Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
8 hours of abuse, a few minutes of response.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Feb 7, 2010, 4:11 PM

Post #1 of 4 (13747 views)
Shortcut
8 hours of abuse, a few minutes of response. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yesterday evening a thread, under the General posts heading, was deleted. This thread was along the lines of "watch out there is a conman about". Anyway the thread contained abuse of myself in language that all but the individual who posted it, are banned from using on the site. To anyone unsure, I was not the "conman" being outed, the thread kind of moved on (as they do) from that.

When I saw this post I responded in far more civil language, but did point out a few home truths, although there was certainly a lot more I could have added. Would the Moderator who deleted the thread please PM me to explain why abuse of me was left on show, for hours, whilst a far more civil response was censored within minutes. I am not so sensitive as to being bothered about being abused but at least I expect to be allowed to respond/defend myself.

I look forward to your response as the odious individual involved is constantly allowed to get away with whatever they want without sanction.

I hope to hear from you by PM soon. Thanks.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 7, 2010, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #2 of 4 (13689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] 8 hours of abuse, a few minutes of response. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And are you really any better to take the 'moral high ground' with posts like this:

"All in all another good trip through the tunnel, as for the prominent poster on here who gets a hard time in Wales perhaps he just reaps what he sows."

Grow up you sad individual!

By the way I didn't see your response so feel free to personal message it to me if it is relevant, I would be interested in what you have to say.

Presumably angry abuse is not ok, but calling someone odious is?

yours,

MISHI

(Who doesn't hide behind pen names!)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 8, 2010, 9:40 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 4 (13637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] 8 hours of abuse, a few minutes of response. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The moderators on this site do it on their own time, unpaid, and when they can while at work or at home.
We are not on-site 24 hours per day, and while we do all we can, we rely on the majority of users on this site posting sensibly.

I am not certain about this case - I did not delete the thread.
But at a guess, it was a link to a newspaper story about a con trick that started this up. Naturally, the moderators did not know the persons involved. It was judged OK as the reference was in a national newspaper and there were no direct allegations on this site. It appeared they may be some connection between the con man and Wrexham FC, but this was not made clear by the initial poster. Other posters had asked for clarification.

I was watching, but have been off-line since around lunch time yersterday.

No complaint had been made to the moderators.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 8, 2010, 10:27 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 4 (13630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] 8 hours of abuse, a few minutes of response. [In reply to] Can't Post or

Just to add to Leo, it was I that removed the post. I was a little slow to react to this as well, as I am normally quite sharp when it comes to spotting when these things escalate. And escalate is exactly what happened with this; if people want to trade insults - fine - just keep it away from the public side of things and use the PM facility. Not that I'm encouraging anyone to trade insults via PM.

The problem with this one is that people jumped into a fight and started to take sides, this is NOT what this forum is for. As for why I deleted the whole post, well simple really, if I deleted from a certain point any individual could take umbrage. I don't want that, as you can imagine. Like Leo says we can't be here all the time, and try as we might we can't read all of the posts the minute they hit the board, so please do not read anything into the timings.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3