Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #267

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

northstandexile
First Team Star

Mar 31, 2010, 10:17 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #51 of 55 (807 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [chris41] Twenty Questions #267 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

G - Derby County winning FL title by not playing after their title rivals lost at Wolves after Derby had finished their matches, with Brian Clough on holiday when he heard the news of their title win.

chris41
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Mar 31, 2010, 10:20 PM

Post #52 of 55 (802 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [northstandexile] Twenty Questions #267 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
G - Derby County winning FL title by not playing after their title rivals lost at Wolves after Derby had finished their matches, with Brian Clough on holiday when he heard the news of their title win.

No it is not that one NSE.

chris41

Mar 31, 2010, 10:33 PM

Post #53 of 55 (790 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [doodle] Twenty Questions #267 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
G) Chelsea v Stoke City Sunday 27th January 1974, the first Division One game to be played on a Sunday - similar reasons to a previous post.

WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations -Yes the answer is the first division (level one) league game to be played on a Sunday in England between Stoke and Chelsea in January 1974.
Was looking for one of the first Sunday Matches to set for the quiz and thought that the obvious two of.........

1) Cambridge utd v Oldham First Sunday FA cup game and 2) Millwall V Fulham first Sunday football league game were perhaps to obvious and went for the Stoke V Chelsea division one game played a couple of weeks later on Sunday 27th Jan 1974 as the least obvious. Bad look on Mip who was so very close.

Congratulations Doodle, a debut winner I believe. Hope that you are up for hosting the next one.

mip

Mar 31, 2010, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #54 of 55 (784 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
G) Chelsea v Stoke City Sunday 27th January 1974, the first Division One game to be played on a Sunday - similar reasons to a previous post.

WINNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations -Yes the answer is the first division (level one) league game to be played on a Sunday in England between Stoke and Chelsea in January 1974.
Was looking for one of the first Sunday Matches to set for the quiz and thought that the obvious two of.........

1) Cambridge utd v Oldham First Sunday FA cup game and 2) Millwall V Fulham first Sunday football league game were perhaps to obvious and went for the Stoke V Chelsea division one game played a couple of weeks later on Sunday 27th Jan 1974 as the least obvious. Bad look on Mip who was so very close.

Congratulations Doodle, a debut winner I believe. Hope that you are up for hosting the next one.

Nooooooooooooooo... Something related to a theft of the Jules Rimet cup in the previous quiz and now this... Noooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, well done Doodle!

doodle
Reserve Team Star

Mar 31, 2010, 10:44 PM

Team(s): Kendal Town ..... (Oh and Blackburn ssh!!)

Post #55 of 55 (782 views)
Shortcut

Got to admit - totally a fluke, I'd spent the day trying to assess the options, and happened to spot this stat whilst getting the Stamford Bridge postcode!!! Seeing you were on an 11pm deadline - thought I'd throw it in - I was more confident of the Cloughy guess being correct to be honest!! Anyway - whilst I may finally have got off the mark - I have hit the post a few times when I've missed by a matter of minutes or a couple of weeks ago, seconds!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3