CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 22, 2009, 9:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 6 (17052 views)
Shortcut
CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm moving this forum from the 'nlpl.co.uk' domain to the new site 'nonleaguematters.co.uk' domain.

No data will be lost, your log in details will remain the same.

Traffic will re-direct from the old to the new domain automatically (I hope) but you should still update any bookmarks and access the forum through the nonleaguematters.co.uk domain in the future once the change is made.

The reason for this, although it may hurt search engine standings and traffic for the forum in the short term, is to increase the visibility of the nonleaguematters domain. It's also much neater as this is considered to be the forum for that site therefore it's in the long term interest to have all the traffic going through the same domain.

This change will be made in the next 24 - 48 hours.

The NLM project has been a little negelected recently, sorry about that, but I hope to be able to make an announcement regarding this very shortly. I am hoping this will indicate when the new site is likely to go live.

Thanks

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Dec 26, 2009, 10:56 AM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #2 of 6 (16346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ever since the change of domain name I've not been logged in automatically, having to log in at each visit, even though my username and password are stored.
Is it something at my end (eg. I use Chrome, but then again I did when it was nlpl) or something that admin can fix?

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Dec 26, 2009, 12:52 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #3 of 6 (16325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have to log in at one computer, but not the other two. I've had problems with the "remember me" - it seems as if I can't have that crossed/checked in order to be able to log in. Still, with it unchecked/uncrossed, it's able to remember me on two out of three computers.

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 28, 2009, 12:12 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 6 (16232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know.... is the short answer. I've not experienced anything similar myself.

Something to do with cookies stored on your machine(s) no doubt but that's always been a bit of a mystery to me

SeanM
Youth Team Star

Dec 28, 2009, 5:22 PM

Team(s): Manchester United (since before Beckham and Buffy!)

Post #5 of 6 (16209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] CHANGE OF FORUM ADDRESS [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't know.... is the short answer. I've not experienced anything similar myself.

Something to do with cookies stored on your machine(s) no doubt but that's always been a bit of a mystery to me

It is a "cookie"-related phenomenon. If cookies are cleared, I always have to log-in twice (that, I believe, is a problem with the site code). However, if cookies have not been cleared, I can always return to the site, even after browser restarts or re-boots, without logging in again. The "cookie" settings are:

For IE7 (Internet Explorer 7)

Go to "Tools ---> Internet Options", click on the "Privacy" tab. For settings of "Medium", click on the button "Advanced". If the box "Override automatic cookie handling" is NOT checked, cookies should be properly retained. If that box IS checked, "First Party Cookies" MUST be set to "Accept".

Next, click "OK", and return to the "Settings" screen, and click "Sites". Scroll through the list of "Managed websites", and look for "nonleaguematters.co.uk". If present, make certain it is set to "Allow". If it is NOT present, you must add it, as follows: in the box "Address of website", enter "nonleaguematters.co.uk" (without the quote marks), and click "Allow". Close and restart your browser (IE7).

For IE8 (Internet Explorer 8)

Should be the same, but I do not have IE8.

Firefox

Under "Tools ---> Options", click "Privacy", and make certain that "Accept cookies from sites" is checked. To be certain that the forum's cookies are retained, click "Exceptions", and follow the procedure as for IE7 (scan the list, and if not present, add "nonleaguematters.co.uk", clicking "Allow").

NB: For Firefox 3.5 and up, make certain that the top option on the "Privacy" tab is set to "Use custom settings for history". Also, do not start a "private browsing" session (no cookies!).

Lastly, for all versions of Firefox, 2.0.0 & up, make certain that if you clear anything ("Clear Private Data" or "Clear Recent History") when the browser shuts down, that you do NOT clear cookies!

Opera, Safari and Chrome

Rarely use the forum under Opera, and never have done so under Safari or Chrome. Will test in the near future.

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . as sleep brings dreams of home.”
-- Christopher Columbus

"Welcome to the New World"
-- Jack Ryan

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Feb 14, 2010, 10:10 AM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #6 of 6 (15377 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ever since the change of domain name I've not been logged in automatically, having to log in at each visit, even though my username and password are stored.
Is it something at my end (eg. I use Chrome, but then again I did when it was nlpl) or something that admin can fix?

With effect from this weekend, (13 Feb) I'm logged in automatically. Once again I wonder, is it Chrome that's changed, or the forum?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3