Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Grounds in TV progs or films

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 4, 2019, 8:10 PM

Post #251 of 265 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looks like Gigg Lane is still open for business despite the goings on with Bury. Sly

I'm very worried about Eileen though.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 5, 2019, 11:51 AM

Team(s):

Post #252 of 265 (2055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looks like Gigg Lane is still open for business despite the goings on with Bury. Sly

Looked pretty windy down the road at Old Trafford yesterday, so hopefully the ashes (not those ones) will have blown away before Bury get to play on there again.

jamesisaburyfan
Ballboy/girl

Sep 6, 2019, 3:02 PM

Post #253 of 265 (1664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When ITV3 (or ITV4, I can't remember) were repeating old episodes of The Bill, I'm sure I remember watching one where there was a police shootout on the pitch at Plough Lane. Does anyone else remember this?

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 6, 2019, 6:22 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #254 of 265 (1569 views)
Shortcut

normally they would postpone the episode in respect of the dead

Mark Hardy
First Team Sub

Sep 6, 2019, 6:48 PM

Team(s): Farnborough

Post #255 of 265 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jamesisaburyfan] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
When ITV3 (or ITV4, I can't remember) were repeating old episodes of The Bill, I'm sure I remember watching one where there was a police shootout on the pitch at Plough Lane. Does anyone else remember this?

Yep, it was when we had the likes of Don Beech around. They have also used Raynes Park and Kingstonian.

These were recently on Drama, which is now showing 2003 episodes, Watch is showing episodes closer to when it was ended. Bloody ITV.

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Sep 6, 2019, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #256 of 265 (1492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jamesisaburyfan] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The studios are less than 2 miles from Plough Lane with Sun Hill Police Station still standing on Deer Park Road; all one metre width of it. Signage is down as The Bill is no longer filmed but the studios are still in use. I had a contract with them and accompanied Tom Conti down the red carpet at the Premier of one of their films in Leicester Square, totally losing all credibility when interviewed by one of the hostesses by calling him Tom Stoppard.

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 8:29 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #257 of 265 (1290 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Aye no wonder Steve dale wanted them to be booted out the league so Weatherfield county could move in. Wonder when a game will be shown there live with the new tenants

You wanted the best, you got the best

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:00 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #258 of 265 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barely an episode goes by without mention of the club or Tommy O. Does no-one support City or United around that part of Manchester. Tongue

scottywalds
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #259 of 265 (1137 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Barely an episode goes by without mention of the club or Tommy O. Does no-one support City or United around that part of Manchester. Tongue

I'm sure Curly Watts and Les Battersby were big City fans.

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 9, 2019, 4:41 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #260 of 265 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm sure Curly Watts and Les Battersby were big City fans.

Curly was a United fan but Kevin Kennedy, who played him, is a City fan.

I think you're right about Les Battersby though. Pretty sure I remember him in a sky blue shirt with "brother" on the front.

Now those names take me back a-ways

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 6:49 PM

Post #261 of 265 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Used to get characters supporting the bigger teams like man u and city, kevin webster even mocked tyrone for supporting weatherfield county and now weatherfield county seem to be the only team mentioned. Maybe with that james playing for them we may see the manager on screen and a game show

rebus
Youth Team Regular

Sep 9, 2019, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Wroxham & Barnet

Post #262 of 265 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

David Barlow (Ken's brother) played for Weatherfield County. Don't know if they get a mention on the show any more,

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 9, 2019, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #263 of 265 (985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebus] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
David Barlow (Ken's brother) played for Weatherfield County. Don't know if they get a mention on the show any more,

He got a mention from Daniel on the Friday episode. Moved to Australia where he died.

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 9:11 PM

Post #264 of 265 (626 views)
Shortcut

Got northern lights on dvd the other day and when colin and howie (robson green and mark benton) were playing in a works charity tournament and the ground was moor lane, salford city. Looked like a park pitch, very ramshackle. No one would have imagined when the show was made in 2006 what moor lane would be like now

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 17, 2019, 10:38 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #265 of 265 (584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Grounds in TV progs or films [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Got northern lights on dvd the other day and when colin and howie (robson green and mark benton) were playing in a works charity tournament and the ground was moor lane, salford city. Looked like a park pitch, very ramshackle. No one would have imagined when the show was made in 2006 what moor lane would be like now

I haven't seen the TV programme in question, but I would not describe Salford City's ground as being like a park pitch, even in their NWCL days.
It was always superior to other grounds in that league as it had a (relatively) huge stand and plenty of grass banking on the other side.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3