Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
biggest flops that your team has signed

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 25, 2010, 6:03 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 40 (6656 views)
Shortcut
biggest flops that your team has signed Can't Post or Reply Privately

for wrexham ian rush real fuss made when wrexham signed him, that a legend had come home, yeah right ! played 18 games and only ended up scoring 1 goal for the reserve team, whole thing was a publicity stunt done by then chairman price griffiths at the time.

dulwich hamlet scot Edgar signed from some scottish 3rd league club that i cant remember, people said he could score 25 goals a season and only scored 2 !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

(This post was edited by garethwrexy on Jun 25, 2010, 8:40 PM)

Richard Rundle

Jun 25, 2010, 6:08 PM

Post #2 of 40 (6654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
for wrexham ian rush real fuss made when wrexham signed him, that a legend had come home, yeah right ! played 18 games and only ended up scoring 1 goal for the reserve team, whole thing was a publicity stunt done by then chairman price griffiths at the time.

dulwich hamlet scot Edgar signed from some scottish 3rd league club that i cant remember, people said he could score 25 goals a season and only scored 2 !

What on earth is a "flog"?

--
Richard

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2010, 6:29 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #3 of 40 (6643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

--
Richard

Its a French player that turns out to be rubbish
(A cross between a frog and a flop)

(This post was edited by villahopper on Jun 25, 2010, 8:34 PM)

dottirofhod

Jun 25, 2010, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 40 (6642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

--
Richard

Used to pay decent money for a good flog .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Mishi

Jun 25, 2010, 7:52 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #5 of 40 (6626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And what is a 'Frech' player?

Of course you could interpret the 'biggest flog' that your team has signed as the player you've signed, then made the most profit when you've flogged him on elsewhere...

For that, with the sell-on clause it would surely have to be Les Ferdinand, & the money Hayes made from his transfer, having signed him from Southall, I think it was.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2010, 8:36 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #6 of 40 (6610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And what is a 'Frech' player?

Of course you could interpret the 'biggest flog' that your team has signed as the player you've signed, then made the most profit when you've flogged him on elsewhere...

For that, with the sell-on clause it would surely have to be Les Ferdinand, & the money Hayes made from his transfer, having signed him from Southall, I think it was.

Pedant alert Pedant alert. A Frech player is a French player typed on a small keyboard on a phone. Sheeesh

Mishi

Jun 26, 2010, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #7 of 40 (6557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Actually I couldn't care less about typos. I often make them. I can spell, it's my typing that lets me down, I merely pointed it out before others did! ;-)

Gareth makes lots of grammatical errors, but has a broad back to take the criticism that goes with it. Fair play to him for continuing to try to post & enjoying this forum.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

garethwrexy

Jun 27, 2010, 12:32 PM

Post #8 of 40 (6499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

who is the biggest flop in your view that dulwich signed mishi ?

dottirofhod

Jun 27, 2010, 1:01 PM

Post #9 of 40 (6492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
who is the biggest flop in your view that dulwich signed mishi ?

Ah flops , size 12 at Crewe .
Queue the person on your shoulder , must be so embarrassing Gareth ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

garethwrexy

Jun 28, 2010, 5:13 PM

Post #10 of 40 (6421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

look here i am getting just a bit fed up with the snide remarks you seem to make on the threads that i post know put up or shut up Mad

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Jun 29, 2010, 12:02 AM)

dottirofhod

Aug 4, 2010, 9:27 AM

Post #11 of 40 (6206 views)
Shortcut

O.K. put up then.

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Aug 4, 2010, 9:35 AM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #12 of 40 (6204 views)
Shortcut

to get back on track; for Wolves in recent times-Stefan Maierhoffer (probably spelt wrong) £1.8 million for one first team start and one goal as sub against Blackburn; a training ground bust-up with Sylvan EB (won by SEB) probably hastened his departure on a seasons loan to Duisburg (prorbably spelt wrong)-good riddance!!!

KnowYourMarket

Aug 4, 2010, 9:34 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #13 of 40 (6165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was he fighting Ebanks-Blake over being the biggest flop of the year? Maybe it serves McCarthy right for signing him (Maierhofer) on the basis of one good game against Aston Villa? Will Ebanks-Blake be loaned out too?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

KnowYourMarket

Aug 4, 2010, 9:35 PM

Post #14 of 40 (6163 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

--
Richard

It's what Black Country folk put on the end of a flog pole

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

sandhurstbee

Aug 4, 2010, 10:27 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #15 of 40 (6148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brentfords most disappointing Flop has to be Ex Gooner Paul Davis who seemed to put little effort into the few games he played for us after a distinguished career at Arsenal. In the end he was going through the motions for the Reserves in the Capital League and we ended up paying a considerable amount to pay him off. Mad

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Steelback
First Team Star

Aug 5, 2010, 10:57 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #16 of 40 (6064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a Chelsea fan of many years I can honestly say Shaun Wright-Phillips is the worst player EVER to be paid to play football, the guy was simply awful & makes people like Lee Carsley etc look real talents, how this clown is paid £1000's each week is beyond me let alone have England caps. He is the only player I have ever actually booed whilst watching Chelsea & we had guys like Furlong, Fleck, Jokanovic, Ambrosetti & Phelan to 'appreciate' over the years

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

UKPunk

Aug 5, 2010, 11:38 PM

Post #17 of 40 (6059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For Spurs Ian Moores gets my vote. But then there have been so many to choose from. Unsure

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

mr creosote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2010, 5:37 PM

Team(s): Grays Athletic, Haverhill Rovers

Post #18 of 40 (6022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ashley Sestanovich Mad

slough_womble
Youth Team Regular

Aug 9, 2010, 7:01 PM

Team(s): AFC Wimbledon, Burnham

Post #19 of 40 (5909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] biggest flops that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well had to think about this one after all Wimbledon FC used to buy bargains and sell them for a massive profit but there were a couple of duffs that I can remember:-

Greg Berry was a signing from Leyton Orient money plus a player exchange (Vaughan Ryan)
Gary Blissett went to a tribunal and Brentford said we got him on cheap!! Never made the same impact Dean Holdsworth made.
Martin Andersen was meant to be Norway's David Beckham according to Egil Olsen!!

womble till I die!!!!!!!!!!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 10, 2010, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #20 of 40 (5864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
to get back on track; for Wolves in recent times-Stefan Maierhoffer (probably spelt wrong) £1.8 million for one first team start and one goal as sub against Blackburn; a training ground bust-up with Sylvan EB (won by SEB) probably hastened his departure on a seasons loan to Duisburg (prorbably spelt wrong)-good riddance!!!

Have you forgotten "the missing piece in the jigsaw" already ? Tongue

Frankowski, my dear, I couldn't give a damn.

Over the top
First Team Sub

Aug 12, 2010, 5:25 PM

Post #21 of 40 (5790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At Oxford United Steve Anthrobus. Frightening wages and 3 goals in 2 years. Departed for TNS where in 2 years he improved his strike rate... to 4 goals.

Tim

Aug 12, 2010, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #22 of 40 (5777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Do any of our older readers remember Geoff Hurst's short stay at West Bromwich Albion? Unfortunately, I still do....

KnowYourMarket

Aug 12, 2010, 10:21 PM

Post #23 of 40 (5753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Andy Townsend was a success at the Albion, bit like his broadcasting career....

Stewart Evans was the worst player to don an Albion shirt IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Evans

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 12, 2010, 11:14 PM

Post #24 of 40 (5743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Stewart Evans was the worst player to don an Albion shirt IMO

Wouldn't argue too much with that, but Paul Williams had a good go. Once, during the 1991/2 season, I was unusually (because the other half had decided to come along) sat in the Halfords Lane and witnessed, at close up, the look of absolute horror on his face when someone passed the ball to him when a defender was closing him down - this in the old Third Division remember.

The missus never witnessed the great Mr Evans, but when,after reading your post, I asked if she remembered Williams the unprompted response was 'he was absolutely useless'.

In Reply To Tim
Do any of our older readers remember Geoff Hurst's short stay at West Bromwich Albion? Unfortunately, I still do....

Yes, ... definitely unfortunately

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Aug 13, 2010, 7:12 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 13, 2010, 12:40 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #25 of 40 (5705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] biggest flogs that your team has signed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Martin Allen.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3