Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
wetherspoon pubs

First page Previous page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 Next page Last page  View All

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 1, 2018, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4451 of 4462 (5479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Even a 72 year got a drop of bail.Laugh

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 10, 2018, 7:00 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #4452 of 4462 (5222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some outstanding beers on at the Coronation Hall, Surbiton, today.
Tillingbourne, The Source
Surrey Hills, Albury Ruby.
In excellent condition.
A great Wetherspoons Smile

626 GROUNDS - Cadbury Athletic(57/92)
576 WETHERSPOONS - Biggleswade
1 WETHERSPOONS HOTEL

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Nov 14, 2018, 10:01 AM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #4453 of 4462 (5092 views)
Shortcut
Re: wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Undoubtedly been asked before (probably by myself) but is there a definitive list of JDW branches - past and present - online anywhere?

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 14, 2018, 5:51 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #4454 of 4462 (5015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Undoubtedly been asked before (probably by myself) but is there a definitive list of JDW branches - past and present - online anywhere?

This is the closest I can find

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html

I was in the Red Lion & Pineapple in Acton yesterday. Atmosphere was a bit sterile but the service was good and the breakfast edible.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

rambler77
First Team Star

Nov 14, 2018, 6:15 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #4455 of 4462 (5010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only been in one recently, The Arthur Robertson in Perry Barr, Birmingham. Service was fine and the food as per usual, though the only JDW outlet I have been in where stolen goods were being openly sold on the premises. In this case large jars of Nescafe Gold Blend Coffee.

The seller sold out and went back to get some more stock from, presumably one of the shops at the One Stop Shopping Centre.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Nov 14, 2018, 10:44 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #4456 of 4462 (4975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is the closest I can find

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ccaajpa/pubs-spoons.html

I was in the Red Lion & Pineapple in Acton yesterday. Atmosphere was a bit sterile but the service was good and the breakfast edible.

Thatíll do for me, time to finally get round to compiling my list!

coops
First Team Sub

Nov 15, 2018, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #4457 of 4462 (4910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Only been in one recently, The Arthur Robertson in Perry Barr, Birmingham. Service was fine and the food as per usual, though the only JDW outlet I have been in where stolen goods were being openly sold on the premises. In this case large jars of Nescafe Gold Blend Coffee.

The seller sold out and went back to get some more stock from, presumably one of the shops at the One Stop Shopping Centre.

Ha! That could be the same person who was offering me the same in The Billiard Hall in West Bromwich for the bargain price of two quid a jar "or you can have the nine I've got here for twenty quid"!!

kirby knitters

Nov 17, 2018, 11:04 PM

Post #4458 of 4462 (4799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Did The Barrel Vault open as planned at St Pancras station yesterday?

It's open, doesn't look anything special. Unimpressed

Did it tonight mate with Mrs KK! First time she has done a spoons for 10 years and she/we will not be rushing back! Dreadful service, and as for the terrace!Frown. £4.20 a Fosters not that bad i suppose considering rent which must be astrinomical at LSP. I also had a quicky at Sir John Hawkshaw on Cannon St (revisit) decent enough and no rubbish of any sort on site.Sly

(This post was edited by kirby knitters on Nov 17, 2018, 11:29 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 22, 2018, 12:10 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #4459 of 4462 (4608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You didn't think that first line out too well did you.....Shocked

Went in the Shakespeare's Head last Monday at Holborn - it was alright I suppose.

#norioja

Mad

Play-off programmes wanted: 2004 Basingstoke v Lewes. 2005 Droylsden v Kettering, Maldon v Barking, Maldon v Uxbridge. 2006 Brackley v Marlow, Kendal v Stocksbridge. 2007 Paulton v Taunton, Tooting v Hastings. 2008 Didcot v Oxford City, Tooting v Worthing, Sheffield v Stocksbridge. 2009 East Thurrock v Concord, Ilkeston v Kendal, Nantwich v Guiseley, Stocksbridge v Carlton. 2014 Tiverton v Paulton. 2015 Darlington v Bamber Bridge.

FA Vase semis wanted: 1978 Barton v Hungerford. 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

FA Trophy programmes wanted: 1969-70 Any round from first season. Have many but plenty of gaps still to fill.

kirby knitters

Dec 8, 2018, 6:48 PM

Post #4460 of 4462 (3013 views)
Shortcut

The Baron in Hinckley will be no more after next September with the lease running out. The place is a right earner so hopefully another establishment will be found in this beautiful historial Leics town.Cool

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Dec 9, 2018, 11:04 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #4461 of 4462 (2839 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Did The Barrel Vault open as planned at St Pancras station yesterday?

It's open, doesn't look anything special. Unimpressed

Did it tonight mate with Mrs KK! First time she has done a spoons for 10 years and she/we will not be rushing back! Dreadful service, and as for the terrace!Frown. £4.20 a Fosters not that bad i suppose considering rent which must be astrinomical at LSP. I also had a quicky at Sir John Hawkshaw on Cannon St (revisit) decent enough and no rubbish of any sort on site.Sly
-------------------------------
I went to the Barrel Vault on Friday on my way to the Pigs Ear beer festival in Hackney. Seven guest beers on, mostly London breweries such as ELB, Twickenham and Truman. Beer in good nick and £3.55 a pint.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Dec 16, 2018, 11:25 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #4462 of 4462 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] wetherspoon pubs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have no idea (in fact, I hate to imagine) what it might exhibit, but Wetherspoons are planning to open a museum dedicated to the company as well as a hotel on the site of the Moon Under Water in Wolverhampton.

https://www.expressandstar.com/...mpton-in-7m-project/

First page Previous page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3