First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Feb 12, 2010, 12:42 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1 of 81 (40452 views)
Shortcut
STATS Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think it was Lars who mentioned ongoing stats. I'd come up with a little table but, as I was quite late joining this particular corner of the site, I didn't make any notes of the early winners and those details have disappeared into the ether - and that's the first 110 quizzes. As Jamesie is a bit miffed about their disappearance I guess he must have won one or two of those early ones as well. Of the quizzes that remain available on the system, the winners table so far is :

unknown 110
jamesie 29
nico 14
mip 12
PatB 10
knowyourmarket 10
veteran 8
MadMick 6
buncranaboy 6
chris1941 5
lars 4
ciderjon 4
stokepriorandy 4
seanm 3
monsieur pascal 3
mek 3
northstandexile 3
paulh66 3
T'Pau 2
UK Punk 1
hucknallite 1
chrisby 1
total 242

I don't know how to make this a sticky so if anyone thinks it's worth keeping and knows how to....................

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Feb 12, 2010, 12:46 PM)

mip
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Feb 12, 2010, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #2 of 81 (40432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting list. I'm sure Jamesie'll make it a sticky once he's back from swimming with the polar bears. Another interesting list would be a list with the answers from the quizzes. Lots of weird football trivia would be included in that. One dark evening I might start to compile it...

chris41

Feb 12, 2010, 2:54 PM

Post #3 of 81 (40422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes it is a pity those quizzes are not available to look through as I expect some previous answers will turn up in future questions that are set.There must have been some real good ones in that lot !!

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2010, 5:22 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #4 of 81 (40407 views)
Shortcut

Just out of curiosity, did you use like Excel or something?

I'm in top 10 overall!! And I seem to be no 1 among Swedes!! I'm a great pioneer!

buncranaboy

Feb 12, 2010, 7:07 PM

Post #5 of 81 (40396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just out of curiosity, did you use like Excel or something?

I'm in top 10 overall!! And I seem to be no 1 among Swedes!! I'm a great pioneer!

Yes it was an Excel spreadsheet. Equally sadly, I put together a spreadsheet of previous winning answers, mainly so that I didn't replicate one of them what with me being a relatively new member of this quiz crew which mip asked me to forward to him. I can send it onto you on Monday if you wish as it's on my work PC.
But are you sure that there wasn't a Swedish winner in the first 110 quizzes, not counting you obviously Tongue

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2010, 7:51 PM

Post #6 of 81 (40389 views)
Shortcut

Yes, you're welcome to do that. Or perhaps even better would be to attach the file to this thread?

The "last 50 weeks" ranking was something urgent for me, as I was soon to go from 4 wins to 3. That is, after you're last win I have only 3 wins in last 50. This is why I sort of lost interest in posting a statistics thread here myself. Wink

buncranaboy

Feb 14, 2010, 6:39 PM

Post #7 of 81 (40346 views)
Shortcut

Updated after Paul's win today :

unknown 110

1 jamesie 29
2 nico 14
3 mip 12
4 PatB 10
4 knowyourmarket 10
6 veteran 8
7 MadMick 6
7 buncranaboy 6
9 chris1941 5
10 lars 4
10 ciderjon 4
10 stokepriorandy 4
10 paulh66 4
14 seanm 3
14 monsieur pascal 3
14 mek 3
14 northstandexile 3
18 T'Pau 2
19 UK Punk 1
19 hucknallite 1
19 chrisby 1

total 243

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Feb 14, 2010, 6:40 PM)

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 16, 2010, 2:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 81 (40305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
As Jamesie is a bit miffed about their disappearance I guess he must have won one or two of those early ones as well.
I don't know how to make this a sticky so if anyone thinks it's worth keeping and knows how to....................

Not miffed as such, but if we hadn't had the Word Association games on here (they accounted for over 50% of the posts on here at one stage), they'd still exist. And as requested, sticky as a toffee sponge pudding.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

T P
Youth Team Star

Feb 17, 2010, 2:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 81 (40274 views)
Shortcut

I don't often look into this part of the forum, but I thought I'd give you a hand in trying to track down some of the missing winners:

These two links from the internet archive (http://www.archive.org/index.php), have some of your missing winners.

http://web.archive.org/...rum=16;guest=3163612 - shows games 111-87

http://web.archive.org/...orum=16;guest=660278 - shows games 60-36

All the other games have been lost unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 17, 2010, 2:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 81 (40264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or

Thanks T P, that's excellent. It helps quite a bit, and adds another dozen wins on for me. It also shows how many people have passed through this game.
EDIT: Also found 1-15 here http://web.archive.org/...orum=16;guest=116825

ANOTHER EDIT: After using the link sent by T P, I have now found the winners of all but 35 of the games. The ones I've found are on the attached doc.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Jun 16, 2011, 10:24 AM)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 17, 2010, 4:48 PM

Post #11 of 81 (40247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thanks T P, that's excellent. It helps quite a bit, and adds another dozen wins on for me. It also shows how many people have passed through this game.
EDIT: Also found 1-15 here http://web.archive.org/...orum=16;guest=116825

ANOTHER EDIT: After using the link sent by T P, I have now found the winners of all but 35 of the games. The ones I've found are on the attached doc.

The link does not work.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 17, 2010, 4:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 81 (40243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or

You are right it doesn't now. Enter the address www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi into the search engine and click on April 27, 2006. It opens the index page if you click on the 20Qs bit, but not the posts.

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 17, 2010, 5:13 PM

Post #13 of 81 (40235 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
You are right it doesn't now. Enter the address www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi into the search engine and click on April 27, 2006. It opens the index page if you click on the 20Qs bit, but not the posts.

Que? Here in Sweden (I'm back home again), it does not seem to work.
I try:
http://web.archive.org/...ns/web/advanced.html
but one cannot choose 2006. It only goes to 2005!

You don't necessarily have to spend much time helping me on this. I do however have an interest in what was before, including what was written in the other threads as well, like the very first posts. But it's OK. How long have you yourself been active on the board, and do you recall any other known names that was around from the start?

mip

Feb 17, 2010, 5:18 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #14 of 81 (40232 views)
Shortcut

Try http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html and then put "www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi" into the search field. http://web.archive.org/....uk/forum/gforum.cgi might take you directly to the 20Q page if it works. Wrong, http://web.archive.org/...orum=16;guest=116825 could take you directly to the 20Q section (if it works).

You must be jet-lagged today Wink.

(This post was edited by mip on Feb 17, 2010, 5:20 PM)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 17, 2010, 5:33 PM

Post #15 of 81 (40224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Try http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html and then put "www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi" into the search field. http://web.archive.org/....uk/forum/gforum.cgi might take you directly to the 20Q page if it works. Wrong, http://web.archive.org/...orum=16;guest=116825 could take you directly to the 20Q section (if it works).

You must be jet-lagged today Wink.

Thank you both. Here is the thing... It seems to sometimes work, and sometimes not work. I usually get a "data retrieval error". But after trying again and again, it eventually works.

Not so jet-lagged. It was a quick trip, within 24 hours, so I'm back to normal again.
A tip... If it's wednesday, and you forgot to make your tuesday guess. Just do your wednesday guess, and then travel west fast until you get to tuesday, and then you can make your tuesday guess!

chris41

Feb 19, 2010, 7:55 PM

Post #16 of 81 (40162 views)
Shortcut

Didn't have a lot on at work this afternoon and without wishing to stand on paddys toes updated the table as a one off to include all the winners from the lost archives and now just leaves the 35 unknown. Hope that Paddy/Buncranaboy will continue with this. I have attached in excel but tried to cut & paste directly onto here but it just goes all gobbledygook. I am still working on it. I alsoliked Lars's original idea of keeping a table for the last 50 games as a current form guide. Perhaps someone more pc literate then myself can copy from the excel spreadsheet and put directly on here

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Jun 16, 2011, 10:25 AM)

buncranaboy

Feb 19, 2010, 9:35 PM

Post #17 of 81 (40149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris41] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll stick with it Chris as I've already got my "master" at work. I can also attach the spreadsheet with all the answers if people want...............

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 19, 2010, 10:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 81 (40141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or

That'd be good that Paddy, I tend to forget what subjects I've covered before.

buncranaboy

Feb 22, 2010, 1:36 PM

Post #19 of 81 (40105 views)
Shortcut

Stats file updated to include winner of #247 which was me!

I can't seem to open those archive files therefore have not included the winning answers from those quizzes. If someone else can find that information, then feel free to update the spreadsheet which is in Excel format.

Jamesie - I've reduced your total by one and increased Chrisby by one after a review though you still have a huge lead overall. However, current form shows you're coming under increased pressure...........

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Jun 16, 2011, 10:25 AM)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 22, 2010, 3:56 PM

Post #20 of 81 (40080 views)
Shortcut

And here are last 50 threads. Changes since last time within "( )". It is a time period of about 4 months.

1. Mip 11 (-1)
2. Jamesie 10 (-1)
3. Buncranaboy 7 (+2)
4-5. PaulH 5 (+2)
4-5. Christ41 5
6. Lars 3 (-1)
7-8. TPau 2, Ciderjon 2
9-13. Nico, NSExile, SeanM, MPascal, MadMick (-1)

On their way of losing points are: Ciderjon, MadMick (will fall out of list), Jamesie, Mip, MPascal (will fall out of list), Mip, Ciderjon (will fall out of list), Jamesie, SeanM (will fall out of list).

(This post was edited by Lars on Feb 22, 2010, 4:01 PM)

buncranaboy

Feb 22, 2010, 10:44 PM

Post #21 of 81 (40058 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
And here are last 50 threads. Changes since last time within "( )". It is a time period of about 4 months.

1. Mip 11 (-1)
2. Jamesie 10 (-1)
3. Buncranaboy 7 (+2)
4-5. PaulH 5 (+2)
4-5. Christ41 5
6. Lars 3 (-1)
7-8. TPau 2, Ciderjon 2

On their way of losing points are: Ciderjon, MadMick (will fall out of list), Jamesie, Mip, MPascal (will fall out of list), Mip, Ciderjon (will fall out of list), Jamesie, SeanM (will fall out of list).

That's that then. We've got no chance if HE'S joining in.........................Sly

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 22, 2010, 11:17 PM

Post #22 of 81 (40050 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

1. Mip 11 (-1)
2. Jamesie 10 (-1)
3. Buncranaboy 7 (+2)
4-5. PaulH 5 (+2)
4-5. Christ41 5
6. Lars 3 (-1)
7-8. TPau 2, Ciderjon 2

That's that then. We've got no chance if HE'S joining in.........................Sly

Wink

By the way, I've been spending time trying to find out what - regarding your listed interests - "feck" means. According to the wikipedia, it may have something to do with throwing. What specifically do you feck?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feck
It also mentions using "the greater or larger part", whatever that's refering to. Crazy

buncranaboy

Feb 22, 2010, 11:35 PM

Post #23 of 81 (40045 views)
Shortcut

Feck is the (normally Irish) "polite" way of swearing properly - only one vowel changed, see ?

It became very popular here thanks to the wonderful TV sitcom Father Ted which centred on three Catholic priests living together in a lonely house on an island off Irelnd's west coast. The older of the priests,one Father Jack Hackett who was permanently drunk, used to occasionally shout "Drink. Feck. Girls"

Maybe you had to be there...........

Anyway, here he is - Father Jack

chris41

Feb 23, 2010, 12:13 AM

Post #24 of 81 (40037 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

1. Mip 11 (-1)
2. Jamesie 10 (-1)
3. Buncranaboy 7 (+2)
4-5. PaulH 5 (+2)
4-5. Christ41 5
6. Lars 3 (-1)
7-8. TPau 2, Ciderjon 2

What's going on here, on this last 50 game table Lars has got me down as Christ41 and Buncranaboy has got me down as Chris1941 !!! Blimey I'm not that old. Wink

buncranaboy

Feb 23, 2010, 12:36 AM

Post #25 of 81 (40031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris41] STATS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

1. Mip 11 (-1)
2. Jamesie 10 (-1)
3. Buncranaboy 7 (+2)
4-5. PaulH 5 (+2)
4-5. Christ41 5
6. Lars 3 (-1)
7-8. TPau 2, Ciderjon 2

What's going on here, on this last 50 game table Lars has got me down as Christ41 and Buncranaboy has got me down as Chris1941 !!! Blimey I'm not that old. Wink

Sorry Chris, I'll change that. 1941 must be subliminal then..............the quiz number of your next win maybe Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3