Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
british Olympic football team question

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 19, 2011, 3:57 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 18 (5695 views)
Shortcut
british Olympic football team question Can't Post or Reply Privately

simple are yo going to cheer for them yes or no, yes from me

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod

Dec 19, 2011, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 18 (5692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will cheer for all the English competitors in the Olympics.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

sjosta
First Team Regular

Dec 19, 2011, 6:10 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #3 of 18 (5666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

why?

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 19, 2011, 10:52 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #4 of 18 (5633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Because it is being held in England's capital (well most of it is)..
I don't recognise the 'Union' so let the sweaties have their independence,
bore da to the Taffs and as for Northern Ireland..it's near Manchester somewhere, no?

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

garethwrexy

Dec 20, 2011, 10:12 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #5 of 18 (5600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

maye hold a match in each british country ?????

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod

Dec 20, 2011, 11:14 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #6 of 18 (5591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
MENS. 1)Because it is being held in England's capital (well most of it is)..

6 games out of 32 in London !! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2)maye hold a match in each british country ?????
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5 in Cardiff and 3 in Glasgow !!!! Granted none in N.I.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

sandhurstbee

Dec 20, 2011, 1:30 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #7 of 18 (5564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Simple answer to Gareths question Yes I will be cheering on the British team at all events over anyone else.

What I cannot fathom out as far as the football is concerned why it has not all been played in the London area. Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham could easily have staged these games. Last time it was held in London 1948 they even had a game at Griffin Park! Tongue

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 20, 2011, 1:47 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 18 (5561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does your signature give a sneaky forecast of the score at Clymping on Dec 27th ?

PaulC

Dec 20, 2011, 3:54 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #9 of 18 (5543 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
bore da to the Taffs and as for Northern Ireland..it's near Manchester somewhere, no?

The majority of Scots don't want independence. Try to read something other than the Daily Mail or Telegraph.

Mind you, with little Englander comments like yours the Scots couldn't be blamed for wanting nothing to do with your country.

UKPunk

Dec 20, 2011, 8:56 PM

Post #10 of 18 (5505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The majority of Scots don't want independence. Try to read something other than the Daily Mail or Telegraph.

Mind you, with little Englander comments like yours the Scots couldn't be blamed for wanting nothing to do with your country.

Purely out of interest Paul, would you like Scotland to be independent and if not, why not?

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 20, 2011, 9:20 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #11 of 18 (5501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the majority of Scots don't want self rule (not too sure on that one, as I haven't
seen in any polls/referendum on said subject matter), then they must be aware that
without the Barnett Formula, income tax would go up by a third.
What actually is a 'little Englander' as opposed to a big or middle-sized one?
Has to be the Telegraph for me, good Sport, quality writing and great crossword (cryptic).
With Isaac's permission, that will be my last word on the subject as we will probably spend
the rest of the night, hurling abuse and claiming biggest willie rights....
The Team Leader (aka Phat Chops)

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

Isaac

Dec 20, 2011, 10:00 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #12 of 18 (5492 views)
Shortcut

Permission declined

PaulC

Dec 20, 2011, 10:08 PM

Post #13 of 18 (5487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Purely out of interest Paul, would you like Scotland to be independent and if not, why not?

Speaking personally, yes I would like to see Scotland independent. But I'm not a sweatie (sic), I just happen to live in Scotland

PaulC

Dec 20, 2011, 10:19 PM

Post #14 of 18 (5486 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If the majority of Scots don't want self rule (not too sure on that one, as I haven't
seen in any polls/referendum on said subject matter), then they must be aware that
without the Barnett Formula, income tax would go up by a third.

Hilarious!! Where do you get your information from? The Barnett formula is one half of the equation - spending. What you are oblivious to is the other side of the equation - revenue raised by Scotland.

For you information, Scotland with 8.4% of the UK population contributes 9.4% of all UK taxes and gets back 9.3% of all public spending. http://news.stv.tv/...le-says-new-figures/

In Reply To
What actually is a 'little Englander' as opposed to a big or middle-sized one?

A term used by David Cameron - "sour little englanders" to describe those ignorant of Scotland but who wanted Scotland out of the Union anyway.

In Reply To
Has to be the Telegraph for me, good Sport, quality writing

Drat. What i meant to write was "Daily Mail or Daily Telegraph". If you think the Telegraph produces quality writing in its articles about Scotland I'm not surprised at your lack of knowledge of the country.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 20, 2011, 11:31 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #15 of 18 (5475 views)
Shortcut

I thought rainjar had returned just for a fleeting moment

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 21, 2011, 1:36 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #16 of 18 (5463 views)
Shortcut

The Daily Telegraph doesn't exist as a newspaper, its the Daily Torygraph.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

jrev61

Dec 21, 2011, 7:10 PM

Team(s): None

Post #17 of 18 (5399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does your signature give a sneaky forecast of the score at Clymping on Dec 27th ?

It's disgusting that match fixing has affected non-league football in this country.
Instead of banning Suarez for 8 games for a minor disagreement the FA should be investigating this scandal.
SandhurstBee should be commended for bringing this to our attention.
By the way does anyone know a bookie that takes bets on Sussex Division 3 games?

jrev61

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Dec 23, 2011, 5:59 AM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #18 of 18 (5333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] british Olympic football team question [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staying on topic, I will support the British Team as I support every British Team in the Olympics

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3