Youth games:

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 18, 2010, 8:30 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #1 of 10 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Youth games: Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can't recall who, but earlier in the season someone was posting youth team fixtures and venues.

Does anyone know where I can find them for Sunday 7th March, as I would be interested in seeing a game that day, as I'm in Glasgow.

They were youth games of Scottish League clubs.

Alternatively, do any Junior or Amateur sides play Sunday youth team matches at their main grounds?

I know Dundee United are at home on the same day, but am undecided whether to travel up there or not, if there is something localish to Glasgow.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

prorege

Jan 18, 2010, 10:34 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #2 of 10 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Youth games: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I posted fixtures for the season on October 2 in the Groundhopping general section. Not sure how to copy them, so the link is:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/...;;page=unread#unread

Not sure if it will work but if you go to Oct 2 in that section you'll get them.

Exact details of venues etc are usually publiahed on the Thursday iun the Referee Appointments section of the SFA website here:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/...braries.cfm?page=715

it's a subsection of the SFL section headed SFL Youth.

Mishi

Jan 18, 2010, 10:58 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Youth games: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you, much appreciated.

Be grateful for anyone who has details of Junior/Amateur youth games.

Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]

prorege

Jan 18, 2010, 11:26 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1118 views)
Shortcut

Any Sunday League football in the Glasgow area will be public park level. Not much chance of anything at a proper ground. Junior / Amateur teams, in the main, don't have youth sides, and if they do they are 'arms length' and don't share facilities.

However, here will almost certainly be reasonable SFL U19 / U17 games on at interesting venues.

Mishi

Jan 19, 2010, 8:35 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1050 views)
Shortcut

I clicked on your link for youth fixtures, but it dodn't seem to go up to March.

Any idea what's on for the weekend of 5th/6th/7th March?

Thanks.

prorege

Jan 19, 2010, 8:56 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1046 views)
Shortcut

Just checked.

Nothing scheduled. The season finishes in February, apart from the dozens of postponed games and the league cup. The SFL will start to fit these games in after the last scheduled games. It will be impossible to get a schedule for the re-arranged fixtures until the week of the games, I'm afraid.

Rest assured there will be games on - but nobody will kinow what until a few days before them.

Mishi

Jan 19, 2010, 9:01 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1045 views)
Shortcut

Cheers..I'll just have to trust you!

I'll remind you to check for me a few days before! ;-)

prorege

Jan 19, 2010, 9:22 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1043 views)
Shortcut

Up here we're not used to luxuries like fixture lists. Even leagues that issue them tend to make multiple alterations at short notice bec ause of postponed Cup ties etc.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Jan 20, 2010, 11:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 10 (970 views)
Shortcut

I think I'm right in saying that apart from youth teams of senior clubs, youth football in Scotland is organised by the Scottish Youth FA, yet another one of the myriad of different governing associations. They have age groups right up to under 21 level if I remember correctly.

It is probably fair to say that fixtures/venues are not particularly easy to come by. I attended one day of their inter regional finals, staged at Dundar a few seasons ago, and the standard was reasonably good, but an annoying aspect was the allowance of rolling substitutions, even at the higher age groups.

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Jan 21, 2010, 1:31 AM

Team(s): Livingston

Post #10 of 10 (956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Youth games: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If anyone is interested we have a decent looking double bill of youth games at Almondvale (Fieldturf) on Sunday

12noon
Livingston v Arbroath - U17

2.30pm
Livingston v Ross County - U19

The second game in particular should be a cracker - two of the best sides in the SFL Youth League in action.

For all your Scottish football fixture needs: scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3