Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Email Addresses

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 3, 2010, 11:30 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 2 (14035 views)
Shortcut
Email Addresses Can't Post or Reply Privately

Please please ensure that you have a valid, working email address in your profile.

The problem is that the forum auto generates an email to you if someone replies to one of your posts, sends you a private message etc etc. If this email bounces then I get a bounce message in my inbox and I am now getting so many it's getting annoying.

To check / change your email address go to Edit Profile in the top menu then User Profile. There is no reason not to have a working address in there, they are not used for any purpose other than system notifications and are certainly not passed on to any third parties.

I am going to start disabling forum accounts that are generating bounce messages. I did start messaging people individually but to be honest got a bit fed up with having to send several messages to explain myself most times and even met with hostility from some people which I find difficult to understand and frankly don't need. If you find your account disabled email me steve at nonleaguematters.co.uk and I can re-enable it so you can change your profile.

Many Thanks

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 4, 2010, 12:06 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 2 (13925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Email Addresses [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Remember - if you do not want to receive e-mail messages, then these can be turned off in your profile

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3