Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #230

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

chris41
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Jan 15, 2010, 10:34 AM

Post #51 of 57 (1020 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Under pressure! Off from home very shortly. Don't know if I'll have an Internet connection later in the day. Shooting boots haven't been shooting too well of late. Not certain whether we're looking for a game or an incident in a game. Don't have a clue what to do. Seems I have all credentials to become the next Liverpool manager.

G: Last day of 2004/05 season. West Brom bottom of table going into last day but avoiding the drop by beating Pompey 2-0. Celebrations from both sets of supporters as this result meant Southampton would do the drop.

No Mip, not the WBA V Portsmouth game in 2004-2005 season. We are looking for event/events in a particular premiership game that were quite unusual.

T'Pau
Youth Team Sub

Jan 15, 2010, 11:17 AM

Team(s): Airbus UK, Chester City RIP.

Post #52 of 57 (1013 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [chris41] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Ooops. Sorry Jamesie Blush I only mentioned you because you'd been the one to identify my avatar. No offence meant mate.

To Chris41 - Did this happen post Jan 1 2000 ?

chris41

Jan 15, 2010, 12:09 PM

Post #53 of 57 (1002 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [T'Pau] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ooops. Sorry Jamesie Blush I only mentioned you because you'd been the one to identify my avatar. No offence meant mate.

To Chris41 - Did this happen post Jan 1 2000 ?

Yes to that T'pau - it was post Jan 1st 2000.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Jan 15, 2010, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #54 of 57 (986 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [chris41] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Wow - pacts and bribery, traumatic injury, Swedish psychopaths and mass-mobilisation of angry paperchasers to march on Chester... and this is only my 2nd game!

[btw T'Pau - I used to follow "the South" everywhere in the 80's Crazy so knew the piccie in the avatar without Jamesie's help!)

Anyway Chris - I'll have a guess: was it the 3 own goals scored by Sunderland in 7 minutes in their home defeat to Charlton, Feb 2003? Stephen Wright, current captain of Coventry, getting one of them (and reminding us again of his prowess against Pompey this week Tongue)

chris41

Jan 15, 2010, 2:12 PM

Post #55 of 57 (971 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wow - pacts and bribery, traumatic injury, Swedish psychopaths and mass-mobilisation of angry paperchasers to march on Chester... and this is only my 2nd game!

[btw T'Pau - I used to follow "the South" everywhere in the 80's Crazy so knew the piccie in the avatar without Jamesie's help!)

Anyway Chris - I'll have a guess: was it the 3 own goals scored by Sunderland in 7 minutes in their home defeat to Charlton, Feb 2003? Stephen Wright, current captain of Coventry, getting one of them (and reminding us again of his prowess against Pompey this week Tongue)

Congratulations you are correct - we have a winner !!!!!! well done

The event that I chose was the 2003 Premier League match between Sunderland and Charlton Which Charlton won 3-1. All three of Charltons goals were own goals scored by Sunderland Players inside a 7 minute period.

http://www.soccerbase.com/...ts3.sd?gameid=383294
http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/...on-3-79310-12596959/

Now the reason I chose this event was seeing Steven Wrights 90th minute tragic own goal in the Coventry v Portsmouth FA cup replay reminded me he was also one of those players who scored in his own net in that Sunderland V Charlton match in 2003.

So over to you.Paul

(This post was edited by chris41 on Jan 15, 2010, 2:15 PM)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Jan 15, 2010, 3:11 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #56 of 57 (958 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
What the he*l's been going on today? The new guy's one get's solved and I get blame for it????? I hope them programme mad hoppers [..]

Don't swear Jamesie! I know your frustration, but swearing is not the right way to go. Last time, you got away with it, but this time I want the moderator here to hand out a yellow card to you. If you swear again in this thread/game, you'll get a read card and probably a suspension. Also, you need to control yourself in the near future not to receive another yellow card that might cause suspension.

Got to say Lars, that is the most confused I've ever been on this forum, after reading this. I meant that since I'd last posted a game had been solved, and I was blamed for it. No swearing involved... etc. etc. I'm the moderator etc. etc. I'm still confused over the resst of the post. Crazy

Jamesie, I have now highlighted your swearing in this thread (although I masked one of the letters). Wink So you are the referee/moderator here?? No wonder you have so many victories!! Wink
No, just joking, I know you're the moderator here. But I still think you could give yourself a yellow card, or at least make a mark in your notebook.
Sheffield surely have made some football history, with your club being the world's olderst, Hallam having their old ground, and you appearing like and old... no I mean and you creating(?) this great 20Q competition for us!
You're a positive influence regarding this message board's popularity, and a legend when it comes to solving 20Q's, so don't worry about me/us sometimes feeling like teasing you a bit. Wink

By the way, it was a good choice of correct answer.
But I have to say the skill of you new guys here makes me a bit fearful that I won't have a January win so that I can continue with my series of at least one win per month.

And regarding famous people from Sundsvall, there are actually some. For example the legendary premier league star Tomas Brolin went to school there (same school as me), as well as played for one of the town's teams!

T'Pau
Youth Team Sub

Jan 15, 2010, 7:33 PM

Team(s): Airbus UK, Chester City RIP.

Post #57 of 57 (939 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #230 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Lars, we really don't consider that swearing in England. Blush That is what you call a mild curse, like damn and flipping or bloody. Don't be offended, because I'm sure no one else is on this board.

Looking back I guess you are right in saying the bloke is a legend, although I'm not going to publicise the little PM conversation we've just had. He's not that old apparently Wink and I've just found out pretty good at handling the mickey taking.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3