Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
AFL (Australian Rules Football)

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Mar 15, 2010, 10:54 PM

Team(s): See below

Post #1 of 5 (5589 views)
Shortcut
AFL (Australian Rules Football) Can't Post or Reply Privately

Western Bulldogs won there first trophy for many years when they defeated St Kilda by 40 points in the NAB pre-season Cup last Saturday night.
Footscray as they were known before marketing money changed there name have only won the one Premiership in the AFL, in 1954.

The season proper begins on Thursday week (25th March)......am happy to post the results on here if people wish.

Cheers,

Darren in Australia

My teams: Chelsea, Bromley, Spalding United, Pinchbeck United, Cemaes (WAL), Heart of Midlothian (SCO), St Etienne (FRA), Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER), Deportivo La Caruna (ESP), Alma SC (Australia), Silver City Strikers (Australia),Thika United (Kenya). Founder and chairman of Alma Makogeni Sports Club (Kenya)

ash
First Team Sub

Mar 16, 2010, 4:54 PM

Team(s): England, Forest & Gresley

Post #2 of 5 (5551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AussieWhoosh] AFL (Australian Rules Football) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Results are readily available online but I'd be interested in any interesting news stories or your take on the season. Not that I'm expecting much of my team, adopted during my year in Oz in 96/7, the Richmond Tigers. I think they've only made the post-season once in all those years of supporting them (or barracking for them as I suppose I have to say....Wink!)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 1, 2010, 5:03 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #3 of 5 (5438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AussieWhoosh] AFL (Australian Rules Football) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm also up for the gossip , and I'm sure there are a few others, though vienna, who is a Bombers fan as I recall, has disappeared from our midst.

During the game today, the commentators said something about Stoker being known as the Sharon Stone of the AFL - can you explain?

I'll use this thread to post the live games on here (3 per round on ESPN):

This round it's Brisbane v Carlton - just watched it; St Kilda v Melbourne (0900-1200 tomorrow) and Geelong v Hawthorn (0500-0800 Monday). Highlights show is 6/4 2100-2200 and 7/4 1345-1445.

The TV games are also announced for the following week - St Kilda v Collingwood (1030-1330, Friday 9/4); Carlton v Essendon (1000-1300, Sat 10/4) and Bulldogs v Hawthorn (0500-0800, Sun 11/4)

UK AFL season starts on May 8 - no fixtures seem to be available yet though.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Apr 1, 2010, 5:18 PM)

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Apr 1, 2010, 9:18 PM

Team(s): See below

Post #4 of 5 (5428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] AFL (Australian Rules Football) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've decided not to bother as apparently results can be found online. And seeing as I actually find the game boring, I do not take much interest in any gossip etc.

Darren in Australia

My teams: Chelsea, Bromley, Spalding United, Pinchbeck United, Cemaes (WAL), Heart of Midlothian (SCO), St Etienne (FRA), Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER), Deportivo La Caruna (ESP), Alma SC (Australia), Silver City Strikers (Australia),Thika United (Kenya). Founder and chairman of Alma Makogeni Sports Club (Kenya)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2010, 12:23 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #5 of 5 (5214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] AFL (Australian Rules Football) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Next round of TV games:
Fri 10.30-13.30 Bulldogs v Crows
Sun 05.00-08.00 Pies v Bombers
Mon 05.00-08.00 Blues v Cats
Review programme at 21.00 Tue and 10.30 Wed

Round after:
Fri 10.30-13.30 Bulldogs v Saints
Sat 14.45-17.00 Bombers v Hawks (delayed coverage)
Sun 05.00-08.00 Blues v Pies

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3