INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Blackpool and undersoil heating.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 27, 2010, 12:23 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 19 (4719 views)
Shortcut
Blackpool and undersoil heating. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackpool have had three home games called off recently and they are not too bothered about it . They seem to think that the opposition may have weakened teams in midweek especially if they are also thinking about other commitments.
There has been mixed messages coming out of Bloomfield Road re the undersoil heating , Dec 10 -
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...is-on-the.6656323.jp
Then a response from Karl Oyston on Dec 21 -
http://miostadium.com/node/10773
I appreciate other games are being called off because of other causes and I know undersoil heating is not mandatory in the Premiership but should it be ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Dec 27, 2010, 12:26 AM)

Isaac

Dec 27, 2010, 1:00 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #2 of 19 (4705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely it should be compulsory in the Prem?

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Dec 27, 2010, 9:31 AM

Post #3 of 19 (4679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm surprised that under-soil heating is not mandatory in the Premiership. When I heard Blackpool didn't have it, I assumed they were operating under a period of grace to get it installed.

I would have thought the pressure would have come from the league to get matches played when they are scheduled to protect any possible television schedules and also the"integrity" of the competition so you don't get teams playing out of step, or as you note, possible grumbles about differences in team selection between the original and rescheduled dates.

I guess the flip side of the argument is the amount of money it means Championship clubs would have to spend before they could be promoted, potentially for one season. I don't know how many postponements it would take to recoup the costs.

And how would people feel if a team was denied a place in the Premiership for the want of under-soil heating, especially if we went on to have a mild winter that year.

acmold

Dec 27, 2010, 9:39 AM

Post #4 of 19 (4673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or

I thought all Premiership teams were meant to have it, but I'm sure you get a year or twos grace and to be fair to Blackpool I'm they did not really expect to be in the Premiership. I also thought at one stage all grounds in the top flights of Rugby (Watford, Wycombe and Reading would appear to have it - due to Rugby ?) were meant to have it, but they do not, likewise was it not at one point talked about in the Scottish Premier League as well.

But of late does having undersoil heating actually mean you can play games, burts pipes, roofs falling, health & safety issues have all seen grounds with undersoil heating have postponements.

Do Huddersfield have it, they played yesterday. And going back to the Premiership Charlton who were in for a few seasons it until a few years don't seem to have it.

PaulC

Dec 27, 2010, 9:54 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #5 of 19 (4670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
likewise was it not at one point talked about in the Scottish Premier League as well.

It's compulsory in the SPL.

sjosta
First Team Regular

Dec 27, 2010, 11:07 AM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #6 of 19 (4657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I reckon it could be because the Management of Blackpool consider that the climate on the Fylde coast is so mild, that the outlay for undersoil heating is not worth the effort. The Fylde does have its own wee micro climate; it can be snowing in St.Annes, where I live, when I set out for work at Warton 6 miles away, where it's not.
They should be forced to come into line however.

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

jrev61

Dec 27, 2010, 11:45 AM

Team(s): None

Post #7 of 19 (4651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I thought all Premiership teams were meant to have it, but I'm sure you get a year or twos grace and to be fair to Blackpool I'm they did not really expect to be in the Premiership. I also thought at one stage all grounds in the top flights of Rugby (Watford, Wycombe and Reading would appear to have it - due to Rugby ?) were meant to have it, but they do not, likewise was it not at one point talked about in the Scottish Premier League as well.

But of late does having undersoil heating actually mean you can play games, burts pipes, roofs falling, health & safety issues have all seen grounds with undersoil heating have postponements.

Do Huddersfield have it, they played yesterday. And going back to the Premiership Charlton who were in for a few seasons it until a few years don't seem to have it.

I think Huddersfield Town have had undersoil heating for a while, possibly since the ground opened.

jrev61

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 27, 2010, 5:54 PM

Post #8 of 19 (4602 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
... I know undersoil heating is not mandatory in the Premiership but should it be ?

The Premier League Rules state -

27. Each Club shall provide and maintain at its registered ground an undersoil heating system or some other adequate system of pitch protection to the reasonable satisfaction of the Board which shall be operated to the extent necessary to procure, so far as is reasonably possible, that the pitch is playable on the occasion of each home League Match.

I seem to remember reading that undersoil wasn't insisted upon because of the situation at Middlesbrough where such heating was likely to set off a chemical reaction as the ground is built on a contaminated site !!

It would appear that Blackpool do not have an 'adequate system of pitch protection' but I could not find out whether promoted clubs have a period of grace and, if they do, how long it is. Again, though, I seem to remember that Fulham were allowed to have standing areas for a couple of seasons after they were promoted.

dottirofhod

Dec 27, 2010, 6:31 PM

Post #9 of 19 (4587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mick in the first link in first post Blackpool seem to think they have covers to Premiership standard. They are not adequate but within rules, so they do not require undersoil heating.
A hack writing for the Express suggests they were given 12 months , I think this is bull because Oyston has vetoed any plans for heating (allegedly).
The league should indeed amend Rule 27 from the Ground Criteria section . If not they should better their criteria for Premiership covers which are obviously useless.

FROZEN PITCH HAS BLACKPOOL IN HOT WATER

Monday December 27,2010 By Matthew Dunn

BLACKPOOL are in double trouble with the Premier League after their third successive home fixture – this time against Liverpool – was cancelled due to a frozen pitch .

The club were given 12 months to install undersoil heating at Bloomfield Road after their late promotion via the play-offs at the end of May.
However, Premier League rules dictate that members have to have undersoil heating or “some other adequate system of pitch protection to the reasonable satisfaction of the board”.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Dec 27, 2010, 6:32 PM)

villahopper
First Team Star

Dec 27, 2010, 6:47 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #10 of 19 (4575 views)
Shortcut

I can see a way out of this for Blackpool. Simply find some way of getting all the hot air spouted by Mr Holloway onto the pitch surface. Hey Presto. Playable pitch

dottirofhod

Dec 27, 2010, 6:53 PM

Post #11 of 19 (4571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Must be good though to have a manager with a bit of passion .

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 27, 2010, 6:53 PM

Post #12 of 19 (4570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I can see a way out of this for Blackpool. Simply find some way of getting all the hot air spouted by Mr Holloway onto the pitch surface. Hey Presto. Playable pitch

Like it Smile - get it patented quickly !

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 27, 2010, 6:55 PM

Post #13 of 19 (4568 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Definitely, but I would also like them to talk sense as well.

dottirofhod

Dec 27, 2010, 6:56 PM

Post #14 of 19 (4564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Our (Crewe) manager has neither !

villahopper
First Team Star

Dec 27, 2010, 6:57 PM

Post #15 of 19 (4561 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Unfortunately ours does neither !!

dottirofhod

Dec 27, 2010, 6:59 PM

Post #16 of 19 (4557 views)
Shortcut

Bit slow as well ? Like the fans .

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Dec 27, 2010, 6:59 PM)

villahopper
First Team Star

Dec 27, 2010, 7:01 PM

Post #17 of 19 (4552 views)
Shortcut

Passion is over-rated

KnowYourMarket

Dec 28, 2010, 9:48 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #18 of 19 (4500 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Passion is over-rated

I can tell you're married nowLaugh

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

sjosta
First Team Regular

Dec 29, 2010, 2:33 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #19 of 19 (4388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Blackpool and undersoil heating. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

coming back on the bus last night, it was revealed that they are going ahead with U-s heating (from admittedly an unattributed source)

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3