Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Friday 15th July 2011

adji
Reserve Team Star

Jul 15, 2011, 11:14 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #1 of 7 (3487 views)
Shortcut
Friday 15th July 2011 Can't Post or Reply Privately

my 2nd of the season

Pershore Town 1 Evesham United 5 - Admission 4 Programme- 50p (poor) Attendance id say about 120 majority from Evesham

Evesham managed to overcome a spirited Pershore side on a wet and dreary night in worcestershire. Evesham raced out of the blocks in this one taking the lead within 10 mins a one on one with the keeper and the player knocked it past him . A few minutes later it was 2-0 a cut it from the left hand side was knocked into the far right corner.
On half hour it was 3-0 with a penalty that was cheekily cheaped and caped off the bar and in.

Half time
Pershore.....0
Evesham.....3

The second half was a diffrent affair with pershore gettin a consolation on 55 mins with a penalty that was dispatched. Evesham found it hard to break down town after that but had a slice of luck when the substitute was brought down and the 3rd penalty of the game was knocked in.
Evesham completed their Five star performance with a beat the offside trap move and rounded the keeper before finishing into a empty net.

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 16, 2011, 10:42 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #2 of 7 (3380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adji] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sandhurst Town 0 Hampton & Richmond XI 2 - Admission 5, No Programme - An evenly fought contest looked to be heading for a Goal Less draw until Hamptons forward picked out the corner of the new 5 minutes from time with the Home keeper stranded. The 2nd came right on the final whistle when the Sandhurst keeper could only parry a shot away and it fell at the feet of the Hampton forward Six yards out to side foot home. Visitors to Bottom Meadow will be pleased to hear that the club has replaced the seats in the stand that was burnt out last season and it is now fully open.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

hills19
Youth Team Regular

Jul 16, 2011, 7:16 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Plymouth Argyle 2 - 3 Bristol City
Home Park - PSF Att. 1,978

My first game of 2011/12 was like last season, a Plymouth fixture but this time it was at home. Bristol City took the lead when a strike from the edge of the area hit the keepers right post before going in, Argyle were level when a right wing cross was headed in at the far post. Only a minute before half-time and Bristol City managed to take the lead into the dressing room with them after the keeper lost the ball after catching it and it was poked in.

Bristol City managed to extend their lead ten minutes into the second half with a finish from inside the area, Argyle pulled a goal back with a well taken finish from inside the area. Had this been a lead game I would have stayed to the finish but with it being pre-season I left within the last five-ten minutes so I could catch the earlier bus and not have to wait around for half an hour for the next one.

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Jul 17, 2011, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #4 of 7 (3156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hills19] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North Wales Times Shield Final (@ Rhewl)
Nantglyn 2 Llandyrnog 4
No admission/prog
Hot food and drinks on sale, burger 2.50, tea 50p, raffle 1 (and I won)
Att. appx. 300

Another high quality game that Dyrny deservedly won in the end. Their superior stamina and strength saw them through. Nant equalised early in the second half but quick goals gave Dyrny a 4-1 lead. Nant scored a late consolation. So Dyrny win the double and from what I have seen have certainly been the best of a number of decent sides. Well done to them.

A good crowd addded to a pleasant occasion once again at a regular venue for the final. The ground is enclosed and was roped off through wooden stakes. As always great views of The Clwydian Range, with numerous peaks in views. The rain made a brief appearance only. Tom enjoyed it too and said hi Cool.

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Jul 18, 2011, 8:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 7 (3056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Galway United v Sligo Rovers (0-8)
LOI Premier Division
Entry 12
Prog 3
Crowd 1,033 (half from Sligo)

The scoreline flattered Galway, it could have been a lot more. Ground has two seated stands and a small terrace behind one goal. Good atmosphere from the away fans, who had an array of inflatables including a shark.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

seadogfan
Reserve Team Star

Jul 18, 2011, 12:59 PM

Team(s): Scarborough Athletic

Post #6 of 7 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hitchin Town 2 Luton Town 4
Pre Season Friendly
Admission 9.00
Teamsheet Available
Attendance 835

A southern weekend in the company of German Seadog. A bonus Friday game and a new ground for me and what a treat this is, complete with wooden terracing, a large old ground and with plenty of character.

Hitchin started the game like an express train, probably on the back of the midweek draw with Stevenage and raced into a 2 goal lead.

Luton grew into the game and cheered on by the majority of the crowd the overpowered the home side to win this game.

A pleasant warm evening and the weekend underway.

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 18, 2011, 4:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 7 (2984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seadogfan] Friday 15th July 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ball Haye Green 1 Leek Town 4
Admission: 2 inc strip of raffle tickets; Programme: none (issue for league games); Opening goal draw: 1
Attendance: 230 (headcount)

Second visit to Ball Haye Green though the first in daylight.

A gem of a venue hidden to the north of Leek town centre behind terraced houses and Ball Haye Green WMC. Has covered standing and floodlights.

But BHG's future at the ground is a bit uncertain after they secured a short-term lease extension earlier in the year.

Leek scored twice in each half with Ball Haye Green netting after the break.

Enjoyable evening.

http://pitch-side-stories.blogspot.com/...-15th-july-2011.html

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3