit reduced and yes we still had a chance to claim an unlikely equaliser but the Glovers' keeper saved Andy Bond's shot and the ball was scrambled to safety.

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2012, 10:04 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #128 of 146 (4648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I doubt a temperature double is a feat, 1 degree to 2 degrees would hardly break the record books?

If the temperature doubles it would reach 275C, which certainly would be a record.Tongue

Add a few herbs and you could have a well seasoned groundhopper or two.

(This post was edited by Dr Love on Feb 20, 2012, 10:05 PM)

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2012, 10:29 PM

Post #129 of 146 (4628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
I do actually like a bit of both.

What's that got to do with football grounds? Tongue

But Where did you go? Saturday 18th Feb Crazy

UKPunk

Feb 20, 2012, 10:51 PM

Post #130 of 146 (4607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was at Capershotts watching your boys murder Eton Manor 10-1. I'll tell you all about it when I can be bothered getting on with writing a report. Cool

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2012, 10:57 PM

Post #131 of 146 (4599 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was at Capershotts watching your boys murder Eton Manor 10-1. I'll tell you all about it when I can be bothered getting on with writing a report. Cool

Look forward to it Tongue

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 21, 2012, 12:07 AM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #132 of 146 (4567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't mean to spoil it but...

The Witham top scorer (Whitnell) was not even playing.

Also the Eton Manor goal was the last of the game. I suspect the Witham defence had some sympathy for the hosts. Tongue

(You still have to write the report Mr Punk)

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

SamBTFC
Youth Team Regular

Feb 21, 2012, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Bathgate Thistle, Hearts, Scotland

Post #133 of 146 (4469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Juniors East Superleague
Linlithgow Rose 5-3 Bathgate Thistle
at Prestonfield, Linlithgow
Att: c300

Sounds like a thriller, but it's far from the best game I've seen this season. First half was a relatively quiet affair, with Bathgate having the best of the play until a mistake allowed Linlithgow in to score.

After the interval the home side quickly raced into a three goal lead thanks to some questionable defending and woeful refereeing combined, before Ex Dundee Utd youth player Marco Andreoni pulled one back for Bathgate.

A ten man brawl saw Linlithgow lose a player, but it didn't hinder them in the slightest as they added a further two to make it 5-1. A penalty and a tidy finish in stoppage time made the score a little bit more respectable from a Bathgate perspective and saw Andreoni complete his hat-trick. Thistle didn't deserve anything from the game though, in what was a disappointing performance given that the winners climbed to the top of the league table.

www.bathgatethistlecfc.com

UKPunk

Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 PM

Post #134 of 146 (4461 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I'll get round to it in the next day or two. Don't expect it to be as comprehensive as yours though! Tongue

dottirofhod

Feb 21, 2012, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #135 of 146 (4447 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'll get round to it in the next day or two. Don't expect it to be as comprehensive as yours though! Tongue

Sometimes ''Less is more''.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 21, 2012, 5:31 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #136 of 146 (4386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sometimes. But remember: "There is no correct route through the dungeon, but the right path can be found"

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 21, 2012, 11:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #137 of 146 (4306 views)
Shortcut

Longton Harriers v Ashbourne Town (Postponed)

Turned up at Longton Harriers 45 minutes before kick-off and for 15 minutes I was unaware of a major problem. Neither the opposition or match officials had arrived prompting home officials to find out why. I didn't wait for the outcome (game not played in the end) and headed instead for...

Leek CSOB 2 Daisy Hill 1
Attendance: 22

I've been to Harrison Park a few times to see Leek Town play but never a CSOB home game.

The Old Boys recovered from a interval deficit with a battling second-half performance to earn a morale-boosting win for the NWCL Division 1 bottom side.

http://pitch-side-stories.blogspot.com/...h-february-2012.html

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

Kirky
Youth Team Sub

Feb 22, 2012, 9:01 AM

Post #138 of 146 (4255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisb] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I visited Enfield Town v. Heybridge Swifts - mainly to enjoy the refurbished Grade II-listed cafe. Well worth a visit. Very trim ground and friendly club. Report and pics on my blog, below.

Paul.

http://www.facupgroundhopper.blogspot.com

StJamie
Junior Team Sub

Feb 23, 2012, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Southampton

Post #139 of 146 (4144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kirky] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

La Primera Liga Estadio Santiago Bernebeu

Real Madrid 4 v 0 Racing Santander Att ;72,000 No programmes printed. Ticket; 36 Euros

First visit to the breath taking Bernebeu. Writing on the wall for Racing as soon as Ronaldo scored after 5 or 6 mins but they continued to try and keep playing football.A couple of good fiishes from Benzema and a screamer from sub and new golden boy Di Maria meant the game was finished in a manner more befitting a testimonial.
A great night , stadium , city. Well worth the trip if you get the chance.

jimmyb
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 23, 2012, 2:09 PM

Team(s): Lochgelly Albert, Bath City, Odd Down

Post #140 of 146 (4127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StJamie] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rosyth 1 Lochgelly Albert 1
East Region Central League @ Recreation Park, Rosyth

ADM- 4/2
PROGS- NONE (Rosyth dont issue)
ATT- Approx 45

Much as i had doubts as to this match taking place, the mild weather of last week meant that the pitch was in good condition despite Rosyth's drainage problems they had been encountering due to the new housing being built over the far side of the ground. A bitterly cold wind was blowing and i have no hesitation in saying that Recreation Park is easily the coldest junior venue that i have visited. Even in the middle of May it is baltic there!

Lochgelly had the wind advantage in the 1st half but failed to take any advantage despite numerous efforts on the home goal. However the Berts went in front on 51 mins after a good move, Seath turning his marker on the edge of the box before firing low past the keeper. Rosyth had their best spell towards the end and levelled in 82 mins with an acrobatic effort and could have won it right at the death but Berts keeper Rushford saved the home strikers shot.

2 points dropped for Lochgelly and its a straight fight between Dundonald and Jeanfield for the title

match pics
http://www.flickr.com/...157629373513239/show

there are also match highlights on the club website
www.lochgellyalbertjfc.co.uk

Chorley2002
First Team Star

Feb 23, 2012, 6:32 PM

Team(s): Ilford and Thorne Colliery.

Post #141 of 146 (4082 views)
Shortcut
Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Essex Olympian League
Senior Division Two
Old Southendians 2 Leytonstone Utd 1
Admission. free
Programme. 1.00

After a trouble free drive down the A127 I found this venue fairly easily, thanks to my new Satnav.
Shortly after my arrival one of the Old Southendians coaching staff asked me if I wanted to buy a programme. To be honest this was the last thing I expected to find here today and I wasn't even going to bother to ask if one had been printed.
The first half was quite uneventful and the only highlight was the home side taking the lead. They were still one goal ahead at the interval. The second half saw Leytonstone improving on their reasonable display prior to the break. Deservedly the visitors did level. Just as I was thinking that a draw was going to be a fair result for this game, the home side grabbed a late winner. Although the visitors never gave up, they were unable to salavage anything from this match.
Was good to see a former Ilford FC coach now involved at Leytonstone Utd. He told me the reason was because they were his first club and as a former player was glad to be back with them again.
Only more ground left to do now and I hoping to be able to visit Catholic Utd before this season is over.

A clip from this match has been uploaded onto You Tube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfB6xX__c8Q

Essex Senior League
Southend Manor 3 Sporting Bengal Utd 0 (saw 2nd half only)
Admission (league pass)
Programme. 1.00

After a short drive from the Old Southendians Warner Park Bridge venue I arrived here during the half time interval. After finding out that the home side were leading 2-0 I purchased a programme in the clubhouse.
Although this was a comfortable win for the home side, it was not a good game to watch and for a while I thought that I would see no more goals today. However, a defensive howler left the forward with an empty net to seal the points. The home side had a tall centre forward who did look very clumbersome and also like he did not have much pace. The group of gentlemen behind me kept cracking little gags about him, however when he was substituted and made his way past this small group and myself these men stopped their mocking and would not repeat any of the jibes made previously to his face. I suspect the fact that he was not only very tall, but well built might have had something to do with this. However, as soon as he walked past and reached the changing rooms and was out of earshot some more mocking remarks could be heard. A bit sad and pathetic really.
A good day out, with the only small downside being stuck in the traffic coming away from the nearby Southend Utd V Crewe Alexandra match.
A clip from this match has been uploaded onto You Tube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5a0b-RMAg

UKPunk

Feb 24, 2012, 11:21 AM

Post #142 of 146 (4022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chorley2002] Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 18th February
Essex Senior League
Eton Manor (0)1 Witham Town (4)10 Match kicked off at 14:56! Attce 45
Admission 6 Programme 1 Tea 70p

I think I can say with some confidence that its unlikely Witham will have an easier game this season. Manor were missing players and it showed as the hosts were ripped to pieces time and time again.

The ref decided not to observe the 15:00 kick off today, starting proceedings a full four minutes early. A few who were still in the clubhouse consequently missed the first whistle but I didnt hear any complaints so Barry the Twat was obviously not in attendance.

For much of this match the players had to contend with squally rain and a pudding of a pitch that cut up badly, not that it seemed to hinder Witham who took only three minutes to notch the first goal when John Watson headed home from close range after poor Manor defending.

After 14 minutes it was 2-0, Manor keeper Luke Panayi saving a shot that fell to Watson who claimed his second goal of the afternoon. His hat trick came from the spot after 26 minutes after a mistimed tackle in the box drew the attention of the referee. And five minutes before the break the game was dead and buried when Billy Hunt beat the offside trap and a defender seemed to be the unfortunate player whose attempted clearance lobbed the keeper.

Number five came from a left foot shot into the top corner from Hunt after 48 minutes, number six was a header from a free kick by the unmarked Paul Harris after 54 minutes and number seven was Hunt again with a low shot a minute later.

Further Witham goals followed after 66 and 80 minutes before Kadeem Barnes got a sympathetic cheer from the Witham fans when he pulled one back for Manor a couple of minutes before the final whistle.

Ok, this was better than a 0-0, but as a neutral Id have much preferred a close game. By half time the game was over as a contest and I found myself waiting for the final whistle.

*Apologies if Ive mis-identified any of the scorers as my notebook became quite sodden and my notes were either difficult or impossible to read meaning I had to rely on my poor memory.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Feb 24, 2012, 3:30 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #143 of 146 (3983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I didn't have you down as a goal whore!

UKPunk

Feb 24, 2012, 9:14 PM

Post #144 of 146 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I didn't have you down as a goal whore!

I'm not Peter, which is why I wrote, "Ok, this was better than a 0-0, but as a neutral Id have much preferred a close game. By half time the game was over as a contest and I found myself waiting for the final whistle."

I'd have been happier with an entertaining 2-1 or 3-2. Cool

Catterick
Youth Team Regular

Feb 24, 2012, 9:25 PM

Team(s): Goole AFC, Richmond Town + Groundhopping.

Post #145 of 146 (3919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Richmond mavericks v Richmond town 2-1
North riding county cup semi final
admission and programme no
attendance 48 h/c

Last New Ground.
14th September 2019.
DSM Memorial Ground.
Penistone Church FC.
Northern Counties East League.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Feb 26, 2012, 8:40 PM

Post #146 of 146 (3841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Catterick] Saturday 18th February. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Knighton Town 4 Rhayader Town 2

Bryn-y-Castell: Aspidistra Radnorshire Cup Semi-Final

I ended -up watching this match by mistake. I had planned to watch Penybont v Pencader United in the Emrys Morgan Cup fifth round tie, which had been postponed during the previous two Saturdays, and appeared to be in danger of falling victim to the weather for a third week in a row. When I was checking the Internet on Saturday morning, to make sure that the match at the Racecourse Ground was on, I noticed that quite a few fixtures in Cardiganshire and Montgomeryshire had been postponed due to heavy over night rain. I didnft think that the match at Penybont would be in danger, as nearby Llandrindod Wellsf home match in the Spar Mid Wales League had beaten the weather, as well as a number of others in Radnorshire. But when I checked the Ceredigion League website, I found that the Emrys Morgan Cup tie had been postponed, meaning I decided to head to Knighton Town instead. The home team were riding high at the head of the Spar Mid Wales League Second Division, although had been surprisingly held by basement club in their last outing, but had overcome Penybont and Presteigne St Andrews to reach the last four. Their opponents were second in the leaguefs First Division, having defeated a Chris Kamara-inspired Welshpool Town 6-1 in their previous game, and had defeated Radnor Valley after receiving a bye in the first round.

The visitors had a good opportunity to take the lead as early as the third minute, when the ball was played across the face of the Knighton Town goal, but no Rhayader Town player could get a vital touch on the ball. A minute later, a visiting player picked up the ball and ran towards goal and fired an effort that beat Knighton Town goalkeeper. The hostfs first opportunity came in the thirteenth minute, when the ball was crossed across the goal mouth, but no Knighton Town player could get the vital touch on the ball. A Rhayader Town player shot wide from the edge of the area, after quarter of an hour, before the home goalkeeper was forced to parry a twenty-five yard shot some nine minutes later. A visiting player shot narrowly wide from thirty yards on the twenty-five minute mark. The home team started to get more of a foothold in the match, as the first-half progressed, as a deflected shot from the edge of the penalty area was easily saved by the Rhayader Town goalkeeper after thirty-three minutes. The Radnor Robins equalised on the stroke of half time as a cross into the penalty area was volleyed into the corner of the net. The visitors had the last opportunity of the opening period, in stoppage time, when a free-kick was easily saved from twenty-five yards.

Things went from bad to worse for the visitors, at the beginning of the second-half, when a cross-field ball reached a Knighton Town player, who fired home from thirty yards to give his team the lead for the first time. A shot was then blocked, just two minutes later, following a cross from the right before Rhayader Town player was dismissed for what appeared to be for talking out of turn to one of the assistant referees. A Rhayader Town player saw a shot headed-off the line on the hour mark before a free-kick was struck high and wide some two minutes later. The Knighton Town goalkeeper was off his line, in the sixty-sixth minute, as he came out to clear the ball, but his sliced attempt was returned over his head but over the crossbar. Knighton Town doubled their advantage just a minute later when one of their defenders headed in from a corner. A Rhayader Town player had a close range effort saved in the next attack before a home player received a through ball and fired across goal and into the corner of the net. Two minutes later a Rhayader Town player latched on to a through ball but shot across the goal before the Knighton Town goalkeeper held a shot from the edge of the area five minutes later. A cross was headed wide by a Rhayader Town player, with nine minutes remaining, before the Radnor Robins confirmed victory for minutes from time, as a free-kick was headed by the defender who netted their third goal. The visitors were left with too much to do, playing with ten men, and a shot in stoppage time was deflected behind for a corner as the home team hung on for victory and a place in the final against holders Llandrindod Wells. Later that evening, when checking the dayfs results, I subsequently ascertained that Penybont had played their Emrys Morgan Cup tie and thumped Pencader United to reach the semi-finals.

2011/12 Statistics
Goals: 336
Matches: 79
New Grounds: 10
@

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3