baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 2, 2010, 8:33 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 26 (7824 views)
Shortcut
Here We Go Again ! Can't Post or

Same old same old.

England players spouting the same old stuff such as "we owe the fans" and "we will make it right ",Cappelo gives it the big un whilst trying to remain blameless.

No doubt England will win their group in a canter with the masses claiming "we can win it" backed up by players and pundits alike.

Sad fact is we have only ever won one trophy which was 44 years ago and the wait will probably go on and on.

After the dismal world cup the FA should have used a clean broom and sacked the entire backroom staff ! The new gaffer should have gone for youngsters ditching the so called big names who fail time and time again,Ditch the fancy formations and stick with 442 and attack the oppo in numbers.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 2, 2010, 9:53 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 26 (7816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baggy pants] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is it out of your system now ?
You will be hoping we do well wont you ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

villahopper
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #3 of 26 (7788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Or we could just have found our level. Qualify with relative ease then fail miserably when the standard of opposition gets stronger.
Why do we think we have to do better when history shows otherwise

UKPunk

Sep 2, 2010, 11:47 PM

Post #4 of 26 (7728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And as for sacking Capello, it doesn't make any difference who the manager is or what tactics/formation he plays if the players can't pass the ball to someone wearing the same coloured shirt.

I thought we were attacking the Germans in numbers when we got caught short of players at the back and they scored.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Sep 3, 2010, 1:23 AM

Post #5 of 26 (7712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

Very true, and no team has won the World Cup playing an orthodox 442 system so why anyone would expect England to do so is beyond me.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 3, 2010, 8:15 AM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 26 (7700 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
And as for sacking Capello, it doesn't make any difference who the manager is or what tactics/formation he plays if the players can't pass the ball to someone wearing the same coloured shirt.

I thought we were attacking the Germans in numbers when we got caught short of players at the back and they scored.

We conceded simply because our centre backs had no pace and played far too high up the pitch,In addition Upson will never be an international player.

For Cappelo to select Heskey was insanity of the highest order,The buck stops with this guy and sadly the old farts at the FA decided to give him a crazy long term well paid contract and it was too costly to unload him.

Englands performances were not up too standard and whilst I thought we would not win the thing I did expect decent showing and progress to the last 8 at least.

Most of the guys playing tonight FAILED in the world cup and do not deserve to be selected.

In 2 years time we will all be debating another woeful tournament by our players.

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 3, 2010, 8:31 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 26 (7696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tivvy_Al] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Very true, and no team has won the World Cup playing an orthodox 442 system so why anyone would expect England to do so is beyond me.

By playing 2 up top at all times the opponent are forced to keep 3/4/5 defenders back ,Playing any system with only 1 forward will allow the oppo to bomb forward in greater numbers.

We fail time and time again because IMO we are scared of being beaten and choose tactics which makes it diffulcult to lose.

How many times did England put the ball into the box and the lone forward was vastly outnumbered,At this level no team can expect success without scoring,Many fans would have prefered England to go out playing decent attacking football and if we lose by playing that type of football so be it,Instead we looked like frightened rabbits in the headlights by playing either long ball or going square.

When you see the likes of Pearce fannying with his notepad explaining for an eternity to players their role its crazy.

jon b
First Team Star

Sep 3, 2010, 1:04 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #8 of 26 (7660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baggy pants] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Formations, tactics and Managers all play a part, but if you don't have many top quality players to start with.........

UKPunk

Sep 4, 2010, 12:11 AM

Post #9 of 26 (7578 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

By playing 2 up top at all times the opponent are forced to keep 3/4/5 defenders back ,Playing any system with only 1 forward will allow the oppo to bomb forward in greater numbers.

By playing with 4 in midfield we are more often than not outnumbered in midfield because the better teams play with 5. That means we struggle to get possession and when we have it we soon lose it again.

We fail time and time again because IMO we are scared of being beaten and choose tactics which makes it diffulcult to lose.

How many times did England put the ball into the box and the lone forward was vastly outnumbered,

The reason that system works with other teams is their players understand the necessity of being fluid in terms of changing position and getting forward to support the lone striker. I suspect the hard fact is that our players are brought up with such a rigid system throughout their formative years that they can't adapt at the highest level later on in their careers. It needs to start with kids but how many clubs do you know of that a) have a qualified coach and b) teach kids how to play in different systems rather than 4-4-2? Go to Any kids match and the likelyhood is that you'll mostly hear phrases like 'get your foot in' and 'get the ball forward'. There's very little emphasis on keeping possession and changing position. Under these circunstances is it any wonder that we struggle at the highest level?

At this level no team can expect success without scoring,Many fans would have prefered England to go out playing decent attacking football and if we lose by playing that type of football so be it,Instead we looked like frightened rabbits in the headlights by playing either long ball or going square.

Agreed.

When you see the likes of Pearce fannying with his notepad explaining for an eternity to players their role its crazy.

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 4, 2010, 8:32 AM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 26 (7553 views)
Shortcut

Spain have superior midfielders which allows them to dictate games at will,In addition these guys could play in any formation and still do the business !

Last night against Bulgaria we played 442 and steamrolled them,Fair enough the bulgarians were championship level at best but england took them apart by constantly keeping the ball in the final third thus allowing our midfield to move up the pitch,The likes of Spain/Germany/Holland beat us by movement,We need to attack these teams and have no fear.

I phoned wembley stadium to buy 5 tickets for last nights game,The response was they only had 50/60 seats available and the cheaper 30 seats may become available on the gate !,Me and the mrs decided not to buy whilst my kids decided to travel and take a chance in buying the cheaper tickets,They arrived at wembley and purchased 30 seats and were informed there were indeed unsold thousands of the cheaper tickets ! Seems as though wembley/FA were trying to unload the expensive seats first.

Wonder how many more fans tried to buy on the phone but were deterred because of the higher price .

Bad form indeed.

UKPunk

Sep 5, 2010, 12:04 AM

Post #11 of 26 (7483 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Wonder how many more fans tried to buy on the phone but were deterred because of the higher price .

Bad form indeed.

And idiotic business sense!

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 5, 2010, 12:17 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #12 of 26 (7481 views)
Shortcut

Oh come on this is an organisation that is not renowned for COMMON sense does anyone expect them to have BUSINESS sense.

They want money, money, money the greedy arses that let our national stadium rebuild take 7 years at 3x the cost of what it should have been!

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 5, 2010, 8:25 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 26 (7452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

The FA are indeed fools,Offering only the expensive seats via the phone is business madness.

After the dross we witnessed during the world cup its beyond belief they were actually trying to sell seats for 50/60 !

villahopper
First Team Star

Sep 5, 2010, 8:40 AM

Post #14 of 26 (7449 views)
Shortcut

Wembley are not the only people to throw money away.
Last season me along with KYM Buncranaboy and Bluenose Paul were wandering around Sussex looking for a game following an aborted attempt to get to Belgium. We noticed Brighton were at home so phoned them to sort out the tickets and were told we couldnt buy them even though they were available as we were not on the database !!
So nearly 100 lost to Brighton. Madness

(This post was edited by villahopper on Sep 5, 2010, 10:36 AM)

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 5, 2010, 10:34 AM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 26 (7435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

If Wembley/FA had annouced ALL tickets were priced at 10 under 16s and 30 for adults in ALL areas of the stadium I think the stadium would have sold out.

I was on a 100 spending budget,2 x 30 seats/parking/food and drink would have all been covered,Yet these idiots running the game just want to fleece fans to watch in all honesty an inferior product.

villahopper
First Team Star

Sep 5, 2010, 10:37 AM

Post #16 of 26 (7431 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If Wembley/FA had annouced ALL tickets were priced at 10 under 16s and 30 for adults in ALL areas of the stadium I think the stadium would have sold out.

I was on a 100 spending budget,2 x 30 seats/parking/food and drink would have all been covered,Yet these idiots running the game just want to fleece fans to watch in all honesty an inferior product.

Inferior to what ?

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 5, 2010, 10:44 AM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 26 (7428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Inferior to what ?

The better football nations !

Lets be honest the FA have cocked up time and time again without giving anything back to loyal england fans,I hasten to add I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE LOYAL PAYING TOP DOLLAR FANS,The bulgarians were a poor outfit and any fan who paid more than 30 to watch the game were imo ripped off.

The constant kit change is designed for one thing and thats making money.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 8, 2010, 7:33 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #18 of 26 (7132 views)
Shortcut

It's all gone very quiet on this thread today. It seems that many England fans are only happy when having something to moan about. Two good wins; should justify the top seeding in the group and qualify with a game or two to spare.

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 8, 2010, 8:44 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #19 of 26 (7123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Worse than that - although I did not watch the whole match on the TV, then I did look at it for a short while, England were showing Switzerland the way to play. Possession football, short passes, no hit and hope. Its a good job it won't last or there will be nothing to moan aboutBlush

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

baggy pants
Deleted

Sep 12, 2010, 7:34 AM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 26 (6816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
It's all gone very quiet on this thread today. It seems that many England fans are only happy when having something to moan about. Two good wins; should justify the top seeding in the group and qualify with a game or two to spare.

England are bully boys during the qualifying stages THEN become a laughing stock when the big hitters join in the fun !

Englands record in tounraments is frankly appalling,Since Sir Alf only Sir Bobby has gave us pride in the team.

30 years of hurt said the song,Now standing at 44 years of hurt and counting.

Mishi

Sep 12, 2010, 10:06 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #21 of 26 (6806 views)
Shortcut

Pride? Yep..I remember the European Championships in 1988 well.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Thursday 19th September 2019: Fire United Christian 0, Newbury Forest 5. [Eastern Counties League Cup first round]
Matches watched this season: 44
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

dottirofhod

Sep 12, 2010, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #22 of 26 (6803 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

So many jokes , so many jeers , never stopped me dreaming .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 12, 2010, 11:33 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #23 of 26 (6722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or

One of the best songs ever, without doubt!

Isaac

Sep 15, 2010, 12:36 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #24 of 26 (6503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brighton and madness! They can't fill Withdean let alone Falmer!

In Reply To
Wembley are not the only people to throw money away.
Last season me along with KYM Buncranaboy and Bluenose Paul were wandering around Sussex looking for a game following an aborted attempt to get to Belgium. We noticed Brighton were at home so phoned them to sort out the tickets and were told we couldnt buy them even though they were available as we were not on the database !!
So nearly 100 lost to Brighton. Madness

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 12, 2010, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #25 of 26 (5758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Here We Go Again ! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

So many jokes , so many jeers , never stopped me dreaming .

Anyone else noticed how much better England's performances have been since Baggy Pants cleared off?! Sly

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3