Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

multilevel
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 4, 2010, 7:12 AM

Post #26 of 40 (3311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'd heard Ilkeston had applied to have judgment deferred to the end of the season when they can have Chesterfield's old floodlights. I think there is some internal work to do too - dressing room size requirements increase by 50% from step 3 to 2 - obviously all the larger players? Dugouts also need to seat 11 up from 8 - are there more subs at step 2?

I believe Eastwood Town also had some work to do.

The main reason King's Lynn got demoted from Conference North was the size of the dressing rooms. When it was discovered we were going to be demoted there was some quick action and promises (including evidence of finance in place) of having it all in place by the start of the next season but that cut no ice with the authorities and down (and later out) we went.

Rob North
First Team Star

Mar 4, 2010, 3:50 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #27 of 40 (3248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didcot Town report that they are about to put in the footings for their additional cover. Arena have given a planned completion date of 26/03/10. The main stand is currently being altered to accomodated extra seats.

(This post was edited by Rob North on Mar 4, 2010, 9:09 PM)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 4, 2010, 6:49 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #28 of 40 (3213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I'd heard Ilkeston had applied to have judgment deferred to the end of the season when they can have Chesterfield's old floodlights. I think there is some internal work to do too - dressing room size requirements increase by 50% from step 3 to 2 - obviously all the larger players? Dugouts also need to seat 11 up from 8 - are there more subs at step 2?

I believe Eastwood Town also had some work to do.

The main reason King's Lynn got demoted from Conference North was the size of the dressing rooms. When it was discovered we were going to be demoted there was some quick action and promises (including evidence of finance in place) of having it all in place by the start of the next season but that cut no ice with the authorities and down (and later out) we went.

It amazed me that the Kings Lynn board were prepared to take 2 such big gambles:
1) When they failed to get work done everyone had known about for quite a while, gambling that the Conference and FA would let them off failing to do the work on time. I realise it can take a little longer where a 3rd party (the council) are involved, but that should have meant the Board started the process earlier to make sure the work could be done over the summer, or had a contingency (such as Matlock's temporary changing rooms) or at least got permission before the deadline for failure to complete on time (as it sounds like Ilkeston have over the floodlights)
2) When the Kings Lynn Board gambled that the taxman would wait, having spent money they should have given to the taxman the previous year(s?) and then continued to pay substantial wages rather than pay off that debt.

I think you were let down very badly by them. Certainly seems reckless and irresponsible to me, I'd be very worried if any of them got onto another football club's Board. Best of luck to the new venture, though I think it's a great shame the Supporters Trust aren't leading it.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (963) Silksmore Road Brocton 0-2 Lichfield City (9/11)
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
12/11 Hyde v FC United

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 15, 2010, 1:27 PM

Post #29 of 40 (3060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Three Sides] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My mate went to a Truro City Q&A with the chairman the other night and in his words

"A new stand is going up at the far end of the ground in the next 2 weeks (100 covered seats), and hopefully over the summer the biggest seating area will also be covered. Also, a second set of turnstiles will be opened at the far end of the ground."

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 15, 2010, 2:40 PM

Post #30 of 40 (3042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or

Rumour is Didcot have put some seats in front of mainstand and are putting a very small amount of cover in the far corner of the ground. Not having seen said seats though if they are where I have been told where they are, they will not be of much use unless they have been well raised up. The cover will be as useful as the current cover which really is of no use due to it's location next to a corner flag behind the goal. With the seats being placed where they are, it will mean the only cover of any use for standing spectators will now be unavailable. It appears the "improvements" are being made to comply with the ground grading and not for spectator comfort.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 16, 2010, 12:48 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #31 of 40 (2937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Rumour is Didcot have put some seats in front of mainstand and are putting a very small amount of cover in the far corner of the ground. Not having seen said seats though if they are where I have been told where they are, they will not be of much use unless they have been well raised up. The cover will be as useful as the current cover which really is of no use due to it's location next to a corner flag behind the goal. With the seats being placed where they are, it will mean the only cover of any use for standing spectators will now be unavailable. It appears the "improvements" are being made to comply with the ground grading and not for spectator comfort.

As (all) the ground gradings say that "All seating must afford a good view of the pitch", one would assume they cannot be counted otherwise.

Why is cover near the corner flag no potential use? It may not be the best location, but is it no use at all?

Not that I'd be surprised about your last point being correct!

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (963) Silksmore Road Brocton 0-2 Lichfield City (9/11)
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
12/11 Hyde v FC United

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 16, 2010, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #32 of 40 (2919 views)
Shortcut

We've already had a thread about useless stands and two that I've seen recently at Team Northumbria and Hayling Island are indeed useless.
Provided just to meet the grading requirements these two examples both sit by the corner flags a good ten metres away from the pitch rail so they provide cover from where it's not possible to see any of the action unless it's right in front of you - how they can be deemed to "afford a good view of the pitch" is beyond me unless the "test" was carried out in an empty ground.
As if.......................Crazy

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Mar 16, 2010, 3:38 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #33 of 40 (2887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A new meccano stand appeared at Wellington (Somerset) 18 months ago to satisfy promotion to step 5, oh so handidly placed at one end of the ground near the corner flag, and at night games its too dark to even see where to sit as its back beyond the light coverage and consists of black seats in a black stand !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

THE TOWN
Deleted

Mar 16, 2010, 4:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #34 of 40 (2859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or

Went to Hayling Utd on saturday, the centre of the stand is in line with the penaly spot and over 20m back from the pitch,they only took the metal grills out from half the stand, so only half was used and as people were standing on the rails round the pitch which would also block your view.

acmold

Mar 21, 2010, 10:56 AM

Post #35 of 40 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [THE TOWN] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or

Have spoken to two people who have been to Didcot this week. I ascertain the following info, a few seats have been placed in front of the stand, they do not afford a full view of the pitch - this was confirmed by a committeeman who said the league are willing to except them as part of the grading. The new cover is not yet in situ, presume will arrive on the 26/3 as previously posted.

The chairmans view is that due to falling crowds the grading requirements are not warranted and the club will spend as little money as is required to ascertain the most basic grading requirement. This season Didcot charge 8 admission for adults (4 for OAP's) this increase seems to have cut their gates from 250 / 300 last season to 170 / 200 this season. This is the local trend, if a team is not winning week in week out, despite it being at a higher level the fans do not turn-up.

It was pointed out that with the new seats in situ the only cover for standing spectators that affords a decent view of the pitch has now been taken away, the club say they are not worried as the most of their regulars sit down.

waspexile
Youth Team Sub

Mar 21, 2010, 11:05 AM

Team(s): Burgess Hill Town, Brighton and Hove Albion

Post #36 of 40 (2733 views)
Shortcut

I wasnt aware that Horsham YMCA had any ground grading issues left? If they have then they will surely be sorted now as they now have Horsham FC as tenants (they are in the Ryman Prem).

One curious thing about YM (which makes the ground grading rules look a bit daft) concerns their turnstiles, which are all shiny and new.
You approach the ground from the road. In front of you is the open main gate manned by a steward. Off to the right are the turnstiles. You are directed though the turnstiles to pay, after which you are free to turn left again and resume your journey down the road to the clubhouse.

There is no physical barrier to prevent you from running down the road and evading said steward (mind you, why would you want you?) Its all done on faith and goodwill. They could just carry on doing what they used to, which is to take your money, pop it in a tin and let you carry on.

short corners......... as useful as a chocolate teapot.

benrufc
Youth Team Sub

Mar 31, 2010, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers and Retford United

Post #37 of 40 (2531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waspexile] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Retford United have today passed ground grading and will remain in the unibond premier

RUFC

Total Grounds Visited (including Old): 228

Last ground visited: (29/01/11) Holbrook Sports 2-1 Lancing
Next Ground: (01/02/11) Worsbrough Bridge Athletic v Bottesford Town

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Mar 31, 2010, 11:22 PM

Post #38 of 40 (2432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benrufc] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Retford United have today passed ground grading and will remain in the unibond premier

No, Ben, the FA representative who visited you today (and then came to us) will submit his recommendation to the appropriate FA committee for ratification. When that is given, as I'm sure it will be, you and we can both say we've passed, but not until then and you have had it confirmed by letter.

acmold

Apr 1, 2010, 1:50 PM

Post #39 of 40 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainworthgord] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or

Didcot say they have passed the graded requirement, just the previously mentioned few seats at ground level from which "no one can see" and a new "bike shed" in the corner. "Quotes" from a Didcot committeeman.

StephenHarris
First Team Sub

Apr 9, 2010, 5:14 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Hastings United, CA Huracan

Post #40 of 40 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Have last years promoted clubs achieved Ground Grade [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aveley have added a new covered standing area at the north end of their Mill Field ground. This comprises of two Arena units plus a flat standing area about 10 foot wide in between (I've put a photo of it on the 'Where did you go - 8 April thread). According to last night's programme, this has achieved the grading the club needed to stay in the Isthmian Premier. Some of the local youths have already discovered that you can make a tremendous racket by kicking the back wall of the new metallic terrace.

(This post was edited by StephenHarris on Apr 9, 2010, 5:16 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3