Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where are you going?:
Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 22, 2008, 10:40 PM

Post #1 of 63 (2839 views)
Shortcut
Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know I'm posting this early but it's the only chance I'm going to get before I go on holiday with my partner and sprogs to St. Leonards, East Sussex this Friday. Although it will require diplomacy bordering on genius I am hoping to persuade Mrs UKPunk to let me out on Tuesday for:-

Ryman League Premier Division
Hastings United v Ramsgate 7:45

Do any of you guys know how much admission is? Also, I noticed on Google Earth that there is another ground next door to Pilot Field. Who's ground is that?

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Frank/Gary
Deleted

Oct 22, 2008, 10:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 63 (2828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or

Tues 28: Newcastle v WBA

Wed 29: Northallerton (aka Royston Vasey) v Benfield

2008/2009

48 games

Last game: Newcastle United 2 Spurs 1 (Premiership) 21/12/2008

9 new grounds

Last new ground: Reyrolle Sports & Social Ground, Hebburn Reyrolle

Heaton Winstons' League Campaign: P13 W6 D3 L4 F38 A30 GD+8 Pts 21 Pos 4/16

Last game: Grindon Vets 0 Winstons 3

"The waiter's stacking the chairs"

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 22, 2008, 11:07 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #3 of 63 (2824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I know I'm posting this early but it's the only chance I'm going to get before I go on holiday with my partner and sprogs to St. Leonards, East Sussex this Friday. Although it will require diplomacy bordering on genius I am hoping to persuade Mrs UKPunk to let me out on Tuesday for:-

Do any of you guys know how much admission is? Also, I noticed on Google Earth that there is another ground next door to Pilot Field. Who's ground is that?

It used to be the ground of St Leonards Stamcroft. They ceased to be a few years ago. Not sure who, if anyone, plays there now. I think they made it as far as the Southern League, supported by the money from a 11million lottery winner who owned a double glazing firm if memory serves me right.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

UKPunk

Oct 22, 2008, 11:13 PM

Post #4 of 63 (2821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It used to be the ground of St Leonards Stamcroft. They ceased to be a few years ago. Not sure who, if anyone, plays there now. I think they made it as far as the Southern League, supported by the money from a 11million lottery winner who owned a double glazing firm if memory serves me right.

Thanks for that Andy. I'll ask a few people about it if Unsure I get to go there next week.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

KnowYourMarket

Oct 23, 2008, 12:02 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #5 of 63 (2808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday: Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion

Wednesday: Bewdley Town v Pershore Town - Worcestershire Senior Urn

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 6:07 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #6 of 63 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A quick look at Traveller, and plan is

Tues Dartford v AFC Hornchurch

Wed poss Irlam, or even a night in

davy c
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 9:31 AM

Post #7 of 63 (2778 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by davy c [In reply to] or Reply Privately

CollierRow96
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 23, 2008, 10:40 AM

Team(s): England & Redbridge FC

Post #8 of 63 (2767 views)
Shortcut
Re: Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 28th 7:45pm
Dundee United Vs Dunfermerline Athletic - CIS Cup QF

Up in Glasgow for the day (again) and taking the trek across for this tie. 15 train ticket (thanks to a Sainsbury's voucher) and 15 admission. Could have been a lot worse.

Last new Ground :
20/11/2010, Old Barkabbeyians FC, Barking Abbey School (1085).

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 23, 2008, 11:17 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #9 of 63 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 28th October - Bradford City v Bury (courtesy of a free ticket)

I'll also be mixing it with the big boys the week after, when I'm off to watch Manchester City play FC Twente in the UeFA Cup.

Tickets for this and MCFC's other home game against PSG total 35, which is not bad value (just 15 for both games for concessions), although as I've never been to the CoM stadium before, I spent a large part of yesterday jumping through more hoops than the ridiculously named mutt who wins the Best in Show award at Crufts, trying to order tickets online. In the end, I gave up and ordered them over the phone. Never had this kind of hassle obtaining tickets for European games at Bolton or Blackburn.

Thanks to MCFC for charging me 6 x the 1.75 booking fee for ordering tickets by phone. Just as well that I don't watch 'professional' football every week.

richiejenn
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 12:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 63 (2738 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

It used to be the ground of St Leonards Stamcroft. They ceased to be a few years ago. Not sure who, if anyone, plays there now. I think they made it as far as the Southern League, supported by the money from a 11million lottery winner who owned a double glazing firm if memory serves me right. Mark Gardiner - who was in The Sun (must be true!) recently telling us all how he has lost the lot but is far happier.Smile

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #11 of 63 (2711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For me its yet another Glasshoughton v Ponte game!

Monday - Glasshoughton U19 v Ponte U19
Tuesday - Thackley v Ponte (West Riding Cup)
Decided I'd rather tick off Thackley's ground than travel ALL the way down to Dagenham for another uninspiring game!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

3-1-5-1
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 23, 2008, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Sheff Wed, Gremio, Cwmbran and thirty others

Post #12 of 63 (2704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SmileJust booked my flight to Belgrade, so it's OFK v Javor on the 29th.Smile

Eu sou Gaucho!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 23, 2008, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #13 of 63 (2698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Don't forget to look out for Billy Hartley - he'll be there as well.

Tuesday for me at Shrewsbury vs Barnet.

prorege

Oct 23, 2008, 2:54 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #14 of 63 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CollierRow96] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 28th 7:45pm
Dundee United Vs Dunfermerline Athletic - CIS Cup QF

Up in Glasgow for the day (again) and taking the trek across for this tie. 15 train ticket (thanks to a Sainsbury's voucher) and 15 admission. Could have been a lot worse.

In Reply To

I hope you are staying Dundee. Last train out to Glasgow is at ten to ten! Barely possible even if the game is settled in 90 minutes.

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 23, 2008, 5:46 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #15 of 63 (2645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

... a night-in Peter ... have I read this right ? I don't so much have nights-in, other things to do, however I do struggle to find many new grounds in midweek these days. And, especially those that are actually on, eg: I've had midweek postponements already this season at AFC Fylde, Ashton Athletoc and Rochdale Town when already travelled !

CollierRow96
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 23, 2008, 6:09 PM

Team(s): England & Redbridge FC

Post #16 of 63 (2640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nope, will be running as fast as I am able (not very) back to the station to catch that train. May have to leave (reluctantly) a little early to be safe, but at least then I will miss the crowd or what there is of it anyway. Thanks for the concern though.

Last new Ground :
20/11/2010, Old Barkabbeyians FC, Barking Abbey School (1085).

KnowYourMarket

Oct 23, 2008, 9:08 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #17 of 63 (2596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Have you booked your 7 parking space?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

martin55
First Team Sub

Oct 23, 2008, 9:49 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 63 (2580 views)
Shortcut

Tuesday also at Shrewsbury.

Can you remember who you were, before they told you who you should be?

maisiebob
Junior Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 10:08 PM

Team(s): Wolves

Post #19 of 63 (2567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday Hendon v Horsham
Wednesday Hanwell Town v Aylesbury Vale
Thursday Kentish Town v Cockfosters

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 23, 2008, 10:22 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #20 of 63 (2563 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Have you booked your 7 parking space?

No. Has anyone parked at the service station/restaurant at the A5 island and avoided being charged or clamped ? Or where exactly is the nearest free/street parking ?
7 - that's two and a half pints for goodness sake !

Felix
Reserve Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 10:47 PM

Post #21 of 63 (2554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maisiebob] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tuesday Hendon v Horsham
Wednesday Hanwell Town v Aylesbury Vale
Thursday Kentish Town v Cockfosters

Hanwell v Aylesbury is Tuesday.
Kentish v Cockfosters is Wednesday.

(This post was edited by Felix on Oct 23, 2008, 10:53 PM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2008, 11:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 63 (2538 views)
Shortcut

If memory serves me right, Hastings Utd play on the bottom pitch (Pilot Field) and I saw them play Yeovil in an FA Cup game just over ten years ago. Stamcroft St.Leonards as they were then, played on the ground directly above going up the hill (The Firs) but literally backed onto the ground below. Think I saw Colwyn Bay there in an FA Trophy game around the same period so they must've both played Sth Lge footy at one stage. Seem to remember Hastings ground at the time still had some visible traces of being used for Speedway many moons previously but I expect they may have built over that now? Enjoy the romantic soiree in Sussex! Tongue

Kind Regards,
The Moose Cool

GrundyHiller
First Team Sub

Oct 23, 2008, 11:55 PM

Team(s): Horwich RMI, Bolton Wanderers

Post #23 of 63 (2535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mon- Droylsden v Stalybridge
Tues- Rotherham Utd v Darlington
Wed- Irlam or Silsden in Vodkat Lge, decisions, decisions
Fri- Buckley Town v Airbus UK (Welsh Cup)

Tim

Oct 23, 2008, 11:59 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #24 of 63 (2533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's free parking at the A5 services. My mate left his car there all day during the Blaenau Ffestiniog/Dolgellau expedition last season. No problems at all.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Oct 24, 2008, 6:50 AM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #25 of 63 (2516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Where are you going Monday 27th-Friday 31st October [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember going to Hastings United at The Pilot Field, Elphinstone Road in 1975. Hastings Town, formerly Hastings & St. Leonards, played at The Firs then, probably in the Sussex County League. When the former Hastings United folded, Town moved in at The Pilot Field but also folded and a reformed Hastings United then emerged. St. Leonard's Stamcroft, formerly works side STAMCO, subsequently relocated from the nearby village of Pett to The Firs and I saw them there in 1996.

In Reply To
If memory serves me right, Hastings Utd play on the bottom pitch (Pilot Field) and I saw them play Yeovil in an FA Cup game just over ten years ago. Stamcroft St.Leonards as they were then, played on the ground directly above going up the hill (The Firs) but literally backed onto the ground below. Think I saw Colwyn Bay there in an FA Trophy game around the same period so they must've both played Sth Lge footy at one stage. Seem to remember Hastings ground at the time still had some visible traces of being used for Speedway many moons previously but I expect they may have built over that now? Enjoy the romantic soiree in Sussex! Tongue

Kind Regards,
The Moose Cool

(This post was edited by Trevor P on Oct 24, 2008, 6:59 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3