Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Most Sports Venues Visited (Not Football)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Nov 27, 2019, 9:30 AM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #51 of 51 (131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Most Sports Venues Visited (Not Football) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
So the concrete terracing behind the east goal magically became part of a different stadium? Your logic is amazing.
Wikipedia is very good for finding out what is a new stadium and what is a rebuild. I don't know who decides these things but I have yet to find one example that I disagree with.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this because I find your logic similarly baffling. I wonder what Workington FC has to say? Being a sensible chap, he's probably only too happy to stay out of this one. I'm starting to lose the will to live myself. I can't imagine many Widnes rugby league fans regard Halton Stadium (aka Naughton Park Mk II) and Naughton Park as exactly the same ground. Same site, maybe, but definitely not the same ground.

Personally speaking, I'd consider it to be a 'rebuilt' ground in the manner of Easter Road, Tynecastle, Old Trafford, Anfield et al. Completely unrecognisable from previous versions, but essentially the same place.

That said, Widnes did vacate for a year to allow the initial rebuild so I wouldn't have any issue with people claiming it as two different stadiums if visiting on either side of that point (1998ish, Widnes sharing Canal Street with the original Runcorn FC, ironically enough given what happened in later years).

Each to their own, life is too short and all the rest.

(This post was edited by Leyther_Matt on Nov 27, 2019, 9:33 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3