Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 14 April

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aggedor
Deleted

Apr 15, 2009, 9:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #26 of 39 (2224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DAZZA] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
NCEL Permier Division
Armthorpe Welfare 0 Long Eaton Utd 1
Church Street Ground Armthorpe. KO 7.45pm.
Att 36
Tea 50p

A closely fought game which always looked like 1 goal would clinch the 3 points and it went to the away side in the second half.

The ground is in need of a bit of TLC. There is a section of covered standing behind one goal and down one side a small covered stand with (if my memory serves me right !) 4 rows of seating. The dugouts were on opposite sides of the pitch - at least it takes out any confrontation between the opposition benches !There was also a tea bar behind the stand in a portacabin with very friendly staff which was serving tea/coffee and bacon and mushroom rolls.

If arriving by public transport, you can catch the First No 81 or 82 Armthorpe bus, from Doncaster Interchange, which goes right past the ground.

We arrived at 7.20 but the last programme had just been sold so they must do a very small print run. So if anybody has got a spare or a copy they wish to sell please send me a PM !

********************************************************************************************************

Also at this game. Thought it was grim. Thought the ground was a bit grim too. Thought the town was a bit grim in all honesty. Dazza says it needs a bit of TLC, and he is not wrong!!

Prog sold out far too early. I had bought a spare for a mate, so ended up giving that to one of the LEU supporters that had missed out.

Good win for Blues though, and the chippy across the road was fantastic. They were doing free batter bits to go over the chips, first time I've had that since I was a kid.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2009, 5:37 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #27 of 39 (2163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Herts County Div 1
Cuffley 4 AFC Hatfield Town 1
No prog or admission
Att 19 (h/c)

Easy ground to find, in pleasant rural setting.

Next to top playing next to bottom, and it showed in this comfortable home win

Hatfield did equalise an early goal on 37, and fell behind to a widked deflection just on half-time.

Second half saw 2 further goals, the second from another wicked deflection

Listened to the Chelsea Liverpool game on way home - which sounded rather more exciting that this game had been

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 16, 2009, 10:13 AM

Post #28 of 39 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Listened to the Chelsea Liverpool game on way home - which sounded rather more exciting that this game had been

I tried to do that as well but there was so much background crowd noise. Plus of course the inane ramblings of Anal Green. Did my head in so I switched it off !

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2009, 2:03 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #29 of 39 (2088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or

I've been to Armthorpe twice, the stand behind the goal is quite good. The rest of the ground a little bit lacking, kids jumping over the walls during the game, concerns about whether the car might get broken into ha-ha. It is quite grim and not in a brilliant part of Donny....bit like Woodlands where Brodsworth play!

Torbaymick
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2009, 4:16 PM

Team(s): Reading Leeds United Buckland Athletic

Post #30 of 39 (2062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Buckland Athletic 0 Bodmin Town 2

Att 145

Joined Nick for Bucklands last home game after a long drive back from Blackpool. should Bodmin be made to go UP if they win the league again next season?

www.thoughts.com/MickeysSouthwest08Hop/blog

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2009, 4:30 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #31 of 39 (2053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Torbaymick] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Buckland Athletic 0 Bodmin Town 2

Att 145

Joined Nick for Bucklands last home game after a long drive back from Blackpool. should Bodmin be made to go UP if they win the league again next season?

No. Definitely not. No club should be forced to play at a higher standard than they want to play at. It would mean more travelling, therefore more expense and may result in the club being overstretched financially.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

sandhurstbee

Apr 16, 2009, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #32 of 39 (2006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still down in the west Country after the Easter hop so Tuesday Afternoon
Plymouth Argyle Reserves 3 Salisbury City Reserves 1 - Admission 4, Single Page Team Sheet, - The game Kicked off 35 Minutes late as Salisbury were stuck in traffic on the A38, When they did arrive they provided a young Plymouth Side with a useful Work out though the home side were always in control taking the lead after 20 Minutes and going on to establish a 3-0 lead before Salisbury pulled One back towards the end - This was followed by
Launceston 1 Holworthy 1 - South West Peninsula League Premier Division - Admission 4 Single Page (Folds into 4 Pages) Team Sheet Free -Launceston were unable to produce their normal programme for this derby game but both teams served up an exciting game of football. The Home side started the brighter and created a number of chances in the early part of the game but it was Holsworthy who took the lead against the run of play when the Home keeper could only palm out a Holsworthy effort and it was headed in off the coss bar. Launceston should have been level after they were awarded a disputed penalty when their player was bumped over but went down as if hit by a sniper. Contact was made and IMO the ref got it right but it was an immpressive fall Crazy The keeper saved the spot kick to keep Holsworthy ahead. Both teams had chances as the game flowed from end to end and Launceston got a deserved equalizer in the 2nd Half whrough a low first time effort. A word of mention for the referee who had an excellent game and kept tight control of the game.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

(This post was edited by sandhurstbee on Apr 16, 2009, 9:38 PM)

fishy
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 16, 2009, 11:02 PM

Team(s): AFC Hull

Post #33 of 39 (1972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hull Athletic 3, AFC Hull 2.
Hull University West Campus.
East Riding Amateur League, Division One.
Admission: Nil; Programme: None; Att: 16 (hc)

A draw would have sealed the divsion title for AFC Hull. They lost. Sadly, Hull Athletic will probably be folding at the end of the season. They are a good set of lads with decent management, the league will miss them. Full gubbins at http://www.afchull.com/...heir-title-bid-alive

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 17, 2009, 8:34 AM

Post #34 of 39 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fishy] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm a battlefields/old historic ruins freak as well as football, so after leaving my sister early in the morning spent an enjoyable day traipsing around Yorkshire before ending up at

Northern League Premier Division

West Auckland Town 0-2 Ashington

5 admission
1 Programme
Tea 70p

Att: 81 (h/c)

2 pieces of quality that woiuldnt have looked out of place higher up the pyramid for both goals, other than that a pretty forgettable game with Ashington the better side without looking to good.

Ground isnt bad, stand, covered terrace on one side with terrace behind other goal. Plenty of photo's cuttings about their inaugral world cup win, just a shame I couldn't find anyone willing to get me into the WMC to look at the trophy itself.

Ground Easy to find off A1(M) just follow signs for West Auckland and ground on your left before Town Centre hidden behind new housing estate.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 17, 2009, 5:19 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #35 of 39 (1888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

You no longer need be troubled by your conscience, Stephen! See my post on 'Where did you go on Sun 12 April' for the story of when I once saw a reserve team game at one of North London's two big clubs.

I ticked-off Warrington RL ground for Everton v Liverpool Reserves earlier this season !

Chris1963

Apr 17, 2009, 6:41 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #36 of 39 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbswolf] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Had no idea you ticked new grounds for reserve team games, but I'll leave it to Hoddy to supply an appropriate punchline! (Incidentally, I should point out that I had already watched several first-team games at Highbury prior to seeing that reserve team game on 7/4/79.)

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 17, 2009, 10:44 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #37 of 39 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Had no idea you ticked new grounds for reserve team games, but I'll leave it to Hoddy to supply an appropriate punchline! (Incidentally, I should point out that I had already watched several first-team games at Highbury prior to seeing that reserve team game on 7/4/79.)

Only if there is no other wau of getting-in a 1st team game at the ground - and/or (as in this case) my 3 other chosen games were all postponed waterlogged between 17-00 and 18-00 that evening and I was already in the area.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 17, 2009, 10:57 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #38 of 39 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbswolf] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Only if there is no other wau of getting-in a 1st team game at the ground - and/or (as in this case) my 3 other chosen games were all postponed waterlogged between 17-00 and 18-00 that evening and I was already in the area.

Is there something in the "rules" which says you can only count a ground if you watch a first team game? B*gger. I'd better have a recount.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

UKPunk

Apr 18, 2009, 9:38 PM

Post #39 of 39 (1739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Tuesday 14 April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Is there something in the "rules" which says you can only count a ground if you watch a first team game? B*gger. I'd better have a recount.

That depends entirely what YOUR rules are. The rules of others are irrelevant. Smile

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3