Big Alex McLeish

sjosta
First Team Regular

Mar 2, 2011, 9:19 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #1 of 7 (1971 views)
Shortcut
Big Alex McLeish Can't Post or Reply Privately

Congrats to Big Eck. So next season will see him take his fourth different team into European competition. I think that may be a record, although without having done a great deal of research about it.
Motherwell
Hibs
The Currant Buns
and Brum

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

villahopper
First Team Star

Mar 3, 2011, 10:12 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #2 of 7 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] Big Alex McLeish [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Despite being a Villa fan I must admit I have a lot of time for McLeish. Don't particularly like the style of football he plays but he always comes across as a decent honest enough guy. A lot of Villa fans on VillaTalk seem to share that opinion

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 3, 2011, 3:20 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1884 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Congrats to Big Eck. So next season will see him take his fourth different team into European competition. I think that may be a record, although without having done a great deal of research about it.
Motherwell
Hibs
The Currant Buns
and Brum

Don't say you've forgotten The Special One already Wink.

McLeish, though, deserves great credit for taking three unfashionable clubs (and Motherwell) into Europe.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 3, 2011, 3:41 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #4 of 7 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Big Alex McLeish [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Alex certainly does come over as one of the more affable top flight managers.

sjosta
First Team Regular

Mar 4, 2011, 5:50 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #5 of 7 (1826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Big Alex McLeish [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Motherwell
Hibs
The Currant Buns
and Brum

Don't say you've forgotten The Special One already Wink.

McLeish, though, deserves great credit for taking three unfashionable clubs (and Motherwell) into Europe.

As I said without having done any research. The Speshul one of course has taken Porto, Seville, Chelsea and Hinter through. However he did inherit Real this season, but I suppose they're a shoo-in next season. Still, he's a record breaker in the UK, surely?

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 7, 2011, 1:53 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1720 views)
Shortcut

Roy Hodgson may well have done more than four - Malmo, Neuchatel, Internazionale and Fulham for sure. Was he at Blackburn until the end of the 97-98 season to take them into the UEFA Cup, and did he manage it while at the likes of FC Copenhagen, Grasshopper Club or Viking?

--
Richard

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Mar 10, 2011, 6:19 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] Big Alex McLeish [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
As I said without having done any research. The Speshul one of course has taken Porto, Seville, Chelsea and Hinter through. However he did inherit Real this season, but I suppose they're a shoo-in next season. Still, he's a record breaker in the UK, surely?

I must have dozed off during his spell down there Unsure. I think you may be getting Mourinho and Juande Ramos mixed up Smile

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3