Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Danish Grounds

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 10, 2008, 4:47 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 5 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Danish Grounds Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am working through my new copy of Groundhopper Informer, and I need to check some grounds in Denmark (one of those places where new stadiums appear with old names and old stadiums change names with great frequency).

I already had listed as moved, Haderslev and Vejle - both of which I originally visited in 1993.

But in Denmarkserie Pulje 3, Vejle II are listed as playing at Gamle Vejle Stadion - which I assume to be the old Stadion

AaB (Aalborg) and AGF (Arhus) both appear to have larger stadiums than I visited - Aab in 1999, AGF in 1993 - the same day as Vejle
However, as far as I know, neither have moved ground.

The one I am least certain of is Horsens. I saw Horsens fS in 1993 (same day as Haderslev). The ground now shared with AC Horsens is certainly larger, but I am not certain if this is a new stadium or rebuild.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 12, 2008, 10:43 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 5 (2926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Danish Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Vejle - the old stadium (athletics track) remains in situ next door to new ground.

AaB (Aalborg) and AGF (Arhus) have not moved although I do believe that AGF is pretty much a rebuild since you went there.

I believe (from information provided by a couple of hoppers visiting for the 1st time last season) that AC Horsens is rebuilt and turned 90 degrees.

StephenHarris
First Team Sub

Oct 13, 2008, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Hastings United, CA Huracan

Post #3 of 5 (2900 views)
Shortcut

AGF - I concur with Abbswolf that this is the same ground, just built up a bit.

AC Horsens - I visited in 2005. "Horsens Idraetspark" - at that time it had an open terrace at the end nearest the town, a fine old stand to the right and a fancy new smallish stand to the left, with temporary uncovered stands at the far (north) end. It had the feel of a ground in mid-redevelopment. Photos and maps on the Horsens website show that, not only is it now an "Arena" but that it is unrecognisbale from my visit. The location looks to be the same, but it does indeed have a 90 degree rotation.

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 15, 2008, 12:31 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #4 of 5 (2816 views)
Shortcut

New/rebuilt grounds in Jutland, Denmark:

Haderslev (Premier League): Completely new ground next door to the old one. The old ground has been shined up for athletics and, I presume, is also used by Haderslev reserves. Haderslev are now calling themselves SønderjyskE.

Fredericia (1st Division): Completely new ground at the outskirts of the town. A stand along one side and grass slopes along other side and ends. The inclination of the grass slopes is identical to the stand and I assume they can be converted to terracing or seated if need should arise.

Vejle (Premier League): Completely new ground (opened 2008, holds 10250) next door to the old one.

Horsens (Premier League): Pitch has been turned 90 degrees. The smallish stand "to the left" is now at one end of the pitch. The redevelopment is completed early 2009 according to the website and the stadium should then accommodate 10200. AC Horsens is a merger of Horsens fS and some other local clubs.

Aarhus (AGF) (Premier League): Ground was completely rebuilt. Oval terracing around the athletics track was converted to seating and an extra tier was added. The ground now holds just over 20000 but a major drawback is the athletics track.

Randers (Premier League): In the process of rebuilding. Two sides of the ground is now rebuilt with two-tiered fairly steep stands while the main stand has been refurbished. One end is terracing of old. I think there are plans to build a new stand similar to the other ones at this end once funds are available. Once finished it will be a nice ground. Capacity is 12000 now.

Aalborg (AaB) (Premier League): The ground was rebuilt in 2002 and now holds 13.800.

Esbjerg (Premier League): Also in process of rebuilding. A new stand opposite the main stand is finished and identical stands are being built at both ends. Eventually the main stand will be rebuilt as well.

Midtjylland (Premier League) is a merger of Ikast fS and Herning and play at a new ground (SAS Arena) at the southern outskirts of Herning.

Viborg (1st Division): Ground was rebuilt a few years ago.

Michael

(This post was edited by mip on Oct 15, 2008, 12:32 PM)

rhodes
Deleted

Oct 18, 2008, 2:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 5 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Danish Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
New/rebuilt grounds in Jutland, Denmark:
Horsens (Premier League): Pitch has been turned 90 degrees. The smallish stand "to the left" is now at one end of the pitch. The redevelopment is completed early 2009 according to the website and the stadium should then accommodate 10200. AC Horsens is a merger of Horsens fS and some other local clubs.

Yes that's spot on, my contact in Denmark who used to live half a mile from the Horsens Stadion confirms that AC Horsens are still playing at the same stadium which is being rebuilt with more seating and, as Michael says, the pitch is now situated north/south insted of east/west. The stadium is combined with 'Forum Horsens' which is an impressive sports centre with a swimming pool, indoor sports and a concert hall.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3