Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Sweden weekend Sept 08

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 1, 2008, 1:12 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2728 views)
Shortcut
Sweden weekend Sept 08 Can't Post or Reply Privately

So to practise what I preached in the 'This section' thread, here is a report on my recent trip which may be of interest to some.

Sat 27 Sept
Vimmerby IF 2 Katrineholms SK FK 3. Div 3 (level 5)
Adm: 50 SEK, Att: 225, free teamsheet

This is a more than reasonable ground for the level with a medium sized covered stand with wooden bench seating on one side and an uncovered 'temporary but permanent' structure opposite. Usual hot and cold refreshments on sale but I did not sample them as the out of town ground is conveniently situated close to the Abro brewery and its associated tap/restaurant where I had my pre-match refreshment - 6 of their own brews are available on tap alongside London Pride & Pedigree and various German/Czech/Belgian beers as well as a wide selection of international bottled beers.

Sun 28 Sept 1330
Lindsdals IF 2 Myresjo IF 4. Div 2
Adm: 60 SEK, Att: 72, free 4 page programme

Although one level higher than yesterday's game this is a much more basic ground with no covered accommodation just one ancient open wooden stand with 3 rows of bench seating. The pitch is not even roped but there are two separate sections of railing which unusually have wooden benches attached to the front (pitchside).

Sun 28 Sept 1800
Kalmar FF 2 IF Elfsborg 1. Allsvenskan
Adm: 110 SEK, Att: 8608, Programme (unsure of correct price - I gave a 20 SEK note which was the smallest I had and received no change but the programme had no cover price and may have been 'by donation')

Kalmar's win means that they are still on target for what I think will be their first ever Swedish title although an injury time goal from Elfsborg which was nearly immediately followed by another left some frayed nerves amongst the home support.
Ironically, Kalmar's UEFA cup tie against Feyenoord later this week is being played at Elfsborg's ground - not sure why as they played Gent at home in the last round. Admittedly the Fredriksskans IP is not large but the two modern stands on the half way lines certainly meet UEFA standards although those behind the goals would, I suspect, not. There seemed to be no info around on the proposed new ground and, with the crowds they get, I would think Kalmar could just develop newer stands on the remaining two sides if they wanted too.

Mon 29 Sept
Landskrona BoIS 4 Mjallby AIF 2. Superettan
Att: 2370, free 4 page programme
Standing was 100 SEK, but on a night where the heavens opened before KO I was more than happy to team up with a local supporter to take advantage of the Afton Bladet newspaper 2for1 offer in the excellent large main stand which meant I only paid 80 SEK. The other three sides of the ground were steep, but uncovered, terraces.

The whole set up and support here was very enthusiastic and the game also matched being by far the most entertaining of the weekend with Charles Anderson of Landskrona scoring with two stunning volleys from outside the area in the first half hour before being dropped back to midfield to cover for an early sending off.

To cap it all ex-Landskrona player Jonas Olsson scored for the Baggies to give us our first win at Middlesbrough since 1952 (and even I can't remember that one Smile)

(This post was edited by mick on Oct 1, 2008, 1:21 PM)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2008, 8:42 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #2 of 4 (2611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Sweden weekend Sept 08 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Mick,

I see you were back in Sweden, hope you got some decent beers in the south. I am planning to finally make it to Vasby United next week! Cool

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2008, 9:05 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Sweden weekend Sept 08 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi Mick,

I see you were back in Sweden, hope you got some decent beers in the south. I am planning to finally make it to Vasby United next week! Cool

Hi, just saw your post about Vasby on the 'Where are you going' thread. Apart from the brewery tap I mentioned above, the beer choice was fairly limited - noticably cheaper than Stockholm thoughCool

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 13, 2008, 11:57 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #4 of 4 (2508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Sweden weekend Sept 08 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

(in Mick's style)
13/10 Vasby United 1-1 Limhamns Bunkeflo, Superettan (level 2 in Sweden)
100 SEK, with free photocopied team listings
Got away from work OK this time and made it to Vasby. Heavens opened an hour before kick off but thankfully only lasted 15 minutes into the game, by which time Vasby were ahead. Substituting their best performing players when they appeared to be coasting was a recipe for disaster and they lost their way and allowed Limhamn back in through some awful defending. The complete absence of 'row Z' clearances throughout the game was refreshing, but ultimately costly for the home side. Mind you, I wouldn't have liked to try and find the ball if it went into the woods on the far side of the ground. The ground has one large main covered stand (estimated 4-500 if full) and an open raised uncovered standing area opposite (6 people in). There is an athletics track around the pitch Unsure. Crowd was very disappointing, 166 if I heard right (looked accurate), very quiet. Did manage to find a decent pub (Farbror & Co) on the far side of Vasby Centrum shopping centre - good range of UK, Irish, Belgian and German beers, but no Swedish independents!

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3