vienna1964 (Angus)

steve walker
Administrator

Oct 29, 2009, 1:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 11 (23865 views)
Shortcut
vienna1964 (Angus) Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have heard from Mrs Angus this morning.

Angus has reacted badly to newly prescribed tablets for depression and will not be around on the forum for a while as he is undergoing a lot of outpatient tests. She says he is okay but needs to rest a lot until the medicine he has been taking wears off.

Angus is apparently "very embarrassed" by the fuss he caused on the forum which has upset him a great deal. Mrs Angus finishes with "If anyone wants to send him a message, tell them Ill look in from time to time and Ill pass on their wishes"

Thanks

Steve_HFC
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 29, 2009, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth

Post #2 of 11 (23850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think the only thing that needs to be said is this.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Angus.

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Oct 29, 2009, 1:43 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #3 of 11 (23848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have heard from Mrs Angus this morning.

Angus has reacted badly to newly prescribed tablets for depression and will not be around on the forum for a while as he is undergoing a lot of outpatient tests. She says he is okay but needs to rest a lot until the medicine he has been taking wears off.

Angus is apparently "very embarrassed" by the fuss he caused on the forum which has upset him a great deal. Mrs Angus finishes with "If anyone wants to send him a message, tell them Ill look in from time to time and Ill pass on their wishes"

Thanks

Messages here in this thread, or PM's?

Anyway...
I wish he soon feels better!
I also in the future wish to see more of him on the messageboard, as I believe he used to post a lot more here earlier on.
And I wish Yeovil continues to do well in League 1! Wink

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Oct 29, 2009, 3:41 PM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #4 of 11 (23819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steve_HFC] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think the only thing that needs to be said is this.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Angus.

apart from the fact that many of us have made a t*t of ourselves typing before thinking - alchohol, drugs 'swine flu etc
If I was casting the first stone I fear it may hit me square between the eyes - which is why I won't

One big difference here is Angus despite not feeling well has been man enough to apologise - not sure every one could look in the mirror and say that

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 29, 2009, 10:09 PM

Post #5 of 11 (23742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Angus, I'm sorry to hear you're going through what is, especially considering all the other things you have had to put up with health wise in recent years, a really tough time. Despite this, I certainly don't think we've seen the last of you. You're far too stubborn for that!! (I'm right, aren't I, Mrs Vienna. Wink) Nevertheless, we all understand that it will take time for you to get back to form. So have a rest, get well, and we'll wait for your return.

Oh yes, any chance of you writing one of your opus's while you're resting up? Cool

Get well soon mate.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 24, 2010, 12:48 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #6 of 11 (21194 views)
Shortcut

Regards Mr. vienna, I can update his progress a little for those who remain interested - he's slowly recovering himself following his (psychotic) episode - which was produced by a combination of stress, a changed drug regimen and a hitherto undiagnosed degenerative brain disease beginning to show itself. He's now gotten much better treatment and different drugs which seem to help him a great deal and is now stabilised, but until Xmas he was back and forth to the hospital on a virtually daily basis since his 'explosion'!

He's still not really able to cope with internet communications though, so his Mrs. and occasionally myself deal with his electronic business for him.

Inherited by AngusGF

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

Jan 24, 2010, 12:53 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #7 of 11 (21190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you for the update Kernovian.

If you get to read this Angus (Or Mrs FF for that matter) good luck in your ongoing travails. As a larger than life character, you are greatly missed on this forum.

Darren

Grounds Visited 312
Last New Ground: Charlton Athletic
Last Game: Gillingham 3-1 Charlton Athletic
Pre-Season Friendly 20.07.19
Games In Season 2019-20: 6
New Grounds This Season: 0
Goals This Season: 22
Ave goals per game: 3.67

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Jan 24, 2010, 5:29 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #8 of 11 (21158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Regards Mr. vienna, I can update his progress a little for those who remain interested - he's slowly recovering himself following his (psychotic) episode - which was produced by a combination of stress, a changed drug regimen and a hitherto undiagnosed degenerative brain disease beginning to show itself. He's now gotten much better treatment and different drugs which seem to help him a great deal and is now stabilised, but until Xmas he was back and forth to the hospital on a virtually daily basis since his 'explosion'!

He's still not really able to cope with internet communications though, so his Mrs. and occasionally myself deal with his electronic business for him.

Thank you for the update!
Not sure though how to feel about it. It's good if he's getting better! But on the other hand, it seems he has had (and still have) a tougher time than I expected. I'm of course curious about the brain disease, i.e. how it might manifest, but can understand if you don't want to go into detall regarding it.
Best wishes for Angus and those around him!

UKPunk

Jan 24, 2010, 6:26 PM

Post #9 of 11 (21147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Get well soon Angus. I for one miss the occasional opus!! Cool

Seriously mate, take it slowly and come back when you feel well enough.

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2016, 12:59 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #10 of 11 (5911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just come across Angus in a Facebook group, and his health problems haven't gone away.
Those of us who remember his well thought out, if rarely brief, contributions, continue to wish him well.

UKPunk

Apr 29, 2016, 8:01 PM

Post #11 of 11 (5821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] vienna1964 (Angus) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad to hear that. I'm not on Facebook but if you message him please give him my regards and wish him well.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3