steve walker
Administrator

Aug 9, 2009, 12:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 7 (17886 views)
Shortcut
Closed Sections...... Can't Post or Reply Privately

..... on the forum.

Simple question. Would you like to see any of them resurrected and re-opened?

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 9, 2009, 1:06 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #2 of 7 (17877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Provided they are monitored properly & the high standards set by the late, great Tony Kempster are not lowered, then I have no problems with this.
The more the merrier! ;-)

Grounds visited: 741
Last new ground: Old Roan FC; John Roan Playing Fields; Kidrooke Park Road, London, SE3. (Bromley & South London Football Alliance Division One)
Last game: Tuesday 20th August 2019: Fisher 0 Erith Town 0 -abandoned at half time due to partial fllodlight failure [Southern Counties East League Premier Division]
Matches watched this season: 21
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

jrev61

Aug 9, 2009, 2:12 PM

Team(s): None

Post #3 of 7 (17859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes I would like to see most of the closed sections opened again, if this is possible.
I would especially like to see the General one re-opened as this sometimes provoked interesting debate. The two people who caused problems in that section are I believe no longer posting on this message board.

jrev61

vienna1964
Deleted

Aug 9, 2009, 3:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 7 (17841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or

The third Section (Everything Else - football related) is adequately covered already, but I think the others would be good to welcome back - even the 'Silly stuff' one, which need not be solely for the close-season methinks.

I would suggest that the old threads should still be deleted and just start up afresh with the Thread-Headers anew.

Otherwise, emplace 'International', 'Ladies' & 'Premiership/FL' back into the "All Other Football Interests" Section, whilst the 'General Chat' & 'Silly Stuff' threads would be more suitably housed in a renamed "General Chat & Games" Section.

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

UKPunk

Aug 9, 2009, 10:05 PM

Post #5 of 7 (17765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes I would like to see most of the closed sections opened again, if this is possible.
I would especially like to see the General one re-opened as this sometimes provoked interesting debate. The two people who caused problems in that section are I believe no longer posting on this message board.

I'd like to second this point. Even though this is a football site I believe it's good to be able to discuss non-football issues with other posters. And I don't see why this can't be done in a reasonable way at least most of the time given the level of intelligent debate that is the norm on this messageboard.

As for the other sections, if others are happy with bringing them back I've no objections.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 9, 2009, 10:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 7 (17752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My thoughts for some time are that there are anomalies (sp?) that need correcting. I see no reason why there is a forum to discuss football in other countries of any level but not the Premier / Football Leagues for example.

Here's what I have in mind.....

On the currently closed sections:

Premiership & Football League - restore to All Other Football Interests section
General Chat - move to a new Non Football category
Everything Else Football Related - DELETE as its already covered in the current All other football forum
International - DELETE as it's already covered in the 'Football in other countries' forum
Word Association - restore to the Games section
Close Season Silly Stuff - restore to the All Other Football section with a change of description to make it clear it doesn't just apply to the close season.
Ladies Football - restore to the All Other Football section.

On existing sections:

In the Administration category delete the About the site (Step 7 & below) forum and remove the (steps 1-6) from the other similar forum effectively merging the two.
Delete 'Women's Cup' from the description of the Other FA Competitions forum as the Ladies section is being restored.
Lock the Pre Season Friendlies forum after Aug 15th or perhaps just delete and restore next summer?

Oh... and I haven't but should have checked with Leo and Jamesie before raising this topic so as I've always said, if you need modding help you just need to say the word.

Jamesie
Deleted

Aug 10, 2009, 9:59 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 7 (17703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Closed Sections...... [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Oh... and I haven't but should have checked with Leo and Jamesie before raising this topic so as I've always said, if you need modding help you just need to say the word.

I'll PM you with my thoughts Steve.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3