A Valid Email Address

steve walker
Administrator

Oct 2, 2011, 8:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (10707 views)
Shortcut
A Valid Email Address Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm currently having what almost amounts to an argument with several forum users about the necessity for your profile to have a working email address.

To be honest, I have now had enough of devoting so much time to this subject. It is a requirement that every forum account has a valid, working email address. This is not seen by other forum users, it is purely for system generated messages. Where the email address is not valid it generates a bounce message. I get spam in my inbox just like you, I don't want it added to with these bounce messages.

Turning off system generated messages will prevent this however it doesn't get away from the principle that every forum account needs a validated email address. That is why you agree to validate your email address when you sign up as a forum member. That is why we get so little spam compared to some of the other forums that most of you probably frequent despite not moderating the signups and I am reluctant to start manually approving signups.

Please check your profile and ensure it has a valid real email address, I cannot think of any reason why this would be a problem. Any accounts that are unable or unwilling to provide a real email address will shortly be disabled.

Thanks

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 2, 2011, 10:48 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #2 of 3 (10682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] A Valid Email Address [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you are not willing to do the simple thing of providing a valid email address then simply find a forum where you don't need to!

Steve & the other admins must put untold hours totally voluntary in keeping this messagebaord fairly decent. If they ask for a valid email then that's simply what you should provide, accept it or don't participate, not create lengthy time consuming discussion with him...well that's what i think anyway! ;-)

Grounds visited: 741
Last new ground: Old Roan FC; John Roan Playing Fields; Kidrooke Park Road, London, SE3. (Bromley & South London Football Alliance Division One)
Last game: Wednesday 21st August 2019: Cray Wanderers 3, Margate 2. [Isthmian Leage Premier Division]
Matches watched this season: 22
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 3, 2011, 12:33 PM

Post #3 of 3 (10635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] A Valid Email Address [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ditto!

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2