First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Tony Kempster
Administrator

Dec 30, 2008, 7:19 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #1 of 27 (19041 views)
Shortcut
Thank you from Tony Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, here we are at the end of 2008, which has been a bit of a momentous year for me personally. However, the things that have helped me through it are the huge number of good wishes and encouraging words that so many people have sent me. I have been overwhelmed and would like to thank everyone who has done so.

One of the things that has also helped me keep my pecker up during this time is being able to maintain my site and this message board. I could not have done this without a lot of help from some very willing people who have stepped into the breach to help moderate the message board which has grown to a size that I never expected when I started it.

However, I would like to thank 5 people by name.

On the message board side there is
Steve Walker who provides the server and the software that enables this board to operate;

LeoHoenig and Jamesie who now do most of the moderating on the board and have been doing an excellent job, particulary when you consider the time it takes to do so.

On the main site there is
Phil Steinson, who lives in Finland but still manages to maintain the step 7 part of the site and also has a great piece of software which enables him to spot errrors I have made. He sends me a weekly email of corrections and I don't think a week has passed when I have not made at least one error;

Paul Crankshaw who maintains the Scottish non-league part of the site. This is new this season and seems to be very popular.

I mention these 5 specifically but I would also like to thank all those others who have provided information, corrections and ideas for the site.

My plan is to continue to run the site and message board for as long as I am able to. Of course, with a terminal condition, there is no real way of predicting how long this may be but I hope to still be operating this time in 2009.

Happy New Year to all site and message board users

Tony

Football Man
Youth Team Sub

Dec 30, 2008, 9:25 PM

Team(s): Hitchin, Royston, Langford, Stotfold, the Biggleswades

Post #2 of 27 (18999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And best wishes for the new year to you Tony. It's getting hard to remember what the world was like before this site - but it was a much poorer place.

Thanks

FM

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 30, 2008, 9:46 PM

Post #3 of 27 (18990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Football Man] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony may I wish you and your family all the best for the new year. Like so many others who have benefited from the information that is available on your website I realise that I owe you a great debt. You have indeed created a monster. But what a beautiful monster!

It's doubtful that the paths of yourself and most people who visit your site will ever cross, and yet on so many of us you have left an indelible mark. More than once this season I have been to matches and spoken to people who know all about www.tonykempster.co.uk. (You may not thank me for this but if they don't know about it they do when I've finished with them! Cool )

All the best to you mate.

Dave

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Dec 30, 2008, 11:45 PM

Post #4 of 27 (18945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony, wishing you and all those close to you well for 2009. May the site live on and may you live on!

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 30, 2008, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #5 of 27 (18941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Happy & Healthy 2009 to you Tony, many thanks for all you do!

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

coops
First Team Sub

Dec 31, 2008, 5:19 PM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #6 of 27 (18839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All the best Tony.

Over the top
First Team Sub

Dec 31, 2008, 6:15 PM

Post #7 of 27 (18821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coops] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It seems to me that the title ought to read, "Thank you, Tony"

Happy new year to you and yours

chrisby
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 31, 2008, 6:31 PM

Team(s): Oxford City, Bridgwater Town.

Post #8 of 27 (18814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All the very best for 2009 Tony.
...and I'll add my thanks, to those already posted above, to you for your unstinting efforts at keeping this little gem of a website 'on air'.

jrev61

Dec 31, 2008, 8:25 PM

Team(s): None

Post #9 of 27 (18766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisby] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Best Wishes Tony and thanks for providing a valuable resource for us Non-League fanatics.

jrev61

Dave R
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 1, 2009, 1:10 AM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 27 (18718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2009 Tony.

Dave

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jan 1, 2009, 9:42 AM

Post #11 of 27 (18689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave R] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All the very best for 2009 Tony.
Keep up the fantastic work.

rob

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

Graeme
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 1, 2009, 10:38 AM

Team(s): Bradford P.A

Post #12 of 27 (18673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Tony. All the best for 2009. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping the site going, it's a great place to keep in touch with what's happening in non-league football.

Total Grounds- 1355 (10).
Grounds this season- 35.
Latest New ground -Wibbandune Ground, Colliers Wood United.
Rugby Union grounds-7.
Latest-Twickenham.

robhornby
First Team Star

Jan 1, 2009, 1:26 PM

Team(s): Non League Football

Post #13 of 27 (18635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tony Kempster] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On behalf of everyone from the Central Midlands Football League, May I wish you a special 2009 Tony.
Thankyou for such a great website that you do week in week out for us all to stay in touch with each other. I have met so many good people through your site in person, yourself and lad included and may i meet many more.

To visit my charity blog..please click on https://aroundthegrounds2019-20.blogspot.com/

sandhurstbee

Jan 1, 2009, 6:28 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #14 of 27 (18572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Best wishes for 2009 Tony - and on into 2010 - Good Luck Mate

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Richard Rundle

Jan 2, 2009, 2:49 PM

Post #15 of 27 (18489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony - I would like to add my thanks for continuing to provide such a fantastic resource, and add my best wishes to all those here for the next 12 months and beyond.

--
Richard

richiejenn
First Team Star

Jan 2, 2009, 4:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 27 (18459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony - Wishing you fun and happiness in 2009 and beyond. Thanks for my daily nourishment of footy info.

steve walker
Administrator

Jan 2, 2009, 8:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 27 (18422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to echo the 'happy and healthy' messages Tony.

The site is as awesome as ever and although I don't visit the message board too often these days, long may it continue to gobble up my server resources at an alarming rate Tongue

Cheers.... Steve

GrundyHiller
First Team Sub

Jan 2, 2009, 8:40 PM

Team(s): Horwich RMI, Bolton Wanderers

Post #18 of 27 (18403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Echoing all the above best wishes and comments- the site is a wonderful resource and long may you preside over it. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2009 and for many years hence. You are simply an inspiration to others and the time and devotion you put in for others' benefit is awesome. Wherever you go, big match or small it's inevitable to bump into a fellow Kempsterite- we are all Kempsterites and there is no better tribute than that

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Jan 3, 2009, 1:16 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #19 of 27 (18353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrundyHiller] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would heartily endorse all the messages above - all the very best, Tony

SparkyRebel
First Team Sub

Jan 4, 2009, 12:32 AM

Team(s): Worthing FC

Post #20 of 27 (18246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Best wishes for the new year Tony Smile

bonehead
Youth Team Regular

Jan 4, 2009, 6:21 PM

Post #21 of 27 (18179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SparkyRebel] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All best wishes, Tony.
I like many others, it seems, am continually logged in. Many, many thanks.

Aggedor
Deleted

Jan 4, 2009, 11:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 27 (18124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bonehead] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or

Saying "Thanks" doesn't seem adequate does it? I mean it's a brilliant site, fantastic forum, the website I log into from Egypt when I'm away...but I'll still say it to Tony for supplying the best site on the web...

Thanks!!

Happy New Year, Tony, with kindest wishes from south Derbyshire!!

kidology
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 5, 2009, 2:21 AM

Team(s): Barnet (when in Barnet), Truro City

Post #23 of 27 (18105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Your site has helped me re-discover my passion for non-League football which diminished when Barnet joined the Football League. Thank you for continuing to provide the stats and information which makes it so much easier to know what's going on.
You're a legend.
Sly

Mishi

Jan 6, 2009, 5:32 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #24 of 27 (17979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kidology] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at this thread reminds me of perspective.
I've been really angry with myself because my laptop slipped out of my hand & it broke, I'm thus without computer until a friend of friend, who works in computers, can look at it when he's next in London visiting his my mate, his missus-to-be, in a couple of weeks time. He thinks it should be fixable, though I'll probably lose some photos on it, though none of grounds, I hasten to add! ;-)

Without going into detail having a laptop has improved my personal self-esteem, & I've really enjoyed posting on it, & blogging, & sorting photos and stuff. It's like 'having my arm cut off' & I'm somewhat down about it, to say the least.

But reading through this thread I'm reminded it's only a lump of metal, at the end of the day. I'm NOT battling a life threatening illness like you have, Tony.

I'm glad you made it through to 2009, I hope you continue to beat your illness, & eventually get a clean bill of health. My thoughts are with you & your family.

I am in awe of you, the continued work you selflessly put into this site for the benefit of people like me. I get a lot of pleasure out of contributing to this meassageboard, as well as reading the many posts on it.

Once again thank you!

Grounds visited: 741
Last new ground: Old Roan FC; John Roan Playing Fields; Kidrooke Park Road, London, SE3. (Bromley & South London Football Alliance Division One)
Last game: Wednesday 21st August 2019: Cray Wanderers 3, Margate 2. [Isthmian Leage Premier Division]
Matches watched this season: 22
2017/18-New English grounds: 3; & foreign: 0

vienna1964
Deleted

Jan 6, 2009, 7:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 27 (17951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Thank you from Tony [In reply to] Can't Post or

Tony, I'd just like to add my twopennyworth to the above comments...

It's been an honour and a privilege to have both met your good self and been a part of your clique within the non-league community all this time.

I sincerely hope and trust that you soon experience a worthwhile and lasting remission in your illness - and indeed I continue to scour the latest scientific journals in a desire to learn of any new research, treatments or other information upon potential remedies that may be of service in these hours of your need... and will; it goes without saying; impart these when discovered !

I wish you and yours all the best for the new year and beyond.

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3