Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup !

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 27, 2011, 4:31 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 6 (5284 views)
Shortcut
a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup ! Can't Post or Reply Privately

forward passes and try that clearly wasnt, and some people say footballers cheat like crazy Mad

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

cope1

Aug 27, 2011, 8:07 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not a Wigan fan then Gareth?

I don't think you can call them cheats for forward passing - it's down to the officials to stop the game for that.

Cheating in football, to my mind, is trying to convince the referee that something has happened when it hasn't. If someone is offside but doesn't get pulled up I wouldn't call that cheating.

For what it's worth I saw a couple of gorgeous lasses with Leeds tops on today so I was backing them ...

dottirofhod

Aug 28, 2011, 12:39 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 6 (5251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
forward passes and try that clearly wasnt, and some people say footballers cheat like crazy Mad

Watched it in the Alfreton clubhouse did you ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

cl
Youth Team Regular

Aug 28, 2011, 10:38 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5228 views)
Shortcut

Have to say this about the most stupid heading for a thread

I would accept, the forward pass rule, momentum etc is not one of Rugby League's clearest things. Players would not try and cheat by passing forward as they would expect to be penalised but sometimes they are not. As for the try, the video ref looked at this for a considerable period of time and having seen the decision a number of times I am still uncertain. I also doubt with the time remaining this affected the decision

A wrong decision in the game, possibly, but cheating no.

Let's compare with football, feigning injury, getting players booked, disputing throw ins and intimidating the ref are considered legitimate tactics and there is barely a game at any level without deliberate cheating.

Then we get to the clubs themselves and although RL is as bad as football, deliberate cheating is not paying tax, creditors etc. I know you will blame the owners but let's face it Wrexham's name is hadly a paragon of virtue.

garethwrexy

Aug 28, 2011, 11:36 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #5 of 6 (5222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

dint make alfreton away, had to work in morning !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

sandhurstbee

Sep 6, 2011, 1:33 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #6 of 6 (5062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cl] a bunch of cheats win the challenge cup ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Have to say this about the most stupid heading for a thread

I would accept, the forward pass rule, momentum etc is not one of Rugby League's clearest things. Players would not try and cheat by passing forward as they would expect to be penalised but sometimes they are not. As for the try, the video ref looked at this for a considerable period of time and having seen the decision a number of times I am still uncertain. I also doubt with the time remaining this affected the decision

A wrong decision in the game, possibly, but cheating no.

Let's compare with football, feigning injury, getting players booked, disputing throw ins and intimidating the ref are considered legitimate tactics and there is barely a game at any level without deliberate cheating. - But thats enough about United! Tongue

Then we get to the clubs themselves and although RL is as bad as football, deliberate cheating is not paying tax, creditors etc. I know you will blame the owners but let's face it Wrexham's name is hadly a paragon of virtue.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3