Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 26th july

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jul 28, 2011, 6:56 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #26 of 31 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adji] Tuesday 26th july [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackpool 2 Hibernian 0
Admission £10

Bearing in mind the SPL season has already started, it was a youthful Hibs side that were beaten very comfortably by Blackpool. A good following of 4-500 Hibs fans made the trip (some trips shorter than others when considering my own!) with Barry Ferguson cast as panto villain for Blackpool. With the away fans in the 'new' East Stand, I've now completed the dubious honour of sitting in every stand at the redeveloped Bloomfield Road. Game finished with going out for a few quiet beers after the game and not rolling in to the hotel at 5am. God love pre-season.

jimmyb
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 28, 2011, 10:43 PM

Team(s): Lochgelly Albert, Bath City, Odd Down

Post #27 of 31 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Tuesday 26th july [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

LOCHGELLY ALBERT 5 EASTVALE 1
PSF @ Gardiners Park, Lochgelly.
ADD= £1
PROGS= NONE
ATT= 30

Comfortable win for the berts against their Kingdom Amateur opponents. Albert played some good football in the 1st half and went in 4-0 up at the break (Eastvale missing a pen in last seconds). The 2nd half was poor from Lochgelly and it was Eastvale who were more likely to get goals in the last half hour or so. No red cards but the ref told a couple of players from each side to "leave the field" after actions that would have earned them red cards in a competitive game.

match pics
http://www.flickr.com/...157627288344662/show

seadogfan
Reserve Team Star

Jul 29, 2011, 1:56 PM

Team(s): Scarborough Athletic

Post #28 of 31 (1636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimmyb] Tuesday 26th july [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scarborough Athletic 1 Westella & Willerby 1
Pre Season Friendly
Attendance 142
Programme £1.00 (2 game issue with Saturday)

The seadogs first home game of the season at Queensgate on a very cold July evening.
Boro went into the game unbeaten in pre season and emerged unscathed of a fashion by their Central Midlands Opponents, who on this showing will have a good season. The Hull based club’s goalkeeper keeping them in the game on occasions.
Boro tried new things in the second half and personnel and it allowed Westella to equalise and share the spoils.

Chorley2002
First Team Star

Jul 29, 2011, 8:14 PM

Team(s): Ilford and Thorne Colliery.

Post #29 of 31 (1582 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 26th July. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barking 1 Romford 1
Pre-Season Friendly
Admission (Complimentary pass)
No programme

Thanks to a long wait for the bus I arrived about fifteen minutes late and by that time both goals had been scored. Although the person I asked the score after entering the ground is a well known waffle merchant and my simple question about wanting to know the score couldn't be answered in a two worded reply. No. I had to get a long winded run down of the goal build ups and just as I was about to turn away and walk off the answer I wanted was given.
From what I saw Barking were the better side and had enough chances to have won the game.

PROGRAMMES FOR SALE (LEAGUE AND NON LEAGUE). FOR LISTS PLEASE SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

(This post was edited by Chorley2002 on Jul 29, 2011, 8:26 PM)

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 30, 2011, 10:06 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #30 of 31 (1510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chorley2002] Tuesday 26th July. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF - Norton La, Whitchurch (nr Bristol)

Hengrove Athletic 0-0 Taunton Town

Admission: £2 - lad free

Attendance: h/c 60-70

Directions: just south of the very outskirts of Bristol on the A37 - bear left into Norton lane - follow narrow winding road past a cricket club (?) : the Football ground is immediately after the Churchill Garden Centre on the left.

Facilities: large clubhouse at entrance including skittle alley - hot food/drinks from Table in the corner - had half pint of Butcombe Ale - not normally an 'Ale' man but this was a bit thin and weedy - tasted Ok.
- plenty of parking on the adjacent playing fields.
- barriered fence surround two covered stands one with 60-70 seats

Match: lively first half with home side surprisingly dominating possession. Taunton woke up a bit 2nd half but both defences had the measure of the opponents strike forces.
Have since read on their website they'd sent a fairly understrength squad including a few triallists.

...this was the 2nd leg of our 'Escape from CenterParcs (Longleat) Holiday NL double' - so only had to dash back down the A37 through M'somer Norton/Radstock/Frome A362 - where we stopped briefly to get Fish & Chips (well - Pie & Fish Cake) arr back at Holiday Villa approx 22:20.

Warwickian
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 5, 2011, 12:46 PM

Post #31 of 31 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Tuesday 26th july [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yoker Athletic 1 Glasgow Perthshire 2

SJFA Sectional League Cup, Section 6
attn 59 admit £2 (dishevelled old gits ) no programme but good pies £1

A bracketed tick at a really atmospheric junior ground, right on the Clyde, tonight basking in the tropical Glasgow sunshine. Still felt the need for a pie, though, dispensed here from a really upmarket pie hut above the changing rooms.

This fixture was reversed due to 'unavailability' of Perthshire's ground, unable to ascertain what exaxctly that meant, although given its geographic location vandalism would be a reasonable suggestion. Played 24 hours before the rest of this midweek round of cup ties as Clydebank were at home.

Plenty of ground descriptions elsewhere, or check Jamie Wire's site for a photographic essay.

Also at this match for the start of my highland tour.Totally agree with ciderjon's comments.A cracking old ground with plenty of crumbling terracing and a decent enough game

Formerly known as Warwick Brake

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3