Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
OSLO

Scoffer
Youth Team Regular

Oct 8, 2008, 7:59 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2231 views)
Shortcut
OSLO Can't Post or Reply Privately

SATURDAY 04/10/2008 15:00
ASKER 1 - ULLENSAKER KISA IL 2
(NORWEGIAN DIVISJON 2 AVDELING 4)
Entrance Nor Kr 100. Free photocopied handwritten and typed team sheets.

The away side were by far the better side and scored two quick goals on 16 & 19
minutes. They should have scored more and Asker had problems coping with the
movement of the number 10, Eirik Soltvedt. Asker managed to pull a goal back
just before half time. Asker improved in the second half but the score remained 1-2 at the end. The win consolidated Ullensaker Kisa's second place in the table. There are two pitches at Asker’s stadium. The lower pitch, near the clubhouse, is grass inside a running track. This match was played on the higher Astroturf pitch. Plenty of seats on steep banking but no cover. There is a similar set up on the lower pitch but there is a small covered area amongst the seats.

SATURDAY 04/10/2008 19:00
STABAEK 3 HAMARKAMARATENE 0
TIPPELIGAEN
Entrance Nor Kr 170. Free colour 32 page programme.

A visit to the Nadderud Stadion to see Tippeligaen leaders Stabaek play Hamarkamaratene. Stabaek were by far the better team but kept trying to walk the ball into the net. They eventually scored in the 77th minute through the diminutive Brazilian, Alanzinho and added two further goals from Daniel Nannskog and Veigar Paul Gunnarsson to win 3-0 and nearly wrap up the league title and secure a place in Champions League. They are 6 points clear of Fredrikstad with 3 games left to play. Defeat sent Ham Kam
to bottom place, with Aalesunds winning at Stromsgodset. A new stadium is currently
being built for Stabaek which I understand will be ready for next season.

SUNDAY 05/10/2008 20:00
LYN OSLO 1 ROSENBBORG 2
TIPPELIGAEN
Entrance Nor Kr 200. Free glossy 56 page colour programme

A trip to the Ullevål Stadion, the main stadium in Oslo, to see the Tippeligaen match between Lyn Oslo and Rosenborg. Carol and I had been to the stadium back in the summer when we visited the museum and did the stadium tour. This is well worth a visit if you happen to be in Oslo for any length of time. Rosenborg deservedly won this match 1-2. I was impressed with the stadium; the sightlines where I was sitting were good. Curiously, both halves ended with a goal deep into injury time, Rosenborg going two nil up
at the end of the first half and Lyn Oslo grabbing a consolation at the end
of the second.

MONDAY 06/10/2008 16:00
LYN OSLO II 4 BYASEN TOPPFOTBALL 4
(NORWEGIAN DIVISJON 2 AVDELING 2)
Entrance Free. Free printed team sheet.

This match was in contrast to the others I saw this weekend in that the players were willing to shoot. The score was 3-3 after only 22 minutes and finally finished 4-4. Lyn Oslo's Ivorian striker Davy Angan scored a hat-trick and Byasen's impressive Torgeir Dahle scored two. This was a great way to finish my trip, a lovely ground and some goals as well.

I was quite impressed with the standard of football at all four games. The
players are very skilful and play a neat passing game. On occasions
probably a bit too elaborate in the approach play when a shot would be the
better option.

Prior to the game on Sunday I met up with a friend and her husband to watch the Man City v Liverpool match at the Bohemen Sports Pub on Arbeidergata. This is a decent sports bar in central Oslo with numerous TV screens showing different matches. You can check what they are showing on their website, www.bohemen.no. The Valrenga Oslo club shop is just across the road from here.

Oslo is an easy place to get around on public transport. All of the grounds I visited are near bus, tram or T-bane stops. Stabaek was the furthest from the centre but tram number 13 terminates quite close to the current ground. A one day ticket covering bus, tram, T-Bane and ferries costs Nor Kr 60.

Prices for things generally are a lot more expensive than here.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3