Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
england world cup squad

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Jun 3, 2010, 11:27 PM

Post #26 of 47 (2220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes definitely, and yes probably.

I mean Emily clearly isn't capable of scoring sufficiently at International level. Still Capello will pick those fit and on form.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 3, 2010, 11:55 PM

Post #27 of 47 (2211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Personally, I don't think Bent is capable of scoring at international level either. But at least when Heskey plays he seems to bring the best out of Rooney.

It's all academic anyway. We ain't gonna win it regardless of who Capello picks if for no other reason than we've got such a dodgy defence. Unsure

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Jun 4, 2010, 10:28 AM

Post #28 of 47 (2189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

.... a plodding midfield, that lacks imagination

and

a forward line where one player has an idea where the goal is (actually there are 2 but the other one will be getting splinters in his arse on the bench).

That apart I reckon we have as good a chance as San Marino.

I know that we are bestist mates now, but I do have to pull you up on the Enily brings out the best in rooney guff. I mean he's so abysmal he'd make anyone look good alongside him. You want to see Rooney sparkle, play him up front along with me - a slow, plodding, un-fit has been. Or, is that what Capello has already instigated as plan A?

sandhurstbee

Jun 4, 2010, 1:27 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #29 of 47 (2166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just been told Ferdinands injured, don`t know how serious, are we too late to replace him in the squad?

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 4, 2010, 1:29 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #30 of 47 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think anyone can be replaced until the tournament gets under way; what's the betting if a replacement is sent out, it won't one of the "rejected seven" ?

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2010, 2:06 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #31 of 47 (2158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to the bbc website Michael Dawson is on standby.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Jun 4, 2010, 4:15 PM

Post #32 of 47 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
I think anyone can be replaced until the tournament gets under way; what's the betting if a replacement is sent out, it won't one of the "rejected seven" ?

Up to 24 hours prior to the nation's first game of the tournament.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2010, 8:10 PM

Post #33 of 47 (2112 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

and

a forward line where one player has an idea where the goal is (actually there are 2 but the other one will be getting splinters in his arse on the bench).

I know that we are bestist mates now, but I do have to pull you up on the Enily brings out the best in rooney guff. I mean he's so abysmal he'd make anyone look good alongside him. You want to see Rooney sparkle, play him up front along with me - a slow, plodding, un-fit has been. Or, is that what Capello has already instigated as plan A?

Rooney himself has in the past indicated his desire to play alongside Heskey. Given how much he hates losing I don't think he'd be saying that if there wasn't some merit in it.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2010, 9:11 PM

Post #34 of 47 (2102 views)
Shortcut

Never been a fan of Rio. Too many errors for my liking.

Pleased to see Michael Dawson take his place and hopefully he will get a game.

As for the friendlies against both Mexico and Japan the one player who I thought was outstanding and wouldnt be surprised to see him playing was Joe Hart.

What constitutes success for England and how will be do? Semi's and beyond would be a success for me, but I envisage a 1/4 final defeat.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2010, 10:48 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #35 of 47 (2088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tivvy_Al] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
But a few papers have been reporting Baines has said he didnt want to travel as he feared he would get homesick

If that is true then at least Baines deserves some credit for his honesty. I was surprised that Spain decided that Jesus Navas would be a suitable member of their squad - if he travels more than 50 miles from Sevilla he seems to get nauseous.

At least he's ruled himself before the squad was finalised unlike David Bentley a couple of years ago! (for the under-21s)

Last new ground (848): Giant Axe - Lancaster v Stourbridge 23/11/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 6, 2010, 3:26 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #36 of 47 (2038 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

and

Rooney himself has in the past indicated his desire to play alongside Heskey. Given how much he hates losing I don't think he'd be saying that if there wasn't some merit in it.

Come on now Mr Punk. First Capello now Rooney. Dont you know neither of these two know as much as the esteemed Garrincha's Dog

UKPunk

Jun 6, 2010, 10:57 PM

Post #37 of 47 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

and

Come on now Mr Punk. First Capello now Rooney. Dont you know neither of these two know as much as the esteemed Garrincha's Dog

How silly of me. I'd forgotten all about his playing medals and coaching badges.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Jun 7, 2010, 2:21 PM

Post #38 of 47 (1979 views)
Shortcut

I have this fear, that as Gerrard goes up to collect the World Cup, everyone is lauding the performance of the big chap, his 3 goals in the Final not only securing the Golden Boot award, but also eclipsing Just Fontaine's 13 goals in a single tournament. Next day the Sao Paulo Argus will be going on about the one with the chick's name being a combination of Alfredo Di Stefano and Mario Kempes.

What will be left for me? My on-line buddies will start to shun me. People who come on here fibbing about their hopping exploits will suddenly be seen as more worthy.

I can see this scenario coming true, I worry about these things.

dottirofhod

Jun 7, 2010, 3:27 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #39 of 47 (1967 views)
Shortcut

What will be left for me? My on-line buddies will start to shun me. People who come on here fibbing about their hopping exploits will suddenly be seen as more worthy.

Come on Dog name and shame !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 7, 2010, 10:53 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #40 of 47 (1921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or

In all honesty I think the squad is good enough to win the competition. I don't care how we play before or during the tournament I only care about winning, Heskey is a strong player and his physical presence will help Rooney. Crouch will do against the smaller teams and Defoe as a last 20 minute man to bite the arse of the opposition.

Walcott hasn't gone for a reason, his ability to pass is nil. He has hardly played for his club and how pundits have contemplated wanting SWP to stay at home I don't know.

Any exit before the semis is a failure and the players can go hang their heads in national shame.

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Jun 7, 2010, 10:53 PM)

Moorsider
First Team Star

Jun 8, 2010, 12:41 AM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #41 of 47 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think all the dreams will come crashing down to reality next weekend when we are turned over by USA. Didn't something similar happen in 1950 ??

UKPunk

Jun 8, 2010, 10:50 AM

Post #42 of 47 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Moorsider] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think all the dreams will come crashing down to reality next weekend when we are turned over by USA. Didn't something similar happen in 1950 ??

England 0 USA 1 in Belo Horizonte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...United_States_(1950)

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Jun 8, 2010, 1:53 PM

Post #43 of 47 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] england world cup squad [In reply to] Can't Post or

The more people keep mentioning that game the more likely everyone will start to believe it really did happen. Minitrue has a lot to answer for Tongue

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2010, 3:17 PM

Post #44 of 47 (1676 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

and

How silly of me. I'd forgotten all about his playing medals and coaching badges.

Congratulations Villahopper and Russell, nice of the 2 of you to team up and give me a kicking.

Strange really how I suggested all this before the tournament and you 2 rubbished my views.

Good to see 2 hypocrites now criticising the pathetic display of the national team. All was evident beforehand amongst those of us who don't fall for all the hype.

Apologies may be accepted.

Moorsider
First Team Star

Jun 29, 2010, 3:58 PM

Team(s): Kirkbymoorside (Wearside League)

Post #45 of 47 (1660 views)
Shortcut

Spot on Garrincha's dog !! Some of us had a good idea of what was likely to happen and there is a desperate need for England to be more flexible. Trouble is that most of the players are too thick to be able to adapt to any other style.

UKPunk

Jun 29, 2010, 11:30 PM

Post #46 of 47 (1633 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

and

Congratulations Villahopper and Russell, nice of the 2 of you to team up and give me a kicking.

Strange really how I suggested all this before the tournament and you 2 rubbished my views.

Good to see 2 hypocrites now criticising the pathetic display of the national team. All was evident beforehand amongst those of us who don't fall for all the hype.

Apologies may be accepted.

Firstly I admit you were right about Heskey. I was wrong.

Secondly I challenge you to find ANY evidence that I thought England would do well at this tournament. In fact, if you look at my posts on the subject you'll find that even before the World Cup I predicted England would struggle in the group and finish second, after which we would go out to Germany in the round of 16. Ok, I said we would lose on penalties but I got the result right and made a nice killing at the bookies as well.

So before you go throwing accusations around it might just pay you in future to do your research and make sure you're not talking entirely out of yout rear orifice.

I hope to meet you in the new season. Fleetfan reckons we'll get on really well. Smile

(This post was edited by UKPunk on Jun 30, 2010, 8:28 PM)

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Jun 30, 2010, 6:00 AM

Post #47 of 47 (1619 views)
Shortcut

and

I'm just embarrassed about getting it so wrong about our midfield. Oh, yes and the attack!

May get the chance to meet up next season, am I more likely to find you at a Crewe home game or a Clacton one?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3