Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
"I was leaving the pitch anyway"

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 4 (3092 views)
Shortcut
"I was leaving the pitch anyway" Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some of you are going to love this

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor ... cle/75367/

I have regularly seen substituted players in minor leagues removing their shirts before the substitution is completed, and never seen a card raised. Indeed, I thought the rule only applied to goal celebrations.

When I did my referee's course, some 35 years ago, I was told that Law 18 should be used to temper the 17 written laws. This advice can also be seen as a recipe for further inconsistency. One cannot put it all down to FIFA (or more accurately IFAB) - as they are forever reacting to TV and newspaper pundits. I remember the same pundits complaining when players took their shirts off (especially the idiot who could not manage to put it back on afterwards), as now complain when a player is booked for it.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 6, 2011, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #2 of 4 (2996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] "I was leaving the pitch anyway" [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good grief! The worst thing about it is...some pedantic referee is bound to have seen this, made a mental note of it, and will do the same at a ground near you soon...

If someone does then don't dare mention the Respect Campaign to me, if it's at a Dulwich Hamlet match!*

(* Though only if a Pink 'n' Blue shirt is involved!)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Isaac

Nov 8, 2011, 12:18 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #3 of 4 (2923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] "I was leaving the pitch anyway" [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought the rule only applied to goal celebrations? It was a Man Utd player (I can't remember who) that couldn't get his shirt back on again.

I was at a game recently and during a break in play a player removed his shirt, took off an under garment and put the shirt back on again, perhaps he should have been booked? Wink

(This post was edited by Isaac on Nov 8, 2011, 11:44 AM)

VP

Nov 8, 2011, 8:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] "I was leaving the pitch anyway" [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The law does only apply to goal celebrations so the ref was wrong.
There's also another FIFA decision that states players can't remove their shirts to reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising. The player wasn't guilty of that either.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3