Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Mallorca/Spanish football books

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #1 of 1 (464 views)
Shortcut
Mallorca/Spanish football books Can't Post or Reply Privately

As many of you will have seen from my posts elsewhere, I spent the weekend of 13/14 Dec at three matches on the island of Mallorca. The return journey home was noteworthy for the fact that at Palma airport, I managed to buy a copy of a season guide (published by Don Balon magazine) covering all third and 4th level clubs in Spain. I have bought this only once before, at Sportspages bookshop (since closed down) in London, as I expect that most copies are usually sold by the time winter comes along.

Included in the guide was a full page advert for a book which will be of interest to some of you, and which I have never heard of before. Titled "Annario del Futbol Cantabro" (Cantabria, which includes Santander) it runs to 324 pages and covers clubs at all levels, including 3 levels below Tercera. Although I will not be buying it myself (as i only watch Tercera level or higher) some of you may want to buy it, so here are the contact details;

[email protected]

www.claudioacebo.com

(Edit - a perusal of my copy of the 'Don Balon' guide shows that my earlier comment about Poblense having the best ground outside the capital may be incorrect, as CE Constancia have a 9,000 capacity venue. They are based in Inca, which is quite a big town, and so it seems that the ground next to the railway line (which I mentioned elsewhere earlier) is probably the 'number two' ground in Inca.

I should also add that the capital is almost big enough to have the feel of Madrid or Barcelona, and if anyone is worried that the island is full of drunken Brits or Germans - no need to worry, i didn't see any!)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Dec 15, 2008, 6:44 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3