Main site to be frozen

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

eagles1981
Junior Team Star

Apr 26, 2009, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Sport London e Benfica FC

Post #51 of 68 (15131 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Tony Kempster] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Tony

My thoughts are with you and your family.

You have made a massive contribution to peoples lives, both for those who use your forum and website, and from those who indirectly benefit from the progress of their clubs. A service that is not readily available from other sources.

I, for one, can credit you and your site (some may say 'blame you' Smile) as the main reason for Sport London e Benfica FC entering into the English National League System. Without the information you publish and update, and your infectious enthusiasm, I would have found it very difficult to put together what was needed to get to where we are today in 4 seasons. From a Sunday League team to playing in the Spartans South Midlands Division 1, having played in the FA Vase for the first time in the clubs history this season, this would not have been achieved without you.

I thank you for all your time and effort and I would like to, and I hope that people back the motion, recommend you as a person to receive a nomination as part of the British Honours System. I don't know if this is something that you would value but it should be the very least you deserve, without knowing you personally and not knowing how else to thank you.

Josť Viana
Sport London e Benfica FC Manager

Where there is life, there is hope. And where there is hope, truly anything can happen.

Bertie188e
Youth Team Sub

Apr 26, 2009, 3:37 PM

Post #52 of 68 (15098 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [eagles1981] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Tony, I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I would like to send my good wishes to you and your family at this diffcult time.

Reynard's Hunting Grounds

Classof63
Ballboy/girl

Apr 27, 2009, 1:07 PM

Team(s): Kettering, Northampton Spencer

Post #53 of 68 (14994 views)
Shortcut

Very sorry to hear this terrible news.
I have been looking at this site almost daily for as long as I can remember.There is simply no other site as informative or as comprehensive, and so dedicated to genuine supporters of non-league.

May I propose , at the risk of embarrassing Tony I'm sure, that either the FA Vase or FA Trophy be re-named in his honour as a lasting tribute to Tony's contribution to the furtherance of interest in grass-roots football.

Supporter

JonnyBoy
Junior Team Sub

Apr 27, 2009, 4:22 PM

Team(s): Dartford FC

Post #54 of 68 (14941 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Classof63] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Please accept the best wishes from me and my family, all though new to this forum, I have always used your main site. A hive of info and stats, it's the website I turn to for any league news.

Please find below a link to the Ryman Award winning Dartford Fans Forum.

http://www.dartfordfootballclub.co.uk/...hp/topic,6202.0.html

Tony Burmans Black and White Army

hucknallite
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 28, 2009, 8:30 AM

Team(s): Forest, Hucknall

Post #55 of 68 (14843 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [JonnyBoy] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I'm very sad to hear that Tony. I'd just like to say your site has over the years brought me and many others great pleasure.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2009, 1:16 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #56 of 68 (14706 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [hucknallite] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I'd like to add my little piece as well and its very sad to hear of this news. I think the word legend is often used too often, but I think Mr Kempster is indeed a true legend of non-league football and has kept me and countless hundreds and thousands of others updated over the years. You will be deeply missed.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Dave R
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 30, 2009, 12:19 AM

Team(s):

Post #57 of 68 (14619 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PonteCarlo] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Tony, we've never met but through your message board I have met people who I now call friends. That is something for which I will always thank you.

Others have already reflected my thoughts and put them more eloquently than I could.
The word 'legend' is much over-used but,for you, is most apt.

I wish you all that you wish for yourself.

Dave

jdharding
Junior Team Sub

May 6, 2009, 8:29 PM

Post #58 of 68 (14052 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Dave R] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

All,

I have sent a similar message direct to Tony.

Am very sorry to hear about your condition. I am a football fan, and have found the tonykempster.co.uk site (I have only just found the forums) to be a fantastic goldmine and will be sorely missed.

The main reason why I am posting is that I am a 27-year old IT professional based in Macclesfield and would love to team up with a couple of people to keep a non-league site up and continue Tony's work. I don't think I could do it on my own! If anyone is interested and Tony willing to do a handover, then drop me a line at [email protected]

John

kevmarshall
Ballboy/girl

May 9, 2009, 2:57 PM

Post #59 of 68 (13676 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [jdharding] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

So sad to hear of your terrible illness.

Tony Kempster is probably the most well known name in non-league football and will remain so for many years to come. Thanks for everything.

Kev Marshall
Grantham

dulwich steve
Junior Team Sub

May 9, 2009, 8:51 PM

Team(s): Dulwich hamlet.. Arsenal

Post #60 of 68 (13603 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kevmarshall] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

One tony Kempster theres only one tony Kempster one tony kempster theres only one tony kempster etc etc etc.

This should be the song at every non league ground next season in respect for tony.

drawoh
First Team Regular

May 11, 2009, 4:03 AM

Post #61 of 68 (13465 views)
Shortcut

Sad that my first post here should be in this thread. I echo most of what's been said already in reply. Since first finding your website, it's been a tremendous source of information, and I know is generally regarded as the most authoritative site for non-league football. Your regular provision of such useful information will be sadly missed.

My heartfelt thanks, and best wishes.

venturer
Ballboy/girl

May 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

Post #62 of 68 (13313 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [drawoh] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Tony, My first post will probably be my last, but I just wanted to thank you so much for your screen which is the bible of football. Best wishes for your time left and may you rest happily. God bless.

dave_w74
Ballboy/girl

May 13, 2009, 9:45 PM

Post #63 of 68 (13154 views)
Shortcut

Tony, I am so deeply sorry to hear this terrible news. We have never met, but I want to thank you for all you have done for non-league football. This site will not be forgotten ...

Dave W.

Over the top
First Team Sub

May 17, 2009, 8:28 AM

Post #64 of 68 (12938 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [dave_w74] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Look after yourself mate, and best wishes to you and yout family

ianh
First Team Star

May 29, 2009, 2:48 PM

Post #65 of 68 (12286 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Over the top] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

May 18th was your last post Tony, I hope you are still with us

Best wishes ianh

Jamesie
Deleted

May 29, 2009, 9:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #66 of 68 (12181 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ianh] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or

Tony accessed the site earlier today Ian. I'm sure he'll update us if he feels the need.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

enfieldchace
Ballboy/girl

May 31, 2009, 12:14 AM

Team(s): Enfield Town, Diss Town, Enfield(1893)

Post #67 of 68 (11999 views)
Shortcut

Tony

I sincerely am sorry to hear your news. Your site has always been an invaluable source to me in learning the weekily fate of the teams I follow.

With sincerest regards

Steve Hoye

Steve Hoye

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave

slatts
Ballboy/girl

Jun 15, 2009, 3:05 PM

Post #68 of 68 (11475 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [enfieldchace] Main site to be frozen [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I visited your site for many years Tony and this is the first time I have ever posted, just to say a huge thank you to you for the creation of a hugely influential, legendary, and thoroughly enjoyable site. I never met you but you will always be remembered with great affection. All the best Slatts.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3