Team(s): ABMU

Post #26 of 37 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
This woman is a drama queen, her ex is a perfectly nice fella who wouldn't harm a fly, it's about time the police wised up and prosecuted her for wasting police time and got on with apprehending real villans!

The thing is you never know what goes on behind closed doors. There are some really nasty people about who seem like genuinely nice individuals to everyone but the person on the receiving end of their abuse.

Fair point but I can safely say that is not the case in this instance and women who make such things up make it more difficult for genuine victims to get the service they should.

You can't possibly know that unless you are in the house 24/7.

To answer this point and similar points made by others in one go, this bloke doesn't live at the house in question anymore as they are divorced, he visits to collect his kids for access arrangements as doesn't enter the house at all. He also has family and friends in the area who he visits and it seems that as soon as his ex wife sees him in the area she calls 999 claiming that he is stalking/harrasing her and the police have to take her call seriously.

Things like this which by there very nature are complex and take time to investigate waste an awful lot of police time and are an insult to genuine victims of stalking and harrasment.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 1, 2012, 12:07 PM

Post #27 of 37 (1066 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What makes my blood boil is the fact that money crimes (i.e. crimes against companies) usually carry heavier sentences than crimes against the person. That needs to change. So does the fact that criminals serve less than half their sentences. Mad

I totally agree, there was a bloke in our local paper who had been jailed for stealing thousands of pounds from his employers over a period of a few years, the fact that it took them so long to notice the money had gone missing must say something.

I don't for one minute condone what he did but the bloke appears to be no threat to the public so why is he taking up a valueable prison place? Wouldn't having to do unpaid work to repay what he had stolen be a more appropriate punishment? We then hear of violent thugs being released early because of over crowding.

It might also help if prisons were less like holiday camps.

On a simlar theme, very sad news about David Rathband today............may Raul Moat rot in hell.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Mar 1, 2012, 12:23 PM)

Whiskey Coates
Reserve Team Star

Mar 1, 2012, 3:29 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #28 of 37 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
...very sad news about David Rathband today............may Raul Moat rot in hell.

Seconded on both points.

Didn't David Rathband use to referee in one of his local leagues in Northumberland?

Chris1963

Mar 2, 2012, 5:59 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #29 of 37 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
...very sad news about David Rathband today............may Raul Moat rot in hell.

Seconded on both points.

Didn't David Rathband use to referee in one of his local leagues in Northumberland?

I think it was once mentioned on here that he was a linesman in the Northern League, if only an occasional one.

Black mark to today's Sun for trivialising his death by comparing Moat to a character from the Harry Potter films. I hope the Murdochs rot in hell too.

One thing that puzzles me about the case is the very heavy sentences handed out to Moat's two accomplices, despite their involvment being little more than getaway drivers. One got a minimum tariff of 40 years, which is normally seen only for double murders or the killing of children / policemen, and the other around 25 -35 years (I can't remember the exact length) despite the fact that he was hardly involved at all.

As for burglary - never had one in my current home but that's because it is in a secure block of flats, also the private estate where I live is run by a management company who charge nearly 600 a year for service charges, maintenance etc. It's worth it as this has paid for CCTV in the communal bins area to discourage littering. There is a lot to be said for the 'zero tolerance' approach (ie; crack down on very minor offences like litter, graffiti, etc and you won't have any problems with more serious crime.)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Mar 2, 2012, 6:10 PM)

Whiskey Coates
Reserve Team Star

Mar 2, 2012, 7:29 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #30 of 37 (998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think it was once mentioned on here that he was a linesman in the Northern League, if only an occasional one.

Black mark to today's Sun for trivialising his death by comparing Moat to a character from the Harry Potter films. I hope the Murdochs rot in hell too.

I think I read it on the nonleaguezone forum at the time of the incident. It sounded like he was a very popular bloke in local non-league circles.

And I thought exactly the same when I saw the front page of The Sun this morning. A photo of Moat next to a photo of Lord Voldemort, or whatever his name is. Could they stoop any lower? Don't answer that.

UKPunk

Mar 2, 2012, 8:44 PM

Post #31 of 37 (989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think I read it on the nonleaguezone forum at the time of the incident. It sounded like he was a very popular bloke in local non-league circles.

And I thought exactly the same when I saw the front page of The Sun this morning. A photo of Moat next to a photo of Lord Voldemort, or whatever his name is. Could they stoop any lower? Don't answer that.

It's things like that that make me wish it was murky Murdoch who was no longer with us rather than someone who was doing something positive for the community! Mad

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 3, 2012, 10:56 AM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 37 (965 views)
Shortcut

And still people buy that crap, there was a fit bird in Asda this morning handing out copies to shoppers as they entered. I investigated doing journalism when I was younger, it was suggested that the likes of The Mirror and The Sun was where the very best hacks would end up...worrying.

Sorry to go o/t.

Isaac

Mar 3, 2012, 11:04 AM

Post #33 of 37 (959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyjazz] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And still people buy that crap, there was a fit bird in Asda this morning handing out copies to shoppers as they entered. I investigated doing journalism when I was younger, it was suggested that the likes of The Mirror and The Sun was where the very best hacks would end up...worrying.

Sorry to go o/t.

Obviously not everybody shares your opinion that it is "crap".

I haven't bought a daily newspaper in years but each to their own choice on the matter.

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 4, 2012, 9:37 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #34 of 37 (917 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
And still people buy that crap, there was a fit bird in Asda this morning handing out copies to shoppers as they entered.

Sorry to go o/t.

Good grief I remember the attempt by some agency staff to recruit S**m readers on campus over ten years ago now it must be. Can't believe they still do that, in light of what's happened. Mind, in recent months I've seen more adverts for Sly....

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 5, 2012, 7:45 AM

Team(s):

Post #35 of 37 (894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry to go o/t.

I haven't bought a daily newspaper in years but each to their own choice on the matter.

That's a fair point about each to their own Isaac, I just get depressed with popular media be it papers or tv, there's an opportunity to provide inspirational, educational and entertaining stuff but people would rather watch TOWIE or Prancers On Ice. Their choice, although it limits what's available for others who want something a little more high-brow.

Sorry to hear about your burglary timmytabby.

I don't want to get embroiled in a political debate but I do believe it's a lack of education and particularly reading ability that creates the recidivists of the future, who either can't be bothered or just don't have the necessary skills to find employment and have to resort to crime to feed their habits. Rant over.

(This post was edited by jimmyjazz on Mar 5, 2012, 7:47 AM)

Isaac

Mar 5, 2012, 10:21 AM

Post #36 of 37 (881 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry to go o/t.

That's a fair point about each to their own Isaac, I just get depressed with popular media be it papers or tv, there's an opportunity to provide inspirational, educational and entertaining stuff but people would rather watch TOWIE or Prancers On Ice. Their choice, although it limits what's available for others who want something a little more high-brow.

Sorry to hear about your burglary timmytabby.

I don't want to get embroiled in a political debate but I do believe it's a lack of education and particularly reading ability that creates the recidivists of the future, who either can't be bothered or just don't have the necessary skills to find employment and have to resort to crime to feed their habits. Rant over.

It does seem that most people are more interested in the latest 'goss' etc!

Of course far more up to date news is readily available online nowadays.

I very much agree with the last paragraph.

UKPunk

Mar 5, 2012, 1:30 PM

Post #37 of 37 (865 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Well said Jimmy! I think there's little doubt that the intelligence of the average person in this country seems to have dipped alarmingly over the past 50 years. It's shameful that in this country we still have kids leaving school unable to read.

There is also a worrying lack of enthusiasm for anything that isn't showbiz gossip, sex, or 'brain dead TV'. Anything that requires thought or reflection seems to be beyond the majority of people.

I was watching that 'Make Bradford British' programme online last night and there was a white woman on it who had never heard of Hogmanay and called it mahogany! Crazy

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3