Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
Bath City's Youth team are pants!

Fleetfan
Reserve Team Star

Sep 27, 2011, 2:56 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9700 views)
Shortcut
Bath City's Youth team are pants! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Five Bath youth team players plus the manager sent off during the FA Youth Cup tie with Newport County.All because of a colour clash between underwear & shorts.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/...ootball/15073916.stm

Two players even had to change on the sidelines in front of spectators.You really couldn't make this up!

Matches Attended 2019 -20 : 57
New Grounds 2019-20: 52

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 27, 2011, 3:00 PM

Post #2 of 5 (9697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fleetfan] Bath City's Youth team are pants! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Bath's white pants were visible below their black shorts."

Blimey, how short were the shorts!? Shocked

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 27, 2011, 11:33 PM

Post #3 of 5 (9661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Bath City's Youth team are pants! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I haven't got much sympathy with Bath I'm afraid. I see their manager is trying to blame the officials for not checking before the game. Typical attitude these days. Why doesn't the manager admit responsibility and take the blame for not making sure his players are wearing the right kit? The undergarment thing is a stupid law but everyone knows it so there's no excuse for wearing different colours. Amateurism IMO.

(This post was edited by VP on Sep 27, 2011, 11:36 PM)

Dynamo
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 28, 2011, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Shepshed

Post #4 of 5 (9635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Bath City's Youth team are pants! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As you say , it is the mnagers fault. If the manager of some tinpot ,park side ,division 12, under 9 team knows the rules then someone at Bath should definately know.

forestman
Youth Team Star

Oct 14, 2011, 5:29 AM

Post #5 of 5 (9287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dynamo] Bath City's Youth team are pants! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ive read the reports and as i see it no one was actually sent off for wearing the wrong kind of under garments. Two players were asked to change theirs and while they were off the pitch Newport scored. This lead to arguments from which the other players and manager were dismissed. I assume for either persistent dissent or foul and abusive language. If they'd kept their cool they may well have got back into the game so they've only themselves to blame.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3