Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 19, 2009, 7:00 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #1 of 23 (11448 views)
Shortcut
FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw Can't Post or Reply Privately

To be played on 15/11 at 13:00

1) West Lee v Silsden (Sunday)
2) Salisbury Athletic v Paddock
3) Sandstone v Mariners
4) Brow v Mirehouse
5) Queens Park v Lobster
6) Hetton Lyons Cricket Club v Canada
7) Western Approaches v Langley Celtic
8) Huddersfield Irish Centre v Britannia
9) Oyster Martyrs v Witton Park Rose & Crown
10) Kempston St Gym v Shamrocks AFC
11) Shankhouse United v Halton Moor or Flat House
12) Dengo United v AFC Blackburn Leisure
14) Poulton Royal v JOB
15) Magnet Tavern v Loughborough Saints
16) Belt Road v Wisbech St Mary
17) Birstall Stamford v Bartley Green Sunday
18) Thatch v Warstones Wanderers (Sunday)
19) Barwell Sports Bar v Travellers
20) Enfield Rangers v Stanbridge & Tilsworth
21) Royal Falcons v Bungay Town
22) Bury Park Saracens v Sungate
23) North West Neasden v Hammer
24) Comets Sports Club v Northampton Trotters
25) Unity Nirankari v Club Lewsey
26) Bedfont Sunday v Westoning
27) Wycombe Town v Gossoms End
28) Greyhound v Lakeside Athletic
29) Downend v Knighton Arms
30) Whitenap v Lebeq Tavern Courage
31) Windmill v Goring Rangers
32) Hazelhurst v Brixton United

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Oct 19, 2009, 7:01 PM)

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 19, 2009, 9:46 PM

Post #2 of 23 (11424 views)
Shortcut
Re: FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What are Enfield Rangers doing in the draw? I thought they were a youth team?! Shocked

(This post was edited by stevegraze on Oct 19, 2009, 10:09 PM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 19, 2009, 9:58 PM

Post #3 of 23 (11421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What are Enfield Rangers doing in the draw? I thought they were a youth team?! Shocked

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick google of Enfield Rangers did lead me to a youth team set up but according to the FA, Enfield Rangers are members of the Waltham Sunday league.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 19, 2009, 10:13 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 23 (11416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nothing like a good google. Wish more people would try www.mercurywalthamleague.co.uk

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

AndrewG
First Team Star

Oct 19, 2009, 10:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 23 (11412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Before anyone asks the reason why there is no tie 13 is that holders Scots Grey were exempt to this round but have since folded. Swanfield are missing from the draw, so they presumably came out against Scots Grey at tie 13 and now receive a bye.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 19, 2009, 10:33 PM

Post #6 of 23 (11407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thats my guess, as in recent seasons, the FA have made the finalists from the previous season exempt until the 2nd round.

From what I can see, there is no confirmation on the FA website that Scots Grey have withdrawn from the competition, which is strange, as they have confirmed that 3 other sides were given walkovers due to teams withdrawing. They'll probably do this when the 2nd round results are known Crazy

AndrewG
First Team Star

Oct 19, 2009, 10:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 23 (11404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ian, their withdrawal is confirmed in the FA Sunday Cup handbook.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 19, 2009, 10:48 PM

Post #8 of 23 (11399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ian, their withdrawal is confirmed in the FA Sunday Cup handbook.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really must get one of them!!!

I'll call the Competitions Dept @ the FA.

Loiner
First Team Star

Oct 19, 2009, 11:54 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #9 of 23 (11390 views)
Shortcut

I understandfrom a reliable source that the Halton Moor v Flat House 1st round tie was abandoned after 23 minutes with Halton Moor 1 up. Seem to have been some fisticuffs!
Could lead to another bye.

Yorkie
Ballboy/girl

Oct 20, 2009, 12:24 PM

Post #10 of 23 (11342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I understandfrom a reliable source that the Halton Moor v Flat House 1st round tie was abandoned after 23 minutes with Halton Moor 1 up. Seem to have been some fisticuffs!

I was there and can assure you it was World War 3 ! Halton Moor were winning 1 nil when it went off on the Scousers touchline. They all piled on and started fighting with the Halton Moor players. Big mistake by the Scousers who bang up for it - they were playing one of the toughest teams in Leeds who have a big following. All the Halton Moor crowd rushed on and it was all hell broke loose for 10 minutes. The Scousers were lucky to get out of the place alive in the end. Both will be kicked out in my opinion.

leicestercity
Ballboy/girl

Oct 20, 2009, 4:18 PM

Post #11 of 23 (11306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorkie] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi new to this site..watched a game on sunday locally Robinsons Garage v Magnet Tavern. I was very very very shocked just how good the football was. The score was 5-1 to the Magnet Tavern a pub side from Boston. Who are the decent sides in this comp as would like to watch some more games??? The Magnet Tavern looked a class act who seemed very professional in the approach to the game. With a forward playing who played in the premier league within the last 5 years!!

Shame i have only just found out about this comp at the age of 45....ha

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2009, 5:45 PM

Post #12 of 23 (11291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leicestercity] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi new to this site..watched a game on sunday locally Robinsons Garage v Magnet Tavern. I was very very very shocked just how good the football was. The score was 5-1 to the Magnet Tavern a pub side from Boston. Who are the decent sides in this comp as would like to watch some more games??? The Magnet Tavern looked a class act who seemed very professional in the approach to the game. With a forward playing who played in the premier league within the last 5 years!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think a lot more hoppers and fellow posters on this forum would be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the competition. One of the sides I saw at the weekend, Lindley WMC from Huddersfield, were mostly made up of players from Bay Athletic, who have been a leading light in the West Riding County Amateur league for several years now. I know for a fact that they fielded ex Wakefield and Mossley players on Sunday. And still lost 3-0 !!!!!

I think some people still tend to see the Sunday Cup as the Dog & Duck v Red Lion, with 22 hungover 16 stone porkers who can't play football to save their life, rather than including players who currently play for clubs as high up the pyramid as steps 2 and 3.

As for watching decent sides, it depends on how far you want to travel. Magnet Tavern are at home to Loughborough Saints (game due to be played at Boston Town) in the 2nd round.

Birstall Stamford are also at home and they have a decent FA Sunday Cup pedigree, reaching the semi-finals in 2006 and 2007. They played their first round home game at Birstall United's ground. I don't know if he still plays for Birstall but Kris Nurse played for them when they reached the semis. He's scored 97 goals in 140 appearances for Loughborough Dynamo. Not bad for a 'pub' player WinkWinkWink

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Oct 20, 2009, 5:54 PM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2009, 6:40 PM

Post #13 of 23 (11286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorkie] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was there and can assure you it was World War 3 ! Halton Moor were winning 1 nil when it went off on the Scousers touchline. They all piled on and started fighting with the Halton Moor players. Big mistake by the Scousers who bang up for it - they were playing one of the toughest teams in Leeds who have a big following. All the Halton Moor crowd rushed on and it was all hell broke loose for 10 minutes. The Scousers were lucky to get out of the place alive in the end. Both will be kicked out in my opinion.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A similar thing happened back in a 1st round game in the 2007/08 season, when a game between Buttershaw White Star (Bradford) and Copplehouse (Liverpool) erupted and was abandoned on 51 minutes due to player and spectator 'misconduct'.

Both sides were removed and Hetton Lyons were given a 'walkover' in to the 3rd round. Buttershaw applied this season but were still denied entry, despite a letter supporting their reinstatement from local MP and Minister for Sport, Gerry Sutcliffe.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 20, 2009, 8:30 PM

Post #14 of 23 (11263 views)
Shortcut
FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A lot of people don't take the Sunday comps seriously, and don't realise how high the quality is. They have a blind spot for the words "Sunday football". But isn't Wayne Rooney's brother playing in this comp? Also North West Neasden of the Maccabi League are a good outfit. Got to the semi-finals of the LFA Sunday Challenge Cup last year.

Another thread about how shockingly high the standard of Sunday football is - especially in southern areas where there is a lack of pyramid leagues:

http://nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=199610;guest=14408323#199610

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2009, 9:05 PM

Post #15 of 23 (11253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A lot of people don't take the Sunday comps seriously, and don't realise how high the quality is. They have a blind spot for the words "Sunday football". But isn't Wayne Rooney's brother playing in this comp? Also North West Neasden of the Maccabi League are a good outfit. Got to the semi-finals of the LFA Sunday Challenge Cup last year.

Another thread about how shockingly high the standard of Sunday football is - especially in southern areas where there is a lack of pyramid leagues:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was last season. I'm not sure about this, as Oyster Martyrs are exempt until the 2nd round. Oyster are managed by Wayne Rooney's uncle, Richie. Wayne's cousin (Thomas) and brother (Graham) both play.

Apparantly, one of the many scouse sides in this seasons competition contain relatives of Steven Gerrard. I'm not sure which one.

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Oct 20, 2009, 9:06 PM)

scottywalds
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2009, 9:05 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #16 of 23 (11253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leicestercity] FA Sunday Cup - 2nd Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Shame i have only just found out about this comp at the age of 45....ha

Who was that?

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2009, 9:27 PM

Post #17 of 23 (11245 views)
Shortcut

Steven Gerrard's brother and cousin are playing for Paddock.

leicestercity
Ballboy/girl

Oct 20, 2009, 9:37 PM

Post #18 of 23 (11240 views)
Shortcut

Julian Joachim ex Leicester and villa come off the bench for magnet tavern....still class!!

scottywalds
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2009, 11:31 PM

Post #19 of 23 (11217 views)
Shortcut

I had an inkling. Lives just outside the town, but plays for Quorn

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 21, 2009, 8:55 AM

Post #20 of 23 (11180 views)
Shortcut

Good grief, they had Joachim on the BENCH?! Shocked

leicestercity
Ballboy/girl

Oct 21, 2009, 9:59 AM

Post #21 of 23 (11171 views)
Shortcut

Thats exactly what I thought...Does anyone know who the manager is of the Magnet Tavern? He seemed very organised in preperation etc they had Marvin Johnson ex Luton Town as their coach and all in all the club looked like a football league club. Surely this guy must manage on Saturday somewhere decent to have contacts like this??

scottywalds
First Team Star

Oct 21, 2009, 11:32 PM

Post #22 of 23 (11102 views)
Shortcut

John Chand is the manager

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 24, 2009, 10:10 PM

Post #23 of 23 (10898 views)
Shortcut

I've just read the following article on the Yorkshire Evening Post website, which reports on the shenanigans in last Sunday's game between Halton Moor and Flathouse:

Leeds: Amateur cup match abandoned after brawl

A top amateur football cup match in Leeds had to be abandoned after a mass brawl by rival players and fans. Referee Keith Butler called a halt to the National FA Carlsberg Sunday Cup match just 20 minutes into the game between Leeds side Halton Moor FC and Flat House FC, from Liverpool.

A Football Association inquiry has been launched into the disturbance at Whitkirk Wanderers' ground last Sunday.

Halton Moor manager Danny Walsh described how trouble flared 20 minutes into the game when one of his players was sent off for a bad tackle on an opponent. He told the YEP: "There had been a few bad challenges already then one of our players was deservedly given a red card.

"It happened right on (Flat House's] touchline and their spectators jumped over the fence and started attacking our players."

A witness, who asked not to be named, said: "The game was abandoned by the ref after what can only be described as a mass brawl on the pitch.

"It was like watching something from the bad old days of football in the 60s and 70s. At one point I was in fear for the safety of my two sons."

It is not thought anyone was badly hurt in the incident and police did not need to attend the Selby Road ground.

Mr Walsh added: "The trouble probably lasted for about five minutes. The referee said he was calling the game off and most people walked away and left them to it.

"I made sure my players got back safely to the changing rooms and later made sure the Flat House players got back onto their bus safely. That was the end of the matter.

"We are gutted that this has happened to be honest. We don't have a bad disciplinary record. We were winning 1-0 at the time and comfortably the better team. We were confident of going on to win the cup."
Flat House secretary George Mallon declined to comment on the incident, until the outcome of the FA investigation.

John Riordan, West Riding County FA Governance Manager, confirmed reports into the incident had been received and the matter would be dealt with on November 9.

A decision on both clubs' progress in the competition will now be taken at national FA level. Halton Moor are the current champions of the Leeds Sunday League.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3