Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where are you going?:
Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10)

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 20, 2008, 10:26 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #1 of 8 (2380 views)
Shortcut
Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) Can't Post or Reply Privately

I heard yesterday that there is a friendly, presumably some sort of triallist match,I have no idea what strength either side will be, between Dulwich Hamlet & Grays Athletic, tomoorow afternoon at Champion Hill Stadium, 1.00pm kick off. I don't know if it will be included in either club official records, or be one of those 'behind closed doors' type games, although the doors will be open, if you just walk in!
Ideal for anyone who just wants to see a game in the afternoon, if you're not working that day like myself! ;-)
From there I'm off to Stansted v. Barking, then to the airport, to doss on the concourse for my early morning flight to Prague. So, as far as I'm concerned, my holiday now starts at one o'clock tomorrow afternoon at Champion Hill! ;-)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Russell
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2008, 12:25 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I got a flight back into Stansted about midnight one night and there were loads of people dossing down for the night on the floor ahead of early morning flights. I am surprised they allow it after the Tom Hanks film!

Chris1963

Oct 20, 2008, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #3 of 8 (2343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What matches did you attend on that trip abroad, Russell?

Sleeping at airports is something I used to do myself regularly abroad, and at most airports they allow you to sleep undisturbed, but the real problem is the lack of comfort.
I tried it at Stansted once but it was so uncomfortable that I now prefer to leave home at around 4-4.30am to catch the National Express coach from Golders Green to the airport, the frequency of which has increased greatly of late to the extent that it now runs every 20 minutes in the early morning.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Oct 20, 2008, 12:48 PM)

Harley
First Team Regular

Oct 20, 2008, 5:15 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My flight back from Vienna to Heathrow (on the way from Minsk) was delayed on Friday night and so I missed the night train back up to Carlisle. I had to sleep on the seats and remember thinking on waking up how well I'd slept, and how I should 'do this more often'.

You ask us what the aim is? I tell you it is victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Either that, or fried onions at the tea bar. Fried onions at reasonable cost, fried onions in spite of all terror, fried onions however long and hard the hot-dogs may be; for without fried onions, there are only boiled ones.

Russell
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2008, 5:44 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was coming back from a beer festival actually

Russell
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2008, 7:21 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I might use that coach from Golders Green but how do you get there at 4am by public transport?

Mishi

Oct 20, 2008, 8:36 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #7 of 8 (2229 views)
Shortcut

Erm....night bus perhaps? ;-)

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 21, 2008, 12:04 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #8 of 8 (2186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Programmeless friendly Tuesday afternoon (21/10) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stansted coaches run through the night from Victoria (via Golders Green).
There is also an all night coach service to Victoria from Oxford

So all I have to do is get to OxfordMad (and at that time of night, the traffic jams are not so bad)

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3