Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 15, 2008, 5:35 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #1 of 6 (2180 views)
Shortcut
Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing Can't Post or Reply Privately

This month's Non-League Digest - check it out at www.nonleaguedigest.com - contains my latest Belgian weekend article covering recent trips to FC Seraing (Belg Div 4C) and CS Welkenraedt (Liege Prov 1). However, since that was penned, talk now is of FC Seraing having yesterday played their "last ever" game; 14 December, losing 0-3 at home to SC Wijgmaal.

The club says that with everything that has gone on and with no money coming in, they cannot carry on as they are into the New Year and will consider forfeiting all their matches after Xmas. The bourgemestre (mayor) of Seraing has met with the club and that of FC Seresien (Belg Div 3A) and a fusion is on the cards. Agreement was reached that trainer and some players would switch across "the road" in the January transfer window. FC Seraing B (their reserves) will continue to play in Liege Prov 4 and in time, hope to rise again through the levels.

Haven't we been here before ?

(This post was edited by abbswolf on Dec 15, 2008, 5:38 PM)

gibbsy235
Junior Team Regular

Dec 15, 2008, 5:54 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbswolf] Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What is the league difference between FC Seraing what were the first team and their reserves?

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 15, 2008, 6:18 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gibbsy235] Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What is the league difference between FC Seraing what were the first team and their reserves?

FC Seraing are currently spending their first year at league level, ie: Div 4 with their reserves (Seraing B) playing in Liege Prov 4B, so put simply, they are each 4 divisions apart. The reserves won 1-0 away from home yesterday and are 3rd in table. They currently use a pitch two away from the 1st team but I guess would move across when (and if) FC Seraing 1st team are confirmed as folded.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 15, 2008, 6:23 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 6 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbswolf] Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's a pity this has happened but I knew it was always likely, which is why I did not attempt to 'tick' the ground. Will you still 'count' the match you saw? (A similar thing happened to me in Aug 2007 when I visited FC Sopron for a league match, only for them to pull out of the Hungarian League a few months later, but I still counted it on the basis that the match was a friendly, as opposed to something that should be deleted from history altogether.)

gibbsy235
Junior Team Regular

Dec 15, 2008, 6:33 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I see. Thanks.
Now I understand why in the first post it said that the reserves might be able to get to where the first time in some time.

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 15, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Belgium Div 4C - FC Seraing [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's not quite happened just yet Chris - but from what I gather, highly likely.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3