INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Quickest injuries to players?

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 4, 2010, 10:22 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #1 of 7 (2302 views)
Shortcut
Quickest injuries to players? Can't Post or

I saw a Chapel Town striker go down with a sprained ankle within five SECONDS of Chapel Town v New Mills kicking off in the High Peak Cup, he was substituted after 2 minutes as well.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 4, 2010, 10:32 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 7 (2297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Many been injured in pre match warm ups . But as to starting a game a 2 min sub for injury is quick .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 67 / 57 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 16 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 4, 2010, 11:49 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Oxford United signed Mike Ford from Cardiff in the summer of 1988, before starting pre-season training he got married and went on his honeymoon. While on honeymoon he injured his back, he did not make his debut of Oxford for 5 or 6 months.

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Aug 4, 2010, 5:47 PM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #4 of 7 (2259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can personally contribute to this thread being a recent victim of a Grade 3 Sprained ankle with an Achilles tendon rupture. I only lasted 5 minutes on the pitch, it was the first preseason friendly and for the occasion I was given the captain armband. Unsure

I would not wish to anybody who loves playing footie as much as I do such a nasty injury.

Over the top
First Team Sub

Aug 12, 2010, 5:18 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Oxford United signed Mike Ford from Cardiff in the summer of 1988, before starting pre-season training he got married and went on his honeymoon. While on honeymoon he injured his back, he did not make his debut of Oxford for 5 or 6 months.

Word Is he jumped off of the wardrobe!!!

Rob North
First Team Star

Aug 14, 2010, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #6 of 7 (2098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Perhaps not the quickest injury but notable nevertheless:

In the late-90s at Didcot, just before they moved to Loop Meadow, they had a home midweek game. I think it was against Abingdon United, but memory is slightly fuzzy. Anyway, Dwayne Strong came on as a substitute and within thirty seconds he had the ball, raced in on goal and chipped past the onrushing keeper. The ball went in the net for a goal but Strong was caught by the goalkeeper and was immediately substituted.

Moorsider
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2010, 9:20 PM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #7 of 7 (1910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Quickest injuries to players? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 13th July - Eccleshill Utd v Thackley in a pre season friendly.

The game had barely kicked off (about 45 seconds according to the ref) when there was a serious injury to Thackley's Shaun Airey who seemed to dislocate his kneecap as he fell after a 50/50 challenge. The game was delayed by over 50 minutes as he lay near the centre circle awaiting the ambulance which duly arrived after some 25 minutes. A further 15-20 minutes passed before he was loaded into the back of the vehicle and another 10 before the ambulance left.

A genuine supporter of NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL

Games seen this season 169 (Last Season 186)
Last game Bardsey v Boroughbridge
(West Yorks League Cup @ Knaresboro)
Result 5 - 1
Grounds visited 93 (Last Season 83)
New grounds this season 28
Last new ground - Sunderland WE, South Hylton
Goals Seen 624 (Last Season 672)
Red Cards 21 (Last Season 39)
Miles travelled 12710.9 (Last Season 13987.5)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3