Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Archive: Prediction League:
NLCL 1st results

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target / Moderator

Aug 10, 2009, 1:08 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #1 of 88 (52969 views)
Shortcut
NLCL 1st results Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having been away for ther last few days, getting in all the entries hasn't left me any time for commentary this week, so please check I have transcribed your entries correctly.

A few quick points though:
bbcgull leads the overall scores, and also has the highest step 5 score, followed by SuperKev on both counts. JonM is 3rd overall.
tomschman leads the step 1-4 scores, but is 3rd last on step5, so is mid-table overall
tjwoody is the only tipper with a negative step 1-4 score, but is midtable on step 5, which counts more so far
Darren Lovell trails in last on step 5 and overallPirate

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (832) Kaliningrad Croatia 2-0 Nigeria
With FC United: 130
On the agenda:
July 11: Olimpic Ljubljana v Qarabag
July 13: Fc United of Manchester v FC Winterthur
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (242 KB)

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 10, 2009, 1:17 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #2 of 88 (52942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers oftenscore6. Wow not bad for a debutant i'll take 1st place!!!!! Paigntonnick, where are ya? where are ya?

Cheers for running this OS6

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 11, 2009, 9:54 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #3 of 88 (52905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Cheers oftenscore6. Wow not bad for a debutant i'll take 1st place!!!!! Paigntonnick, where are ya? where are ya?

Cheers for running this OS6

Just biding my time...Wink I'll get my revenge in Vienna's comp don't worry..Cool

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

Jon M
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 11, 2009, 12:58 PM

Post #4 of 88 (52895 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Having been away for ther last few days, getting in all the entries hasn't left me any time for commentary this week, so please check I have transcribed your entries correctly.

A few quick points though:
bbcgull leads the overall scores, and also has the highest step 5 score, followed by SuperKev on both counts. JonM is 3rd overall.
tomschman leads the step 1-4 scores, but is 3rd last on step5, so is mid-table overall
tjwoody is the only tipper with a negative step 1-4 score, but is midtable on step 5, which counts more so far
Darren Lovell trails in last on step 5 and overallPirate

Right, stop it now........please, dont let me plummet.....!

tjwoody
Youth Team Regular

Aug 11, 2009, 5:35 PM

Post #5 of 88 (52870 views)
Shortcut

I always thought introducing step 5 clubs a good idea!!Wink I suppose at least i got a mention...Tongue

oftenscore6

Aug 11, 2009, 5:37 PM

Post #6 of 88 (52868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjwoody] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I always thought introducing step 5 clubs a good idea!!Wink I suppose at least i got a mention...Tongue

Picking a team starting on -10 Shocked was always going to make it a tough start!

On the agenda:

tjwoody
Youth Team Regular

Aug 11, 2009, 10:14 PM

Post #7 of 88 (52846 views)
Shortcut

Your right! I have faith they will do a 'leeds' in what they did a few seasons back as all my other predictions will come true...i hopeCrazy

oftenscore6

Aug 16, 2009, 5:59 PM

Post #8 of 88 (52752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Not doing too badly, you're still in 2nd!

This probably the most volatile week there will be, there are a few big moves. The new leader is Gray, coming up from 23rd place! Other big moves are Hawkwind (from 21st to 3rd), SparkyRebel (from 35th to 4th) and pitch 63 (43rd to 6th, gaining a massive 60 points!) and marke (42nd to 13th). Slipping down are Mek (6th to 29th), VP (14th to 35th), Seadog41 (12th to 42nd) and modelhobbies (18th to 46th).

Top/bottom of Step 1-4 are:
Football Man (52)
Pitch 63 (51)
T P (48)
-----------
mnewz (7)
Doody (6)
modelhobbies (0)

Step 5:
SuperKev! (60)
bbcgull (53)
SparkyRebel (45)
--------------
howaythebay (16)
Darren Lovell (11)
coops (5)

leaving modelhobbies (31); Doody (30) and coops (19) in the relegation spots for now Blush. Very early days though!

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (250 KB)

oftenscore6

Aug 23, 2009, 1:51 PM

Post #9 of 88 (52653 views)
Shortcut

We have another new leader who was outside the top 20 last week - step forward slough_womble, gaining a massive 55 points to move from 24th to 1st! That wasn't the biggest points gain though, as DarrenLovell gained 57 and takes the lead in the step 1-4 table and 2nd place overall. Up into 3rd (and 2nd in step 1-4) is err... myselfBlush. HonestAngelic. 3rd in step 1-4 is newbie marke.

All the top 3 in step 5 are a little lower down overall - bbcgull moves from 2nd to 1st in that competition, but drops to 18th overall due to doing rather less well in step 1-4. Previous leader SuperKev! improved his points at step 5 but is now 2 points behind bbcgull. Up into 3rd is Felix, just a point back from SuperKev! Down at the foot in step 5 competition, coops gained 10 points but is still last - though he has moved up to 2nd last overall. Howaythebay is also still struggling on the step 5 front, but healthy on step 1-4. RussWWFC has the same number of step 5 points as howaythebay.

At step 1-4, modelhobbies has achieved a unique treble in the Isthmian tips - relegation places currently for each of Kingstonian, Tilbury and Ashford Town (Kent)! Those teams have a solitary point between them so far... Not surprisingly, that has had a disastrous impact on modelhobbies competition position - with only Guiseley (5th) and Staines (8th) contributing positively to his step 4 score of -10 and an overall week score of -11Shocked, putting him into last overall. 2nd last in step 4 is Doody (11 - but he has moved up overall) and 3rd last is paignton-nick. Third last overall is tomschman.

I have added the 'Favourites' - the most selected side in each division.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores.xls (178 KB)

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2009, 2:23 PM

Post #10 of 88 (52645 views)
Shortcut

A few of us seem to have disappeared.
Last week there were 48 entries listed, this week 37.

Or am I missing something?

**edit** I think I've sussed it - your latest attachment is from last season.

(This post was edited by VP on Aug 23, 2009, 2:28 PM)

oftenscore6

Aug 23, 2009, 11:16 PM

Post #11 of 88 (52614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BlushBlushBlush
This year's now attached!

Sorry I haven't corrected the Conf Nth table for the Ilkeston-Hyde result, which appeared elsewhere incorrectly, but no-one is affected by more than 1 point.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (266 KB)

slough_womble
Youth Team Regular

Aug 30, 2009, 11:15 AM

Team(s): AFC Wimbledon, Burnham

Post #12 of 88 (52456 views)
Shortcut

What can I say but top of the league I will make the most of it while I can as sure it will all change after bank holiday matches!!

Was on holiday last week so thats why only just crowing but did look in the non-league paper and had a feeling I did well through the results of teams I could remember but never expected to be top of the league.

womble till I die!!!!!!!!!!

oftenscore6

Aug 30, 2009, 8:36 PM

Post #13 of 88 (52417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slough_womble] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You've slipped off top spot, slough_womble, but still doing very well, in 2nd overall, and 2nd at step 5 too!

The new leader is previous 7th place occupant, northstandexile, who gained 25 points this week (the most). Mansfield have made a good start and so it's looking good all around for him! Northstandexile is also in 3rd in step 1-4 table, a point behind Steve_HFC, but Steve is mid-table as he is not doing so well in step 5. Leading the step 1-4 is myselfBlush; and I remain 3rd overall. Struggling in the step 1-4 setup are still RussWWFC (3rd last, 20), paignton-nick (2nd last, 18) and modehobbies (-9 - a gain on Tilbury, but Guiseley slipped out of the top 8). Perhaps ominously, last years winner Pat B, entered the top 10 overall

In the step 5 comp, Felix now leads the way with 67, but has actually slipped overall due to his step 1-4 selections! Overtaking him overall, and moving into 3rd in the step 5 comp is newbie Mountaineer (with 2 top and 4 2nd places). Coops is still the back of the pack, with Hailsham falling into the relegation spots, but fatbury had a disastrous week (losing the most, -17), with Runcorn slipping and Bishop Auckland now in a relegation spot. Both are fortunate there is no Kent league relegation, as both selected Fisher, who this week climbed from last to 2nd lastPirate. Howaythebay is 3rd last (and also had the 2nd worst week, -15), but all 3 step 5 strugglers are outside the bottom 3 overall. Overall, modelhobbies is still in the wooden spoon position, with andy 1886 and RussWWFC both slipping into the bottom 3 in 3rd and 2nd last respectively.

The other big movers this week, not mentioned above, are mnewz, 2nd best gain with +22 and Tweety +21 who, despite his fears to the contrary, is doing better at step 5 than 1-4Wink! Football Man slipped -7.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (266 KB)

oftenscore6

Sep 6, 2009, 6:34 PM

Post #14 of 88 (52224 views)
Shortcut

This week saw northstandexile retain top spot overall (145) and whilst he lost 3rd spot in step 1-4, he stormed the step 5 this week (Scarborough, Shortwood, Wick) and now leads that comp by 7 points (84) - despite picking up a minus 5 for Harefield United! The new step 1-4 leader (68), and 2nd overall (140) is myself Blush. Darren Lovell moves up from 4th to 3rd - and is also 3rd in the step 5 competition (74) and equal 2nd at step 1-4 (62). Sarumio nips into equal 2nd at step 1-4. Felix remains in the top 3 at step 5, in 2nd (77).

Modelhobbies still trails in last on step 1-4 (-10) and overall (33). Paignton-nick (19) and RussWWFC (21) remain in 2nd and 3rd last at step 1-4, though both gained slightly. A great week for coops saw him move out of the bottom 3 at step 5 thanks to Scarborough and some small gains. Displacing him at the foot of the step 5 table are andy1886 and Steve_HFC, who both have 20 points. Steve_HFC had a nightmare week with Dover, Northwood and Harefield all suffering and overall dropped 19 points, 12 worse than the next worst performers of the week, tjwoody and Mountaineer. 3rd last in step 5 is now fatbury (22). Overall, RussWWFC (56) swaps 2nd last for 3rd last with andy1886 (47), but his Vase tip, Marlow United, went out in the 1st round. I didn't spot any others out, but most tipped sides didn't play this round.

Top weekly performers were coops (26), Darren Lovell (24) and Doody (23).

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (269 KB)

coops
First Team Sub

Sep 6, 2009, 8:54 PM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #15 of 88 (52209 views)
Shortcut

Top weekly performers were coops (26), Darren Lovell (24) and Doody (23).

Yay!

oftenscore6

Sep 7, 2009, 12:04 PM

Post #16 of 88 (52175 views)
Shortcut

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted an error on the Bridlington Town score Blush. Everyone with Bridlington Town should have an extra 2 points. The only races that affects though are:
1) andy1886's position at step 5 where he should actually be level with fatbury instead of last
2) tjwoody's week wasn't as bad, equal 3rd last instead of equal 2nd last

Correct points will be in next weeks file (hopefully).

On the agenda:

oftenscore6

Sep 14, 2009, 6:18 PM

Post #17 of 88 (51909 views)
Shortcut

Sorry for the delay. I'm in Dusseldorf and couldn't get an Internet connection at the hotel last night and it's a bit flaky tonight, so this will be brief:

A week when standing still was pretty good progress - though tjwoody excelled with a 25 point gain. At the other end of this week's scale was Darren Lovell, who dropped 17 points but still remains 4th. Northstandexile still leads overall and in step 5, I still lead in step 1-4 and am 2nd overall. SparkyRebel moves up to 3rd and modelhobbies is still bringing up the rear.

I should be able to do a more comprehensive run through next weekend.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (273 KB)

tjwoody
Youth Team Regular

Sep 15, 2009, 9:48 PM

Post #18 of 88 (51863 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sorry for the delay. I'm in Dusseldorf and couldn't get an Internet connection at the hotel last night and it's a bit flaky tonight, so this will be brief:

A week when standing still was pretty good progress - though tjwoody excelled with a 25 point gain. At the other end of this week's scale was Darren Lovell, who dropped 17 points but still remains 4th. Northstandexile still leads overall and in step 5, I still lead in step 1-4 and am 2nd overall. SparkyRebel moves up to 3rd and modelhobbies is still bringing up the rear.

If i get that every week that will do meTongue

oftenscore6

Sep 20, 2009, 12:35 PM

Post #19 of 88 (51758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjwoody] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

If i get that every week that will do meTongue

One digit less this week, tjwoody. Remove the 5 from last week and you'll have it.Pirate

Largest gain this week is Jon M (22), followed by coops (21) and Football Man (17). Jon M moves up 18 and coops 12 places as a result. This week's sufferers all had made good gains the previous week and so are still positive for September - fishy (-15, down 17 places), UKPunk (-14, down 19) and MadMick (-11).

Overall, northstandexile still leads and has increased his margin to 12 over me (154-142). Into 3rd are the Favourites (130), with current title holder PatB ominously in 4th (128). At the foot, modelhobbies gained 14 (52) and is now only 5 points behind andy1886 (57). Howaythebay is still 3rd last (65) but now only a single point behind RussWWFC.

In the step 5 comp, northstandexile gained 15 (92), but Felix closed the gap slightly (85, +16). PatB also gained 16 to overtake myself into 3rd place (79). All the previous bottom 3 had good weeks, fatbury moving off the bottom gaining 11 points (36), whilst howaythebay and coops each gained 15 points to exit the bottom 3 altogether. Dropping into the bottom 3 are andy1886 (31) and Steve_HFC (40, level on points with 2 others).

In the step 1-4 comp, I still lead the way with 67 but with the gap over northstandexile reduced to 5. Sarumio gained 6 to move into 3rd, replacing VP. Modelhobbies made good progress at the bottom, up 14 points to 12 as Ashford Town (Kent) and Kingstonian moved out of the relegation spots, but is still last. MadMick's -11 overall actually included a 6 point gain at step 5 and dropping 17 points at step 4 dropped him into 2nd last (19). Howaythebay also balanced a good performance at step 5 with a poor one at step1-4 and drops into the bottom 3 (23), displacing Doody and paignton-nick.

I've posted on the FA comps forum for Vase exemptions for this season. I've put what I think they are but I'm not sure.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (274 KB)

oftenscore6

Sep 28, 2009, 11:16 PM

Post #20 of 88 (51446 views)
Shortcut

The top 3 remain the same after this weekend, but all lost points - northstandexile was the biggest loser this week (-18, 136), followed by myself (-15, 127). The Favourites (-4, 126) remain 3rd and into 4th is DarrenLovell (120). Others who suffered this week were vienna1964, Hawkwind and Steve_HFC, down 15 points each.

Down at the foot, modelhobbies (43) and andy1886 (52) remain in the last 2 spots, but a stellar week from howaythebay (+23) lifted him well clear and MadMick has replaced him in 3rd last (64). 2nd and 3rd this week gain wise were chrisby (18) and T P (16).

Northstandexile's slip sees him just hold onto top spot in the step5 comp (76), now only a point ahead of Felix (75) with SparkyRebel up to 3rd (72). At the foot, Steve_HFC dropped 13 points into last (27), andy1886 remains static on 31 and fatbury 3rd last with 35.

In the step 1-4 comp, the top 3 are also still the same with myself 3 ahead of northstandexile and Sarumio 2 points further back. Modelhobbies slipped back to 6 points, with MadMick and paignton-nick just ahead on 12 points (down 13). Despite this, paignton-nick actually went up overall!

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (274 KB)

oftenscore6

Oct 4, 2009, 6:24 PM

Post #21 of 88 (51185 views)
Shortcut

This week's biggest gain came from RussWWFC gaining an excellent 25pts; followed by Jamesie (22) and keepz1 (19). Russ benefitted from moves to 1st place for Witton, Whitley Bay, Scarborough Athletic, Leiston, Chalfont St Peter and St Neots! At the other end, it was a bad week for Gray (-12), andy1886 (-11) and tjwoody (-10).

Jamesie's gains moved him to the top of the step 5 table (83), as well as moving from 21st to 5th overall. Second overall at step 5 is now the favourites selection (82) and 3rd myself (78). Previous step 5 leader northstandexile dropped a couple of points (74), but there are several people close in. At the foot of the step 5, Steve_HFC (30) made a small improvement and is now 2nd last, with andy1886 slipping into last (24). Fatbury remains static on 35 (3rd last).

The step 1-4 and overall saw a change of leader at each - with northstandexile and myself swapping which comp we lead! Northstandexile now leads the step 1-4 (65), 1 ahead of myself (64) and Sarumio staying 3rd (60). Modelhobbies dropped 1 point (5), as did MadMick (11) but paignton-nick moved himself out of the bottom 3 at andy1886's expense (17).

Overall, I now have a 3 point lead (142), 3 ahead of northstandexile (139) followed by the Favourites (137) and DarrenLovell (125). Modelhobbies moves up to 48th (45), with andy1886 now last (41). It's very tight for 3rd last, MadMick (70) moving up 6 points and out of the bottom 3, seadog41 (66).

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (276 KB)

oftenscore6

Oct 11, 2009, 7:14 PM

Post #22 of 88 (50825 views)
Shortcut

Damn these pesky Favourites! In proving that as a group, our knowledge is better than any individual, the Favourites has now taken the lead in the overall standings, the step 5's and is only a point behind northstandexile in the step 1-4's!

They say pride comes before a fall, and this week I dropped 9pts, only exceeded by UKPunk, who dropped 10. Seadogfan also dropped 8, but will have seen a few goals this weekend with Scarborough going down 4-3 and I believe he attended today's FC United Cup tie v Stalybridge aswell. Should never have been a penalty for the equaliser IMO, but then perhaps I may have red-tinted glasses on Angelic. Cracking game, nonetheless.

This week's biggest gains came from bbcgull and Doody, both up 14 points, and tomschman up 13. All are mid-table though and behind the Favourites overall are northstandexile and myself on 133, followed by Jamesie (129). Early days yet, but last year's winner, PatB, had a poor week and has slipped to 14th. The bottom 2 remain the same, with Steve_HFC slipping into 3rd last (62) with an 8 point to gap to seadog41 (70).

In the step 1-4, northstandexile leads (64), a point ahead of the Favourites and myself, with bbcgull 5 further back. A change in sequence at the foot, with MadMick moving ahead of andy1886.

In the step 5, behind the Favourites are SparkyRebel (80), followed by T P and Jamesie (78). No change at the foot.

In the FA Cup, Hawkwind astutely picked FC Halifax Town and they have already scored him 4 points which cannot be taken away. RussWWFC and bbcgull's gambel of picking Woking and Eastleigh have also paid off with both through to the 4th qualifying round. VP's selection, Farnborough face a a replay v Heybridge, but have 2 ponts in the bag already.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (276 KB)

Jon M
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 13, 2009, 1:03 PM

Post #23 of 88 (50698 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Damn these pesky Favourites! In proving that as a group, our knowledge is better than any individual, the Favourites has now taken the lead in the overall standings, the step 5's and is only a point behind northstandexile in the step 1-4's!

Whoah, perhaps Derren Brown has got a point (unlike half of my teams!). I appear to have managed the dubious feat of scoring the same in both halves of the competition, which probably says something, although I'm not sure what....still at least I'm not in the drop zone this year

T P
Youth Team Star

Oct 13, 2009, 4:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 88 (50674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon M] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Whoah, perhaps Derren Brown has got a point (unlike half of my teams!). I appear to have managed the dubious feat of scoring the same in both halves of the competition, which probably says something, although I'm not sure what....still at least I'm not in the drop zone this year

Still early days!!! Wink

oftenscore6

Oct 18, 2009, 5:35 PM

Post #25 of 88 (50227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P] NLCL 1st results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jon M has climbed 2 places this week to 15th, so looking good so far!

This week the biggest gain was from someone in need of a few more points - Steve_HFC, for whom 12 points was enough to take him out of the bottom 3 both overall and at step 5. Equal second gainers this week are SuperKev! and mnewz, who gained 10 points each. This was not a happy week predictions wise for Zebedee (-12), howaythebay (-10); tomschman and the favourites (-9).

The -9 drop for the favourites was enough for me to retake 1st position overall, level on points with the favourites (135). Up into 3rd is DarrenLovell (132), with northstandexile slipping to 4th (129). Andy1886 (38) and modelhobbies (47) are somewhat adrift at the foot, with a +3 gain from seadog41 (73) not enough to stop Steve_HFC (74) from overtaking him.

Steve_HFC's good week saw him escape the bottom 3 at step 5 (36). Replacing him in the bottom 3 is modelhobbies (34), joining andy1886 (23) and fatbury (34). The top is very tight, with T P, DarrenLovell and Favourites all on 77, with Felix and Jamesie only 1 point behind.

At step 1-4, bbcgull (65) broke from the pack and now leads by 3 from myself (62). Sarumio is another point behind (61). Modelhobbies gained 5 to 13, but is still last, 2 behind andy1886 (15). MadMick gained 8 points (28) to escape with a 3point drop landing paignton-nick (20) back in the drop zone.

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Oct 18, 2009, 5:36 PM)
Attachments: NL CL scores 2010.xls (278 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3