Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #239

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Feb 3, 2010, 11:48 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #26 of 33 (1823 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It has lately become so difficult to win. Frown I still haven't figured out what was so special about that goal which the last thread was about. Shocked

My questions this time are...

You mentioned you watched Wallander. Do they speak Swedish and you show subtitles, or are there actually an English speaking version? (Because, I can imagine subtitles aren't that common in your country?? I mean, you do produce a lot of good stuff yourself. The Midsomer Murder series, for example, is hugely popular here. I wonder if Tom Barnaby could have challenged some of you guys when it comes to the 20Q.)
...Now I see at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander there actually is an English version, with Kenneth Branagh playing Wallander.

Q: Was/Is the person a "Sir"?

Wallander with Kenneth Branagh is, in my opinion, first class. It's very slow and camera-work heavy but I guess that's following the details of the books and much more gritty than the Midsomer Murders which is generally considered frivolous nonsense over here. It even takes the pee out of itself now in the trailers which show a sign saying "Welcome to Midsomer; population 392 or whatever" then the numbers begin to click backward............

This individual was not knighted in this country (UK)

Jeremy Goss's winning goal for Norwich was the only time an English team won at Bayern.......................

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Feb 3, 2010, 11:50 PM)

mip
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Feb 4, 2010, 12:00 AM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #27 of 33 (1815 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Was he Irish?

buncranaboy

Feb 4, 2010, 12:01 AM

Post #28 of 33 (1811 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Was he Irish?

Not this one mip.

Monsieur Pascal
Youth Team Star

Feb 4, 2010, 12:53 AM

Team(s): Coventry City for my sins

Post #29 of 33 (1801 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

So. A male person, dead, but not a player, manager, coach, ref, though only a "not really" to being involved in administration. Suspicious minds at work now. Not born in the UK and not of Irish nationality. Use of the word 'dead' implies to me that he was not a fictional person.

And then to the "sir" question, a "not knighted in UK" as the answer. Probably means that you haven't heard and don't know if he had been knighted in any other country (which is possible, just ask cricket's Sir Alan Stanford, the man in the orange jump suit). But I could be wrong.

Q: Is this dead person someone who was involved with TV or radio, as a presenter/commentator etc ?

G: no idea. Know a shed load of British commentators.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 1:00 AM

Team(s):

Post #30 of 33 (1798 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or

G: Bjørge Lillelien

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

buncranaboy

Feb 4, 2010, 1:37 AM

Post #31 of 33 (1792 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Monsieur Pascal] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So. A male person, dead, but not a player, manager, coach, ref, though only a "not really" to being involved in administration. Suspicious minds at work now. Not born in the UK and not of Irish nationality. Use of the word 'dead' implies to me that he was not a fictional person.

And then to the "sir" question, a "not knighted in UK" as the answer. Probably means that you haven't heard and don't know if he had been knighted in any other country (which is possible, just ask cricket's Sir Alan Stanford, the man in the orange jump suit). But I could be wrong.

Q: Is this dead person someone who was involved with TV or radio, as a presenter/commentator etc ?

G: no idea. Know a shed load of British commentators.

Your deduction is sound Monsieur. He was indeed a commentator

buncranaboy

Feb 4, 2010, 1:52 AM

Post #32 of 33 (1786 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Jamesie,Jamesie,Jamesie what can I say. I may have taken the ball off your toe to net this one but as Alan Partridge said :

TWAT !! GOAL !!!!!!

Deduced from ??

Voted the best sporting commentary of all time - always worth a listen. Google the man and smile..................

Well done Stu.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 2:10 AM

Team(s):

Post #33 of 33 (1782 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #239 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Jamesie,Jamesie,Jamesie what can I say. I may have taken the ball off your toe to net this one but as Alan Partridge said :

TWAT !! GOAL !!!!!!

Deduced from ??

Voted the best sporting commentary of all time - always worth a listen. Google the man and smile..................

Well done Stu.

Thank you Paddy. Deduced from the fact Monsieur Pascal asked the question I wanted to ask, and unlike him I knew of one dead non-UK commentator. Class.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3