Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Stade Julien Denis in Calais

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 1, 2008, 2:12 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #1 of 4 (797 views)
Shortcut
Stade Julien Denis in Calais Can't Post or Reply Privately

Although Calais Racing Union are now playing league games at their new super-stadium (see report in the 'Non-League Digest' magazine) www.fff.fr gives the venue of their home tie in the Coupe de France on Saturday 13th December as the Stade Julien Denis, their old ground. This could be an error but it could also be because the new stadium is being used for rugby as well as soccer. If you haven't visited the old ground yet this may be a good chance for you to do so.

(Edit - make sure to re-check this match, particualrly as the kick-off has not yet been fixed. The CRU website may also be useful.)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Dec 1, 2008, 2:13 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 1, 2008, 3:46 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 4 (782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Stade Julien Denis in Calais [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What you do not know chris, is the fff automatically monitor this site, searching for posts with your name on.
So as soon as you had made this post, they picked up the info, and changed their web pages.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 1, 2008, 5:59 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #3 of 4 (765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stade Julien Denis in Calais [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If that really is true then I'm amazed - I had no idea I was deemed such an important person in the circles of French football! (Although our good friend Abbswolf apparently enjoys a similar standing in Belgian football...)

Or perhaps it was just coincidence that they were doing a routine check of the fixtures the venues at the same time. Incidentally the venue for Besancon's game has also been changed to that club's normal ground, and I didn't include the link to the French FA's site when I mentioned Besancon elsewhere on this site.

Siberian Monkey
Youth Team Star

Dec 2, 2008, 6:46 PM

Team(s): Lincoln C

Post #4 of 4 (697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Stade Julien Denis in Calais [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The website gives it as a 7.30pm kick off at the new stadium

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3