Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #258

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Jamesie
Deleted

Mar 10, 2010, 9:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #76 of 122 (1091 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [John Treleven] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or

I think another one for Chris and the ambiguities panel. Without getting Sarumio involved (he likes those geography things) the point of reference should be good ol' wiki again. Even though it is as reliable as (insert unreliable thing here) when it is on the blink.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Mar 10, 2010, 9:49 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #77 of 122 (1082 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Seeing as I've had the okay from mip that Aarhus Gymnastikforening does not begin with ┼ - I'm going there. AGF? No idea why though...Unsure

Not them Jamesie!

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2010, 10:01 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #78 of 122 (1064 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Got to guess at something. Hope they at least meets the criterias established so far.

G: Esbjerg fB

I'm busy doing surgery, with the bloody patient screaming for attention as I am writing, so sorry if I have overlooked some info. Wink

(This post was edited by Lars on Mar 10, 2010, 10:02 PM)

paulh66

Mar 10, 2010, 10:06 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #79 of 122 (1056 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Got to guess at something. Hope they at least meets the criterias established so far.

G: Esbjerg fB

I'm busy doing surgery, with the bloody patient screaming for attention as I am writing, so sorry if I have overlooked some info. Wink

Not them either, Lars.

....but you make a very persuasive argument for the rule change!! CrazySly

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2010, 11:02 PM

Post #80 of 122 (1030 views)
Shortcut

Just to confirm. Most Croatian clubs starts with "NK", which should exclude them, right?

Q: Is it Br÷ndby IF?

Jamesie
Deleted

Mar 10, 2010, 11:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #81 of 122 (990 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or

Dangerous question that Lars. If he says yes, it gives someone else a scramble for the tap in.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

paulh66

Mar 10, 2010, 11:08 PM

Post #82 of 122 (989 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Just to confirm. Most Croatian clubs starts with "NK", which should exclude them, right?

Lars, if the Croatian clubs start with "NK" on wikipedia then they are excluded as they do not fall within A-L.

And the answer is not Br÷ndby IF

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2010, 11:10 PM

Post #83 of 122 (981 views)
Shortcut

G: HB K°ge

paulh66

Mar 10, 2010, 11:11 PM

Post #84 of 122 (979 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
G: HB K°ge

Nope

Jamesie
Deleted

Mar 10, 2010, 11:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #85 of 122 (970 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or

A little reminder.

This one is set for a midnight scramble - unless someone who hasn't guessed sneeks in and gets the winner - so be aware of the strict rules that still exists regarding post times. Effectively the first correct guess with a post date stamped 11 March wins. Anyone who is trigger happy and posts on 10 March is disqualified.

Everyone okay with that? And are you available at that time Paul? Laugh

paulh66

Mar 10, 2010, 11:19 PM

Post #86 of 122 (966 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
A little reminder.

This one is set for a midnight scramble - unless someone who hasn't guessed sneeks in and gets the winner - so be aware of the strict rules that still exists regarding post times. Effectively the first correct guess with a post date stamped 11 March wins. Anyone who is trigger happy and posts on 10 March is disqualified.

Everyone okay with that? And are you available at that time Paul? Laugh

I'll be here, Jamesie. I'm expecting a mad scramble so may just sit back until 12.05/12.10 and then kill a few questions/guesses in one go Cool

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Mar 10, 2010, 11:20 PM)

mip
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Mar 10, 2010, 11:20 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #87 of 122 (965 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Lars, if the Croatian clubs start with "NK" on wikipedia then they are excluded as they do not fall within A-L.

Oh, then the answer I was pretty confident about isn't right. I think this name thing is really a bit muddled. For example would FC K°benhavn count as an "F" or a "K" or even "C" as in Copenhagen.

Br°ndby are from Copenhagen so I had counted that out because of the 300,000 limit.

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2010, 11:20 PM

Post #88 of 122 (963 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dangerous question that Lars. If he says yes, it gives someone else a scramble for the tap in.

Oh, my nerves... CrazyCrazy My hands were shaking! Wink
Well, perhaps you will do the tap in..? (If Br÷ndby had been correct, I had the guess written and just had to push "Post reply".)
Anyway, you should give me some sort of trophy for being THE worst guesser forever... I seem to always pick the wrong ones. Actually, I think it started when you chose the worse team in the 2nd worst football country, instead of Historical's FC! Tongue

By the way... you probably felt relieved it was me who posted again, and not someone with a guess left to make today...

paulh66

Mar 10, 2010, 11:25 PM

Post #89 of 122 (958 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Oh, then the answer I was pretty confident about isn't right. I think this name thing is really a bit muddled. For example would FC K°benhavn count as an "F" or a "K" or even "C" as in Copenhagen.

Br°ndby are from Copenhagen so I had counted that out because of the 300,000 limit.

They're FC Copenhagen on Wikipedia, Michael, so I'd consider F as the first letter for the purposes of this game (#258)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Mar 10, 2010, 11:28 PM

Post #90 of 122 (955 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I may as well continue my domination of this competition, post wise and word wise.
According to English wikipedia I interpreted Br÷ndby as not being part of Copenhagen (which surprised me a bit). It seems to be a kommun/kommune/municipality of its own. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%B8ndby And F K and C all were OK letters.
(I notice AIK, is being listed as coming from Solna, though we think of it as a very Stockholm club. I trust you're right. Maybe another one for the ambigiousuisity thread...)

Come on and make a guess now, if you haven't already. I think 60 % of my wins have come with you as the quizmaster.

(This post was edited by Lars on Mar 10, 2010, 11:38 PM)

mip

Mar 10, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #91 of 122 (940 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

They're FC Copenhagen on Wikipedia, Michael, so I'd consider F as the first letter for the purposes of this game (#258)

Actually FC K°benhavn on Danish wiki Wink. And we don't like them around here!

You've been completely clear with the naming in this quiz, Paul, no problem. However, I would in general think that prefixes like FC, AFC or AC shouldn't be included as part of the name but perhaps this is another ambiguity for Chris to decide on and write some guidelines.

Jamesie
Deleted

Mar 10, 2010, 11:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #92 of 122 (917 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or

Watching Who's Online is like the last minutes of an Ebay bidding session... Laugh

Bet you all thought I'd guessed!!!

buncranaboy

Mar 11, 2010, 12:00 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #93 of 122 (911 views)
Shortcut

FC Midtjylland ?

T P
Youth Team Star

Team(s):

Post #94 of 122 (911 views)
Shortcut

FC Midtjylland

mip

Post #95 of 122 (911 views)
Shortcut

G: FC Midtjylland

The first non-English side to beat Manchester City in Manchester in European competitions.

As Paddy was quicker I'll obviously retract my guess Wink.

(This post was edited by mip on Mar 11, 2010, 12:01 AM)

Jamesie
Deleted

Team(s):

Post #96 of 122 (908 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or

No idea why you've chosen this if it's right, but I've excluded all NK teams from Croatia, all the Copenhagen clubs and those who haven't made it into Europe... so...

Q: Are they from Croatia?
G: HNK Cibalia?
Look I've even done a picture Laugh Not that I've been waiting long... Ooh look, their nickname is "Nebesko plavi (The Sky-blues)" and their home kit is the exact same as Sheffield FC's away kit. Hmmm, did you know Cibalia is Croatian for Blackburn?

POST REPLY..... NOW!

Have I won? Angelic HA!!! I came fourth and came up with a completely different answer Laugh

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Mar 11, 2010, 12:01 AM)

paulh66

Mar 11, 2010, 12:02 AM

Post #97 of 122 (893 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [T P] Twenty Questions #258 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Hey, this is exciting!!

FC Midtjylland - No, sorry guys Frown

chris41

Mar 11, 2010, 12:02 AM

Post #98 of 122 (893 views)
Shortcut

Fc Nordsjaelland (if everyones wrong)

mip

Mar 11, 2010, 12:03 AM

Post #99 of 122 (888 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
No idea why you've chosen this if it's right, but I've excluded all NK teams from Croatia, all the Copenhagen clubs and those who haven't made it into Europe... so...

Look I've even done a picture Laugh Not that I've been waiting long... Ooh look, their nickname is "Nebesko plavi (The Sky-blues)" and their home kit is the exact same as Sheffield FC's away kit. Hmmm, did you know Cibalia is Croatian for Blackburn?

POST REPLY..... NOW!

Have I won? Angelic HA!!! I came fourth and came up with a completely different answer Laugh

But Vinkovci is east of Bratislava!

paulh66

Mar 11, 2010, 12:04 AM

Post #100 of 122 (886 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

POST REPLY..... NOW!

Jamesie - that's a remarkably wonderful answer...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3