Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 18th Feb

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

adji
Reserve Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #1 of 146 (7920 views)
Shortcut
Saturday 18th Feb Can't Post or Reply Privately

Droitwich Spa U18 1 NWHC and Heather 4

Got soaked but a dent game , its kind of put me off doing one this after noon don't want another cold Wink

On my blog now

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

(This post was edited by adji on Feb 18, 2012, 12:54 PM)

southend statto
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 4:25 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #2 of 146 (7902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adji] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

my first dip into:

F. A. County Youth Cup,
Semi-final
1pm at Billericay Town FC
Essex (1) 4 Wiltshire 0
Essex all Red; Wiltshire Old Gold and Black
Gate: about 80 - free admission, no programme!
Essex dominated the first half but it took them until the 27th minute to break the deadlock.
There was a strong wind crossing the pitch but both sides coped well.
In the second half, although Wiltshire did their best, they were in the end easily beaten by Essex - with goals in the 60th, 65th and 75th minutes.
It could have been more late on but the Old Golds kept the score down.
Wiltshire were their own worst enemy in defence. So many times Essex had two or three unmarked players in the box; the away side's marking was very poor for this level.
Not a bad match, enjoyed it, despite the strong wind and second half rain - which both sides played well in. Thought they might have produced even a single sheet programme for a semi-final.
For those yet to visit Billericay, from the station, turn right out of the entrance towards the main road. Turn right and cross the bridge. Once over the bridge take the first right (Western Road). At the end of the road go straight over at the lights. Blunts Wall Road is second on the right. Walking time no longer than 20 minutes.

Tractor Boy
Youth Team Regular

Feb 18, 2012, 4:38 PM

Post #3 of 146 (7900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

F. A. Cup Fifth Round
1230 at Stamford Bridge
Chelsea (0)1 Birmingham City (1) 1

Attendance: 36,870
Admission: 30

Was going to see a Kent County League game today until th eoffer of tickets to this one came out of the blue.
Can't say it was a great game in fact I would say that Chelsea lacked tempo, movement and any real idea how to break Birmingham down.
I see from the BBC that Daniel Sturridge is quoted as saying:
"We're disappointed with the result, we're playing at home, we wanted to get the victory and go onto the Champions League. It was good from a personal note to get a goal, we were hoping that would push us on, but we couldn't get another one. Any team at home wouldn't want a draw against a team in the league below, but we played great football today."
Great football? Not sure where that was but it certainly wasn't on the grass of Stamford Bridge today. I really must stick to non-league....

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 18, 2012, 4:47 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #4 of 146 (7897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tractor Boy] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh League, Division Three
Bridgend Street 3 AFC Llwydcoed 0 (att 60 h/c)
Admission & prog 3.50

First choice was Cwmbran Celtic. It was on when I called at 12.45, and I was grateful the club called me back to tell me the ref had subsequently deemed the pitch unfit.

No problems at Bridgend Street, and no problems for them on the pitch as they won this comfortably. One goal in the first half, two more in the second.

Seats have now been installed inside the stand, and the club have plans for more ground improvements. Word of warning if you park here though, at least two cars in the car park had windows smashed. Luckily mine wasn't one of them.

Report and pics to follow on blog.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Hodders
Youth Team Regular

Feb 18, 2012, 5:05 PM

Team(s): FC United of Manchester, Carlton Town, Manchester Rangers (RL)

Post #5 of 146 (7890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Notts Senior Cup 3rd Round

Clifton 3-2 Thoresby Colliery Welfare, Norman Archer Memorial Ground

Attendance: Approx. 20 (including groundhoppers such as myself, Robhornby etc.)

Admission: 2 with programme (Free hot drink on production of programme in the clubhouse, bargain!)

Being a student on a budget, decided to take the 25-30 minute walk from campus to the All-Whites, coming across Rob and the gang by sheer chance. A game that could have gone either way with a competent referee making only one error towards the end of the game.

FC United Co-Owner and Carlton Town FC Statkeeper

ciderjon
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 5:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 146 (7879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hodders] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English Bicknor 0 Milkwall 4

Nth Glos Lge Prem Div
attn 16 f + n

Another fine afternoon spent on the edge of The Forest, again with the fine company of Tim at this unassuming, yet charmingly rural set up. Village Hall and car park, but no football furniture. Milkwall look a decent team this season. Big news: Milkwall not moving grounds, as the golf course they were moving onto has been bought by two directors of Newcastle United, who as 'developers' don't want to sell off the 16th hole to a non-league football club.

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 18, 2012, 5:28 PM

Post #7 of 146 (7876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tractor Boy] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some things in life never change and fortunately so in the case of...
STOMPOND LANE
WALTON & HERSHAM 2 Whyteleafe 1
RLD1S
Adm 8 Prog 2 Tea 1

From the fantastic long covered terrace with its leaking rusty corrugated tin sheeting with mould and ivy, to the classic main stand with its pigeon mess and big old fashioned tannoy speakers, and the rustic clubhouse with no beer, this place is a real gem Tongue
A bizarre first half spell, 36 mins, player pushed over in box, penalty, scored, kick off, 37 mins, player pushed over in box, penalty, scored, 1-1 Shocked
One further goal early in the second half and the home side held on for the win.
Plenty of photos taken to fill a gap in my album.
Smile

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 5:31 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #8 of 146 (7875 views)
Shortcut

Hampshire League 2004

Durley 3 Upham 0

admission/programme none, attendance 17 h/c

1st v 6th (but with games in hand)
Saw the corresponding game on Cup Final day last year, it was far better then the Cup Final, with some controversial decisions helping Durley to snatch 2nd.
This year Durley are running away with this league, and were not given much of a test by their rivals today. Upham fielded a weakened side, and only one sub, because a few of their players were on half-term holidays. An occupational hazard in Step 7/8....
An even first quarter of an hour was followed by Durley showing why they are top, with a forceful performance. They took the load on 23 mins when Tickner was upended by the goalkeeper as the ball was running out of play. Dirk Kuyt look- and play- alike, Micky Mullins sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot. It then threatened to get tasty for a while, but despite (or because of?) the ref's inability to show any cards, the visitors faded. A near-post corner was superbly back-heeled in by Alex White, who never stopped running, on 38 mins to give Durley a 2-0 lead. After half-time Durley took their feet off the pedal for half an hour, Upham unable to take advantage, and then the home side pressed forward again, missing 4-5 good chances. Right on full time 'Georgie' Wight, Durley's number 7, got the ball in midfield, juggled it several times, then played a perfect ball over the top for Mullins to out-battle his marker to whack in a deserved third.
I've mentioned before that Durley Rec is on a hill in the middle of nowhere. In cool, wet, breezy weather like today it's not such a great experience watching football. But the two pieces of quality in the game compensated to some extent....

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

noprogs
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 6:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 146 (7828 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Notts Senior Cup 3rd Round

Clifton 3-2 Thoresby Colliery Welfare, Norman Archer Memorial Ground

Attendance: Approx. 20 (including groundhoppers such as myself, Robhornby etc.)

Admission: 2 with programme (Free hot drink on production of programme in the clubhouse, bargain!)

Being a student on a budget, decided to take the 25-30 minute walk from campus to the All-Whites, coming across Rob and the gang by sheer chance. A game that could have gone either way with a competent referee making only one error towards the end of the game.

One of the etcetera, and good to meet up with Hodders & Rob.
Interesting programme, which was one A2 sheet folded into an 8-pager, dated for today, and not the previous two postponements.
I thought the home team were just about deserved winners, leading 1-0 & 3-1. Thoresby's best chance at 3-2 down with a quarter to go was when the home team had a man dismissed, but they lacked composure up front.
At the death a Thoresby player was also dismissed despite coming out worse in both the tackle & then after being punched, his assailant only receiving a yellow.
First football for three weeks, but this would have been entertaining regardless. Good stuff.

APL
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 6:08 PM

Post #10 of 146 (7828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cambridgeshire County League Premier Division 2pm
Eaton Socon 0 Linton Granta 2 att.17
No admission or programme.

This win keeps Linton top of the league.
A very uneventful first half and no surprise it was goalless at the break. A much improved performance in the second half saw the visitors go in front on 55 minutes and finally seal it 8 minutes from time.
The ground is at the rear of the Bowls Club, where there seemed to be 2 indoor greens as well as the outdoor one.
The social club is shared with the Bowls Club and tea/coffee was available at halftime from here. The pitch is railed off and has two metal benches that act as dugouts. No cover though, which would have been handy today as it rained for the first hour of the match, being quite heavy during the first half, although the game finished in sunshine with clear blue sky.

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-5-8-21-173-303-254

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

philmitchell
Youth Team Sub

Feb 18, 2012, 6:12 PM

Team(s): Otford United

Post #11 of 146 (7822 views)
Shortcut
Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

KENT INVICTA LEAGUE
Crockenhill 2-5 Ashford United
Admission: 5 (with programme)
Pint of Strongbow : 3.20
Attendance (H/C) 55-60

As expected Ashford brought a good following of supporters with them on their visit to lowly Crockenhill.

The Crocks had lost a couple of their better players to local rivals Orpington in the week and fielded 3 new additions to their squad at centre back, right midfield and striker.

Ashford totally dominated the first half and punished the Crocks for a couple of lapses in their defence and found themselves 4-1 ahead at the break. Crocks new striker opening his account just before half time and the centre back unfortunately scoring an own goal.

Ashford went 5-1 ahead almost immediately from the restart from a set piece

Crocks suddenly started to play some good football and pulled a goal back soon after from their new right winger and chances went begging for both sides.

There were a few niggly exchanges between players and the referee had to flash the yellow card a few times to restore order.

On reflection, the 5-2 score was a fair result but certainly some promising signs from the Crocks that they can compete against strong opposition

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 6:22 PM

Post #12 of 146 (7792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The joys of football at step 11.

Telford Combination

Denso 0 Wrockwardine Wood 17. No admission/programme or facilities. Crowd of 3.

I have been slowly working my way through the grounds of the Telford Combination, taking in matches where Denso are the opponents wherever possible, as goals are guaranteed. Without a single point won in the last three seasons, they again sit bottom of the league with 17 straight defeats and a goal difference of - 134. They do, at least, have their own ground though, which is situated within the grounds of the Denso Manufacturing factory in north Telford.

Today's game ran entirely to script with Wrockwardine Wood leading 7-0 at the break before adding a further ten goals in the second half. The Denso team take it all in good humour with no arguing or histrionics and their goalkeeper (aged 48 he told me) keeps up a steady flow of witty comments throughout.

Excellent entertainment on a bitterly cold afternoon.

YT
Youth Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 6:36 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper

Post #13 of 146 (7760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arlesey Town 1 St Albans City 1

Southern league

Bloody weather did its best to spoil things again with a strpng wind and heavy downpour during the first half.

Not a bad game & Arlesey looked better than their league position shows. They scored after 18 mins & looked like they would hang on.
As so often happens in games that I see, there was a last minute goal and it was a deserved equaliser for St Albans.
Draw a fair result.

@YT40
http://www.vasediary.blogspot.com

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 18, 2012, 6:36 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #14 of 146 (7760 views)
Shortcut

Barwick 2 Old Modernians 2, West Yorkshire League Division 2, Att: 12, Admission/Prog: No

A draw was probably a fair result in a game which was competitive without really reaching any great standard, not helped by a cold wind and a bumpy pitch. The second of two goalkeeping mistakes by the 'Mods' keeper seemed to have won it for the home side but a penalty with the last kick of the game gained a point for the visitors. Barwick's ground is behind the village hall and is shared with cricket. One side and both ends are railed and a small changing room block is behind one goal. The back wall of the village hall gave shelter from the wind but there is no cover.

Pre-match refreshments courtesy of a revisit to the excellent Chequers Inn, Ledsham.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

osborne
First Team Sub

Feb 18, 2012, 6:41 PM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #15 of 146 (7749 views)
Shortcut

FC Glades Sporting 1 West Midlands Police 6 Midland Combination Division 1
Admission -none
Programme -none
Tea 60p
h/c 14

I'd heard that Blackwood were playing a different pitch to Hampton and issued programmes. On arrival the game on the Hampton pitch was subject to a second pitch inspection and no-one seemed to know if there was a programme or not. I headed literally around the corner to Lugtrout Lane, home of FC Glades. The ground has an area of 40 seats with cover in front of it. The pitch was in a dreadful state and grass was ata premium, yet the game went ahead. The first half was really even and Glades took the lead froma 40 yard free kick. The Police equalised also from a free kick. At half time the Police manager told his players to stop playing football on the awful pitch and play the long ball game. This paid dividend after just 4 minutes of the second half. The home manager bought on a sub and changed his side around. That was a terrible mistake as his side crumbled to a dreadful defeat. The moral of the story is, that a team has to change tactics when a pitch resembles a ploughed field. Pretty football is no use when you cannot control the ball.

(This post was edited by osborne on Feb 18, 2012, 6:55 PM)

DanBlazey
Reserve Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 6:47 PM

Team(s): St Blazey, Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post #16 of 146 (7737 views)
Shortcut

East Cornwall League Premier Division: St Dominick 2-6 Elburton Villa Reserves

Admission 2.50
Programme: free

Tea 70p
Crisps 30p

Crowd: 18

I had got as far as Liskeard when I received a message to say that Ivybridge v St Blazey had been called off.

A quick scan of the leagues on my phone and I see that St Dominick have a scheduled first team fixture, giving me chance to get to another Cornish senior ground. Off we go.

I get there 10 minutes after KO to find the away side already 2-0 up. They add a third soon after and then the rest of the first half is pretty much a non-event.

Elburton press again in the second half and get up to five before St Dominick get their first. Elburton take their tally to six before St Dominick score the best goal of the game, just a late consolation obviously.

The ground is basic, just a roped off pitch which follows the crest of the hill as it tails off towards the Tamar. There are four park benches next to the pitch, but most of the 18-strong crowd were standing on the clubhouse side; a modern looking clubhouse with an excellent tea bar.

Somehow, I only have three grounds left in this division, two in far North Cornwall and one in Devon.

Total grounds visited: 285
(New this season: 22)
Last new ground: AFC Bodmin (Dragon Leisure Centre), 15/03/2014
Games this season: 24
Duchy 2: AFC Bodmin 1-2 Holywell/Cubert Athletic, 15/03/2014

ON THE BUSES
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 18, 2012, 6:49 PM

Post #17 of 146 (7730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osborne] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Awsworth Villa 1-6 Bulwell FC
Notts Intermediate Cup Quarter Final

Entrance - Free, Programme - normaly 50p but free today, Tea/Coffee 50p

From Nottingham Victoria a number 1 Rainbow bus will get you to Gilt School bus stop in Kimberley. From the same stop get a 27 to Ilkeston and get off the first stop on Main Street Awsworth. Walk 50 yards further on from the stop and cross the Road and go up Station Street. The first Road on the right is Attewell Road and the 'Shilo' ground is at the end.

No problem for Bulwell today, as many a pundit has said, " They wanted it more".

Match Report- http://daytickettoparadise.blogspot.com/

(This post was edited by ON THE BUSES on Feb 18, 2012, 7:19 PM)

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 7:02 PM

Team(s): Local football in Herts and Beds

Post #18 of 146 (7700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YT] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Arlesey Town 1 St Albans City 1

Southern league

Bloody weather did its best to spoil things again with a strpng wind and heavy downpour during the first half.

Not a bad game & Arlesey looked better than their league position shows. They scored after 18 mins & looked like they would hang on.
As so often happens in games that I see, there was a last minute goal and it was a deserved equaliser for St Albans.
Draw a fair result.

Also at this game this afternon. I think it was a more of a disappointing St Albans City performance that contributed to the Arlesey showing. Arlesey will be kicking themselves for throwing away two vital points so near the end of the game.
Good gate of 246 for this game swelled by a large and vocal contingent from St Albans.

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.

Games seen in 2016/17: 54
Goals : 214
Goal less draws: 0

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 18, 2012, 7:17 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #19 of 146 (7669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Corinthian 0-1 Cray Valley PM
Kent League

Poor game at a pleasant ground. Defences were always on top, but the home side in particular did very little to test them. A complete lack of urgency late on. Still the 31st minute was entertaining as Corinthian struck the bar, then the post on the rebound, with the ball finding its way to a relieved Cray Valley keeper. He booted it long upfield for the #10 to run onto and net the only goal.

The ground is completely open on one side, though spectator access not allowed. The main stand presumably dates from days when cricket was played here (assumption, not actually known) and some covered wooden benches behind a goal. Opposite dugouts (and near to some older ones) are four bus shelters offering standing cover, the hard standing on this side actually the pavement from an older access road.

The 'Farm' in the name of the ground holds true here too.

(This post was edited by Dr Love on Feb 18, 2012, 7:20 PM)

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 7:29 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #20 of 146 (7644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SWP East

Sidmouth Town 2 Totnes & Dartington 1

Att - Approx 35/40

Admision - Comp

Prog - Comp (excellent)

Pastie 1.50 - very good !

Late, late winner to the home side but a draw would probably have been fairer result

Pitch very heavy but rain cleared before half time and we got through to the end

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 18, 2012, 7:42 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #21 of 146 (7597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase

Herne Bay 1 Larkhalll Ath 0

Dogged performance from Bay who played over an hour with ten men after Tom Parker was sent off for a headbut during a 22 man skirmish and
compounded his indiscipline by kicking a traffic cone at the visitors bench as he left the pitch. Bay just wanted it more and won it on 85mins when a free kick was scrambled in

Slumming It
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 18, 2012, 7:43 PM

Team(s): Leeds United, Rawmarsh Welfare (RIP)

Post #22 of 146 (7594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staines Town 1 v 2 Farnborough FC, Blue Square South. Att 415 (if I remember rightly).

in 12, prog 2.50.

Coldish and wet in a Ryman standard stadium, tidy football by the losing side with the winners bringing an impressive following.

More on the slumming it site (address below) when time allows.

Bielsa ringing...

Leeds games are my priority but will go anywhere to not be home on a Saturday (Jeff Stelling or the BT version drive me out not my wife and kids).

robhornby
First Team Star

Feb 18, 2012, 7:56 PM

Team(s): Non League Football

Post #23 of 146 (7570 views)
Shortcut

NOTTS FA SENIOR CUP: ROUND THREE

Clifton FC 3 Thoresby CW 2

Went along to see that all will go well for the Bonanza day in 4 weeks time, they seem all set up and ready to greet you all.

spent the match in excellent company of Hodder and No Progs and his friend.

The game was a decent cup tie.

For report ad pics please see my blog
http://aroundthegrounds2011-12.blogspot.com

Dont forget less than 3 weeks to book for the Advance Ticket for the CMFL Bonanza

To visit my charity blog..please click on https://aroundthegrounds2019-20.blogspot.com/

bluearmybob
First Team Sub

Feb 18, 2012, 8:14 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town FC since April 11th 1966.Groundhopping since January 28th 1989

Post #24 of 146 (7520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP KO 15-00hrs

IPSWICH TOWN.3 (1) v (0) 0 CARDIFF CITY.

SCORERS.
HOME. L MARTIN 21 & 73. M CHOPRA 48.

AWAY. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addmission by season ticket. Programme 3. Attendance 17,032.

###############################################################################

GROUNDS VISITED.(382) NEW GROUNDS THIS SEASON 2019/20. (13)
GAMES THIS SEASON 2019/20. (23)
GAMES SINCE LAST 0-0. Ipswich Town v Wycombe Wanderers. 26/11/19. (2) BEST RUN OF NOT SEEING A 0-0. (61)
LEAGUES COMPLETED. Championship. League 1. Isthmian League North. ECL Premier Division. ECL Division 1 North. SCEFL Premier Division.
FOOTBALL SEEN IN:Bulgaria,Czech Republic,England,France,Greece,Guensey,Holland,Scotland,Switzerland,Turkey & Wales.

andysanktpauli
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 18, 2012, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Ramsgate,FC St Pauli,Tranmere Rovers

Post #25 of 146 (7516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Saturday 18th Feb [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Premier Academy League

West Ham Youth 0 Portsmouth Youth 1

att 150 est

Decent first half with both teams intent on passing the ball,Pompey dominated
but West Ham had a goal chalked off and hit the woodwork twice.

Pompey got the decisive winner after 47mins in a drab second half that dragged
on and on as West Ham missed numerous opportunities to get a result.

No problems getting in at Little Heath,a few stewards around but not questioned
at all, decent turnout and around the same were watching the U16 game on the
adjacent pitch.

then onto...

Middlesex County League Premier Division

FC Romania 5 Hillingdon 1

att 3(peaked at double figures in second half)

Good game at the Score centre on the 3G directly opposite Leyton Orient.

FC Romania do play some nice stuff and were worthy winners in a first half they
dominated,but Hillingdon did play better after the break and got a deserved goal
in the last 10mins.

Barry the twat was in attendance here and was very apt that Scunthorpe were the
opponents over the road.

Grounds Visited; 977

Last ground, Peckham Town, Menace Arena
Peckham Town 3 Metrogas 0

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3