Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 20th December 2011

adji
Reserve Team Star

Dec 20, 2011, 10:11 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #1 of 23 (6355 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 20th December 2011 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Malvern Town Youth 4 Bishops Cleeve Youth 2

Game played in appalling conditions but not a bad game , i shall update my blog now with a more in depth report.

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

karldax
Youth Team Sub

Dec 20, 2011, 10:14 PM

Team(s): Forest Green & AFC Emley

Post #2 of 23 (6350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adji] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuffley Rovers 0)2
Patchway Town 0)0
Entry 1 by programme
Att : 30 h/c

A game played in a torrential downpour got better as it went on. Tuffley just about deserved all three points as players and officials stuck it out in the wettest conditions I've seen football played this season.
Met Shifnal Shrew from this parish and don't envy his journey home in these conditions.

Now just need the weather to dry up before the weekend to enable a full programme over the holiday period.

The Hills of Forest Green
Where the mountains reach the sky
A Dream comes true
I'll live there till I die

Castles in The Air - Don McLean

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 20, 2011, 10:24 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #3 of 23 (6342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karldax] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stourport Swifts 0 Yate Town 3 (Southern League Division 1 South & West) Att: 72

Another game played in non stop rain, but it turned out to be most entertaining. Swifts were in it for the first few minutes, but Yate always looked a little bit faster, more skillful and more intelligent, and so it proved. The excellent Groves scored just before half time, Mackie added a second shortly after the break, and from then on it was a question of how many. The home keeper played an absolute blinder, made at least half a dozen wonderful saves, and was beaten only by an unstoppable shot from Groves two minutes from time. The same score as last season's meeting, and again Yate looked a better side than their league position. Swifts worked hard but Rod Brown has really got a lot to do to keep his side in the Southern League, unless a reprieve arrives from somewhere.

Game watched by many of Worcestershire and the Black Country's finest. Good night out.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 20, 2011, 10:28 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #4 of 23 (6334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karldax] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southern League North : Stourport Swifts 0 Yate Town 3. Admission 7; Programme 1.50. Attendance 74 (hc)

I thought Tim might beat me to the punch on this one as I had all of 16 miles to travel home. (he may well yet)

My only previous visit here was on August 20th 1988 for a WML Prem game against Rocester and I'd never been to Stourport in the dark before - not a shell suit or Doghead shirt in evidence in contrast with the occcasional summer Sunday when the family have a day out in Chavtown-on-Severn and it's packed with the Black Country's finest.
Walshes Meadow, just across the bridge from the Spoons, has had a new stand since my last visit but other than that not much has changed. The clubhouse, though welcoming, has seen better days as has the overhang in front of it which serves as cover behind the goal, and which became Worcestershire Hopper Corner for the evening. A grease wagon was in attendance and the double bacon and sausage bap at 3 left no room for bovril which Tim vouched for and he should know.
A decent game where Stourport held their own for half an hour belying their bottom of the table status but once the first goal went in they were never going to recover. Indeed their keeper Haydn Whitcombe had a barnstorming second half with several point blank saves but was undone early and late ,the third goal being a belter.
Enjoyable stuff and good company and I may even come back next season to see Swifts in the Midland Alliance.

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Dec 20, 2011, 10:30 PM)

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 20, 2011, 11:03 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #5 of 23 (6292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Midlands League Premier Division
Gornal Athletic 4 Shifnal Town 1
Admission 4

Gornal showed why they're credible title contenders with this win in an entertaining game although it was only an own goal which separated the sides at half time. Three goals for the Black Country side sealed the game with a penalty being Shifnal's consolation between the home side's 2nd and 3rd goals.

Despite the heavy rain over the previous three days the pitch wasn't in too bad a condition and, yes you've guessed it, more of it came down just after kick off and for the duration of the game.

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

Sussexhopper
First Team Star

Dec 20, 2011, 11:21 PM

Team(s): Worthing Brighton Burnley

Post #6 of 23 (6265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sussex County Division 2

Littlehampton 1-3 Loxwood

Admission 5 Programme 1 Mug of Tea 60p

First trip to Littlehampton in 10 years, not much changed apart from a new goals a new perimeter fence and excellent floodlights.

Enjoyable game down by the seaside in the rain. First half was a little boring with both teams playing tight football but the second half was very exciting with Loxwood scoring a couple of quick goals around the hour mark and Littlehampton pulling one back on 88 minutes just when Littlehampton were throwing the kitchen sink at Loxwood they got caught and a neat finish when 1 on 1 sealed the points for Loxwood. Little bit of an upset considering the league position of the 2 sides.

Shifnalshrew
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 20, 2011, 11:42 PM

Team(s): Shrewsbury Town & Shifnal Town.

Post #7 of 23 (6231 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Tuffley Rovers 0)2
Patchway Town 0)0
Entry 1 by programme
Att : 30 h/c

A game played in a torrential downpour got better as it went on. Tuffley just about deserved all three points as players and officials stuck it out in the wettest conditions I've seen football played this season.
Met Shifnal Shrew from this parish and don't envy his journey home in these conditions.

Now just need the weather to dry up before the weekend to enable a full programme over the holiday period.

Good to meet up with you Karl, not too bad a journey home in all fairness but there was plenty of the wet stuff around !

Ribbit
Youth Team Regular

Dec 20, 2011, 11:58 PM

Post #8 of 23 (6205 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spartan South Midlands - Premier Divison
Haringey Borough 1 Vs. 4 Royston Town
Admission: 5
Attendance: 75

Royston dominated the first half, but wasted their chances. Haringey took the lead more or less against the run of play. The first half was good, the ball was played on the floor and generally play well. The second half was better. Haringey came into the game more and had several chances but much like Royston in the first half, spurned them all. Royston grabbed the goal they deserved to equalise and then a few minutes later scored a stunning second (outside of the box to the top left hand corner) to take the lead. That was fair enough as they had dominated for most of the match. Royston continued to press and grabbed two more goals, the last one of which was probably slightly more than they deserved. Haringey should be pleased with their performance - though they were second best, they didn't give up and even at 4-1 down they still looked for a goal. A very enjoyable game.

I don't know what it is that attracts me to watch Haringey Borough. Harringey is not especially close to me (there are teams in the same division who are closer to home), the ground is a mess and there isn't much support there, but attracted to them I am and they are my favourite step five team. I've seen them more than anyone else in my couple of years of ground hopping and their score is the first I look for every week.

(This post was edited by Ribbit on Dec 21, 2011, 12:00 AM)

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 21, 2011, 12:41 AM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #9 of 23 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Essex Senior League
Burnham Ramblers 1(0)-(0)2 Sporting Bengal United
Leslie Field, Springfield Road, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex
Attendance: 24
Admission: 6. Programme 1.50 - 40 pages inc. outer four in colour. Lots of interesting stuff inc. usual ESL 'Centrefold', manager's view, upto date tables/info inc. Reserves/youth teams etc.

Also purchased: Chips 1, Bottle of Harrogate Sparkling 1 and Mars bar 50p. From clubhouse pint of Kaltenberg Hell 2.70

On a warmer night and just before the rain came, a decent night's footie between two mid-table sides, and Burnham will wonder just how they let this game slip through their fingers, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. A shame about the attendance, and I actually counted about fifteen tops, though a small number of people were in the clubhouse upstairs. It certainly was lonely sitting in the stand with just one man and his kid for company. Obviously some people have more important things to worry about this week...The one annoyance was this game was delayed by 25 minutes as Bengal were stuck in traffic on the long journey from East London to East Essex, though they were warming up on the pitch at usual kick-off time. Later on in the evening I overheard one of the home club officials talking to Uncle Len, clearly very unhappy with Bengal, and London clubs in general. But what could Bengal do exactly? And they have as much right to be in this league as anyone else.

With Bengal possibly travel weary, Burnham started much stronger, which set the tone for the first seventy-five minutes. An early Ramblers header was deflected just wide, before a shot outside the box took a big random deflection off Ash-John Baptiste's head, and the Bengal keeper had to be alert to tip it behind low to his right. Just after the quarter hour mark, a Burnham corner was dangerously headed back towards their own goaline by a couple of Bengal defenders, and from the loose ball a home player swung a leg out and the ball rifled against the inside of the post and away to safety. The chances kept coming for the hosts, as a player sidestepped his man and curled a shot straight into the keeper's gloves, then moments later so close as a Burnham ball beat the keeper at his near post and almost dribbled along the goaline and away to safety.
It was evident Burnham were quite physical with their tackles and muscling opponents off the ball tonight, but it seemed fair. Bengal couldn't halt the Burnham juggernaut as they kept easily losing possession, as per the last sentence usually. The chances kept coming. On 23 minutes a corner just missed the head of a Ramblers lad at the far post, then a near bizarre goal when the Bengal goalie charged thirty yards off his line to slide the ball away with his legs, but made a mess of it and was almost chipped from nearly the halfway line by a Burnham lad - indeed the lob looked goalbound from where I was although a player was waiting at the far post to head in, though a Bengal defender managed to clear it almost off the line. The siege on the Bengal goal continued upto half time. On 37 minutes after a good run by skipper Stuart Judd, his shot from the edge of the box was saved by the keeper, then a great chance when a good through ball sent Ross Wall clear but he could only shoot straight at the Bengal stopper. A couple more close efforts followed, but despite the near one way traffic, Bengal were relieved to still be hanging on in there at the break.

The home side's pressure continued however into the second period. They almost scored two minutes after the restart, when a corner was poked goalwards by someone, and the keeper, despite seeing the ball late, got down well to save. Then a great chance once more on 49 minutes when a ball from the left was - perhaps a bit too casually - sidefooted goalwards at the far post, and was cleared off the line, then the rebound just snatched from the feet of a player before he could score. Bengal were starting to improve though and finally registered a decent effort on 52 minutes when a shot was saved by Ramblers keeper Matt Belcher into the side netting, but Ramblers were still doing most of the pressing, with a free kick almost in the box going inches over, and I overhead Belcher mock the quality of the visitors. I knew it would come back to haunt him...
Indeed a few minutes later the Burnham goalie nearly had to have humble pie when a lay-off to a Bengal player in space in the box was disappointingly put in the side netting. An early warning. That didn't stop Ramblers creating chances, as on 66 minutes the ref played advantage and Brad Warner found himself free to the left of the box, but the goalie bravely stopped him just in time, then moments later a few strikes on goal in the box were bravely blocked. Bengal's goal continued to live a charmed life on 71 minutes when a header from a corner was cleared off the line again, by a player wisely on the far post, then the rebound shot was blocked out, and moments later another chance wasted when a ball from the left found a Ramblers lad six yards out, only to totally mishit his effort. It was only a brief let-off for Bengal though, as Ramblers finally took the lead on 75 minutes, when a good ball found Ross Wall free down the left, and he ran through to tuck the ball home and break Bengal's brave/lucky resistance. Surely it was game over?
Not so, as Bengal suddenly went for it at the other end, and within three minutes had levelled things up, when a good ball found the no. 9 down the right who had escaped his markers, and though Belcher saved his shot, the rebound was tucked away from close range at the far post, despite the attentions of two defenders. Ramblers players and supporters looked shell-shocked and arguing with each other, and Bengal sensed they could get a winner...and on 83 minutes they turned the game on its head when the no. 10 turned his man and his fine shot outside the box crept into the bottom corner, though Belcher might have done better. Ramblers were suddenly completely ragged (I heard a Ramblers player shout to a teammate who gave the ball away "I am not black!"....) and Bengal were now suddenly in control, and though Ramblers tried to get back into it, their only chance was a looping ball into the box on 86 minutes that was headed onto the roof of the net. Indeed Bengal nearly got a third in added time when a corner was headed against the post, but in the end it didn't matter, and what seemed a laughable result barely fifteen minutes earlier became a reality by the time the final whistle blew at virtually 9:58.

Keith Wilson must be scratching his head as to how, after missing numerous chances and dominating up to the eventual opener, his side managed to throw this one away. Credit to Bengal though who - through courageous defending and a bit of luck - held out for so long, then did not let their heads drop after the goal and gave it a real go, and you could tell how much it meant to get their winner. Bengal now joint nineth with games in hand, while Ramblers remain seventh, four points up the road after this entertaining contest. I hope Bengal had a better journey back. Well done to the officials as well finally, who I thought were very professional, explained things to and encouraged the players very well, letting the game flow, and quite a chatty lino as well whom I saw regularly talking casually to Ramblers officials.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

LS8
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 21, 2011, 1:24 AM

Post #10 of 23 (6169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sussex County League Division Two

Wick 1 Mile Oak 1 Att: 30 (h/c)

Adults: 5 Prog: 1

Bacon Burger: 3 Coffee: 1

A pretty decent game between two sides near the top of the division, played in an unseasonal 8 degrees of warmth and whilst the rain did come down quite heavily in the second half, it has to be remembered that this time last year there was a minus before the number in the temperature stakes and watching football was a bit of a pipedream for the next 3 weeks or so, so i'm not going to whinge about the rain. Cover on both sides kept those who wanted to keep out of the rain stay dry anyway.

Mile Oak were probably the better side in the first half, going in one up thanks to a 40th minute goal, they also looked the better side in the first 15 minutes of the second half, until Wick scored from a corner, then it all changed and Wick looked more likely to grab a winner. Some excellent saves made by both keepers and some good end to end football, especially in the second half.

For a change the game kicked off early (19.43) and ended when it should have (21.31), though a few extra minutes should have been added at the end. I think the ref just wanted to get in out of the rain and the final whistle appeared to come as a bit of a shock to both teams and benches.

Tidy little ground, potholed carpark for about 30 cars, seated stand on the right as you go in with possibly 100 seats (of which half were useable) small bit of standing cover on the opposite side, to the left of the dugouts, clubhouse set back from the near goal, food served from a hatch outside.

Railway line behind the dugout side...Train count during the game: 24

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2011, 6:40 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #11 of 23 (6145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LS8] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Harefield United 1 Dunstable Town 4 SSML
Admission 6 including programme
Attendance 70ish (hc)
Cheeseburger and tomato soup 3.50
A drive along the dark lanes of Breakspear Rd South and North saw me arrive at a soggy Harefield car park at 6.30 and spend half an hour listening to Radio 5 live trying to big up the Blackburn v Bolton game
Dunstable were much the better side though Harefield never stopped trying.
The third Dunstable goal was weird to say the least. Dunstable had been awarded a free kick just outside the Harefield box but before it could be taken they wanted to make a sub. Cue the linesman going to the half way line to do the necessary. He'd just set off back to his position when Dunstable took the kick, the keeper parried and Dunstable slammed in the rebound with the lino still hopelessly out of position. Despite the protests from Harefield the goal was allowed to stand !
The ref then gave Harefield a soft penalty which they converted when everyone in the ground saw the player dive !Dunstable made the game safe though by scoring a 4th soon after

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2011, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #12 of 23 (6104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Following the postponement of Chichester, I opted for a revisit to Berkhamsted for

Spartan South Midlands Premier Div
Berkhamsted 1 Oxhey Jets 2
Admission 2.50
Programme 1.50

Att - will wait for official hc

Parking a nightmare at the ground.

A surprise at the gate when the gateman charged me full price, and when I queried whether I would qualify for a concessionary price, (I did) he said that I didn't look old enough. What a nice man he was!

Berko started in 8th place, with Oxhey in 18th, but Berko had lost their last 5 games so confidence was low

A fairly even first half, with Oxhey taking the lead with a looping header in, They doubled their lead in the second half when their number 9 turned in a low cross

Berko did finally pull one back with about 15 to go, and did then huff and puff, but - apart from a very late chance which was headed wide - rarely looked like getting anything out of the game

Enjoyable company of Ben's owner, even though Ben himself chose to keep warm at home

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 21, 2011, 9:12 AM

Post #13 of 23 (6073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My first two choices were Off, so headed for Gander Green Lane for

SUTTON UTD vs Truro
Conference South
Adm 11 (Con 5.50) Prog 2.50

Was advised the Visitors had left Truro at 09.00, long day and not helped bo only having one Substitute, who ironically did not get on, despite his lonesome Half-Time routine.

Truro started the better looking far superior to the Homesters, however no Goals in the First-Half. Much the same in the Second, end to end, even side to side but no finish, however the Game really livened up with around 20 mins to go when Truro scored a well construsted Goal.

Sutton suddenly realised their predicament and raised their Game and with just 10 mins remaining equalised with a diving header. Relief all round, however less than a minute later Truro scored again, a far Post Header from a good cross. Panic Stations into 4 mins added time but luck was with Sutton, given a Free-Kick on the edge of the Box managed to find the top corner with a fierce shot to equalise at 2-2.

Truro played the better and must admit deserved the 3 points.

(This post was edited by The Wall on Dec 21, 2011, 9:14 AM)

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 21, 2011, 10:26 AM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 23 (6022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AFC Wulfrunians 5 Stafford Town 2
West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division
At: Castlecroft Stadium
Admission: 4, Programme: 1 (44 pages and worth every penny)
Attendance: 30 (headcount)

First visit of the season to Castlecroft Stadium and during the first half I had high hopes of seeing Town record an away win. They led 1-0 at the interval before we had a 45-minute half-time caused by an injury picked up by the referee. To allow the game to continue I offered my services as a qualified but no longer registered referee and was set to run the line until the home bench, understandably, objected.

After a replacement linesman arrived, AFC Wulfrunians made a strong start to the second half with three unanswered goals by the 61st minjute and ended up winning 5-2.

AFC Wulfrunians are a well-run club with what must be one of the biggest stands at step 6. The programme was superb.

http://pitch-side-stories.blogspot.com/...h-december-2011.html

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

(This post was edited by chrisb on Dec 21, 2011, 10:27 AM)

craigh
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 21, 2011, 10:34 AM

Post #15 of 23 (6014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Carterton 2-2 Cricklade Town

2 admission 1 programme
Awful conditions and a crazy game that really got going around the 30 minute mark , 4 sendings off including one of the managers (I think) , a goalie who could barely stand up let alone kick a ball , a penalty and to be fair two teams who despite the nasty conditions (rain) tried their best .........oh and not forgetting the player who assaulted an innocent dustbin outside the changing room after just being sent off .......... proper grass roots football!

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Dec 21, 2011, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #16 of 23 (5931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [craigh] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackburn Rovers 1 Bolton Wanderers 2
Admission 15
Attendance 25,570

An eagerley anticipated game in t'Classico or as it was re-christened El Sackio with pressure on both managers, not that you'd know it from the Wanderers end with almost total support throughout for Owen Coyle, in contrast to the much publicised protests of the Blackburn fans against Steve Kean.

Certainly a real blood and thunder clash and certainly a good one for the neutral, but particularly nervy and gripping at the same time as a Bolton fan.

Pre match pints in the Fernhurst opposite the ground, 3.30 for a pint of draught Thwaites from a van in the car park, with the alternative being to pay 2 to enter the actual pub to get out of the drizzle.

The official car parks are 10 (!!!!!) but we managed to find a secure car park 5 minutes walk away from the ground for 3. Traffic a nightmare after the game though, with loud protests continuing outside the ground even an hour after the game while we were still trying to get away.

Pre match I'd predicted a 2-0 loss for Bolton amongst the doom and gloom, but the world suddenly looks a much better place! Terrific atmosphere in the Bolton end, not got much of a voice left this morning! Even the Rovers fans were very loud at times, albeit not exactly positive!

John of Wessex
Junior Team Regular

Dec 21, 2011, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine, Biggleswade Town

Post #17 of 23 (5779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Following the postponement of Chichester, I opted for a revisit to Berkhamsted for

Spartan South Midlands Premier Div
Berkhamsted 1 Oxhey Jets 2
Admission 2.50
Programme 1.50

Att - will wait for official hc

Parking a nightmare at the ground.

A surprise at the gate when the gateman charged me full price, and when I queried whether I would qualify for a concessionary price, (I did) he said that I didn't look old enough. What a nice man he was!

Berko started in 8th place, with Oxhey in 18th, but Berko had lost their last 5 games so confidence was low

A fairly even first half, with Oxhey taking the lead with a looping header in, They doubled their lead in the second half when their number 9 turned in a low cross

Berko did finally pull one back with about 15 to go, and did then huff and puff, but - apart from a very late chance which was headed wide - rarely looked like getting anything out of the game

Enjoyable company of Ben's owner, even though Ben himself chose to keep warm at home

I attended this game and had no problems parking at all.
There's a council-run car park at the end of Broadwater that's free for 4-hours or so.
A simple 2 minute walk back to the ground was the only exertion I had.
Where were you parked yorkieexile?

As for the game, it got a little feisty towards the end. Berko hit the crossbar in a late attack and had a penalty turned down that upset them even more when the attacker was shown a yellow for diving.
I thought Oxhey shaded the game and probably deserved it. The home fans had little confidence in their keeper! I also noticed they'd had some good home attendances this season, notably 217 against Hadley in late November.

Regards

Aldershot_Dan
Ballboy/girl

Dec 21, 2011, 7:30 PM

Post #18 of 23 (5715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John of Wessex] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another at berkhamsted. Enjoyed the game, thought oxhey deserved the win. Sat behind the dugouts and found it quite entertaining listening to the managers of either team arguing with the referee.

=====================================

Ground count: 272
2011/12 Ground count: 34
2011/12 New Grounds: 23
92 Complete: 58

Last Ground: Broadwater, Berkhamsted
Favorite Ground: Grotenburg Stadion, KFC Uerdingen.

Mr Peru
Junior Team Star

Dec 21, 2011, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Wealdstone

Post #19 of 23 (5654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aldershot_Dan] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think everyone was at Berkhamsted!

Entertaining game...and was it a penalty????

http://bobblypitch.blogspot.com/...-1-2-oxhey-jets.html

Aldershot_Dan
Ballboy/girl

Dec 21, 2011, 9:30 PM

Post #20 of 23 (5649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr Peru] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Personally, yes. I thought it looked a push but it would have been undeserving to oxhey if they had equalised.

Ground count: 272
2011/12 Ground count: 34
2011/12 New Grounds: 23
92 Complete: 58

Last Ground: Broadwater, Berkhamsted
Favorite Ground: Grotenburg Stadion, KFC Uerdingen.

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Dec 22, 2011, 7:10 AM

Post #21 of 23 (5551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aldershot_Dan] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not taking any chances on this occasion with a number of postponements due to waterlogging in these parts. Therefore, Tuesday nights 'entertainment' was provided by......

Hayes and Yeading United 1 v 3 Fleetwood Town - Conference National
Prog 40 pages 2.50 (excellent) - Admission 12.00 - Att 264.

From a Fleetwood point of view, this fell into 'job done' category. Long midweek trip to a virtually empty Kingfield, pitch that cut up quite significantly and for a team near the top of the table this was hardly a vintage display but adequate.

After a positive start which led to Briggs turning quickly and curling a shot into the far corner to put the visitors in front, Fleetwood spent most of the first half on the back foot and really should have been behind at half time. Ajala should have equalised when he lost his marker but headed wide with a most unconvincing header. A shot from Hand just went fractionally over the bar. Hayes then did equalise with Collins angling a shot into the far corner.

Hayes continued to press forward and Joseph-Dubois shot narrowly wide and then with the best chance of the half, Soares went for power rather than accuracy and ended up sending his close range half volley into the deserted stand behind the goal.

The introduction of Vardy and later of Vieira made a huge difference to Fleetwood's play and the injection of the pace stretched the Hayes defence. Vardy in fact could have put Fleetwood back in front with two chances but missed the target on both occasions. However, they were back in front when Vieira hooked the ball in from close range after a long throw from Beeley and the win was made secure with a Mangan penalty after Vardy was hauled down by Beasant who received a straight red for his misdemeanour.

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Dec 22, 2011, 10:52 AM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 23 (5485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Haywards Heath Town v Newhaven (1-5)
Sussex Co Lge Div 3
Entry & Prog 3
Crowd 84

A comfortable win for Newhaven, who moved to the top of the table. One of their scorers was ex Brighton player Kerry Mayo. Cracking ground, one of the best in the Sussex League.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Dec 22, 2011, 7:04 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #23 of 23 (5355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Tuesday 20th December 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Horsham YMCA 0 v 2 Selsey Sussex County FL Div 1 Admission 6 Prog 1 (OK) Att 60 Est Soup 1

Suffering from a cough i decided to stay local. Last time i saw Horsham YM this season they lost 6-0 at home to Lingfield, since then things have picked up but they still look poor at the back. Selsey had the best of the play and should have been 1-0 up at half time, as the hit the woodwork, had a shot cleard of the line and in the last minute of the half they missed a penalty. Second half saw Horsham YM come back into the game but after hitting the woodwork twice they saw Selsey score twice in the last 10 minutes, both goals were scored from outside the penalty area.

Note for anyone who might visit in the future the mobile burger bar was shut tonight, so anyone who turned up hungry stayed hungry, however hot and cold drinks were available in the clubhouse.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3