Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where Did You Go 22-26 September

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 25, 2008, 2:15 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #51 of 65 (3190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday ~ 7.45pm

Bath City Youth 5 Wootton Bassett Town Youth 1 after extra time

FA Youth Cup 1st Qualifying Round

Admission £2 Smile team sheets free

Wednesday ~ 8.00pm (should've been 7.30)

Cirencester Town Youth 7 Paulton Rovers Youth 0

Admission £5 Frown team sheets free

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

Over the top
First Team Sub

Sep 25, 2008, 2:25 PM

Post #52 of 65 (3184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 2nd Qualifying round replay
Eccleshall 1 Holbrook Miners Welfare 0
Att 79 (H/C)

Entry £3
Prog £1
Tea 50p
Badge £2.50

Real "Thud and Blunder" game this one, with the home team just about the better side. The Respect campaign clearly hasn't reached this part of the world with a wonderful stream of invective coming from both benches. Holbrook missed a penalty and the Eccleshall keeper made a wonderful save soon after.

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 25, 2008, 4:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #53 of 65 (3143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Over the top] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Eccleshall last night and had a brief chat with Over the top and Aggedor after the game.

Official attendance was 73.

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

(This post was edited by chrisb on Sep 25, 2008, 4:36 PM)

pokal02
First Team Star

Sep 26, 2008, 10:13 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #54 of 65 (3023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Walked past Cockfosters' ground at 8.00 last night, and to my surprise I saw they were playing - at first I thought it was a reserve game, but the crowd appeared larger than usual (about 100). Looked through the hedge for a few minutes but couldn't stay as I had another engagement. Have now found out it was an FA Youth cup tie against Wealdstone (I was trying to work out which SSML club played in blue and white quarters!!)

DAZZA
Junior Team Regular

Sep 26, 2008, 10:37 AM

Team(s): Notts County

Post #55 of 65 (3015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arsenal 6 v Sheffield Utd 0

Agree with the other posts - a superb night. Super game, 6 fabulous goals in a magnificent stadium. Programme good value for £2. Paid £20 for the upper tier and was half way up in line with the half way line - super view.
Although £5.50 for a hot dog and soft drink a bit pricey - well it is London.
Bought a copy of the 'Gooner' fanzine and I think some of those fans have been spolied, complaing about the lack of transfer activity and a bit critical of Arsene - well they ought to try and have a season ticket for a team that has struggled in League 2 for the past 4 seasons - then they are entitled to moan !

PJ
First Team Star

Sep 26, 2008, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Cogenhoe United/QPR/Npton Tn

Post #56 of 65 (2992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DAZZA] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mon-FAYC Rothwell Corinthians 3 Northampton Spencer 4
Adm £3 inc regular prog. att 42

Tue-UCL Prem Cogenhoe United 3 Long Buckby 2
Adm £4 Prog £1 Att 91
The Cooks earned a well deserved 3 points in an entertaining game. Cooks second was the goal of the game in a move started and finished by Phil Casssidy.

Wed-SSML Div 1 Crawley Green 8 Brache Sparta 4
Adm £2 Prog £1 Att 30
What an amazing game! 1-0 (2mins) 1-1 (8) 2-1 (25) 2-2 (42) 2-3 (43) 3-3 (47) 3-4 (49) 4-4 (55) 5-4 (65) 6-4 (72) 7-4 (81) 8-4 (89).

Thur FAYC FCV Reds 2 S&L Corby 1 (aet)
Adm £2 free team sheet att 51 One of those games that never really got going. S&L had plenty of attacking play but were kept at bay by a very well organised Reds defence, only taking the game into extra-time thanks to an injury time spot-kick.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 26, 2008, 12:13 PM

Post #57 of 65 (2990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PJ] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Thur FAYC FCV Reds 2 S&L Corby 1 (aet)
Adm £2 free team sheet att 51 One of those games that never really got going. S&L had plenty of attacking play but were kept at bay by a very well organised Reds defence, only taking the game into extra-time thanks to an injury time spot-kick.

How many other clubs have you done with a (part) Latin name ?.

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Sep 26, 2008, 12:31 PM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting, Bromsgrove Rovers, Tottenham H, Gainsborough Trinity

Post #58 of 65 (2979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Walked past Cockfosters' ground at 8.00 last night, and to my surprise I saw they were playing - at first I thought it was a reserve game, but the crowd appeared larger than usual (about 100). Looked through the hedge for a few minutes but couldn't stay as I had another engagement. Have now found out it was an FA Youth cup tie against Wealdstone (I was trying to work out which SSML club played in blue and white quarters!!)

Cockfosters 2 v 1 Wealdstone Official Att 32 according to the FA.com Must have been a few freebies at that one!

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Sep 26, 2008, 1:30 PM

Team(s):

Post #59 of 65 (2937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StokePriorAndy] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or

Thursday:
Mickleover Sports 4 Arnold Town 0
Entry £2 including programme

Not as one-sided as the scoreline suggests, but Sports took their chances against a very young Arnold team.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 26, 2008, 2:36 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #60 of 65 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just back from a few days in Northern Ireland. The plan when I set off was Cliftonville on Monday night (v Drogheda United), Loughgall v Banbridge Town on Tues and Limavady United v Ards on Wed night - but did not work out like that.

On Monday I got to Cliftonville's ground by 6pm (that was the time my work mobile goes live), and was not unduly surprised at no signs of life. I was busy taking calls until around 6.55pm, when I did start to panic as still no signs of life. Walked down to the social club to be told the game was switched to Donegal Celtic's ground - thanks to a helpful young lady from the club, and my trusty Jane on SatNav, did make it for 7.30pm, ready for a 7.45 pm ko

Cliftonville 0 Drogheda United 2
Admission £10
Programme - sold out
Burger van - usual expensive fare
Attendance 400 (est) - including some lively fans from the South

Drogheda won comfortably against a disappointing Cliftonville side, who barely created any chances. Drogheda could easily have scored several more.

The pitch was in excellent condition, but the large fencing round the ground made it look inhospitable - but everyone I spoke to was very friendly

Tues
Loughgall 3 Banbridge Town 3
(CIS Cup 2nd round 2nd leg) Loughgall win 6-4 on agg
Admission £7
Prog - none for this game
Attendance 150 (est)

Cracking fare, from both sides. Banbridge took an early lead, before Loughgall equalised direct from a corner, and shortly therafter the same player (number 7) curled in a superb 25 yard shot. Banbridge equalised on the night after 38 mins

In the second half Loughgall took the lead when their sub (who I am told is an avid Coventry supporter, and who flies over to any midweek games, or Saturday games when Loughgall aren't playing) scored late on, before Banbridge equalised after 88 mins

Everyone I spoke to was again very friendly - and I was given a small number of progs from this and last season - I will keep one for myself, but if anyone else would like one, please PM me

Wed's plan was Limavady United v Ards, so I booked into B&B in Limavady. However, on reading the morning papers, there was no mention of this game. Further inspection of the local Derry papers had conflicting info - one paper said it was Institute v Limavady in the North West Cup Final, whereas others said the same fixture but at Institute's ground. Quick phone call to Veteran, and he soon sussed it was at Institute's ground

The pitch itself was immaculate (I was told no games off in last 2 seasons), 2 small stands down either side, standing at one end and just open space behind the other end.

It is across the road from the PSNI station, which is now only rarely in use, but still bears lots of the hallmarks of earlier years

Institute 3 Limavady United 0
Admission £8
Programme £1
Att 250 (est)
A burger bar, and also a little club house with nice soup and roll for £1

Institute are now in the Premiership - the ground has 3 new small stands at one end and both sides, but the other end is an odd looking collection of seemingly unco-ordinated structures

An excellent pitch again, and Institute fully deserved their win

I really enjoyed my trip - not just for the football, but the scenery and the people I met were all lovely.

I was lucky and found 2 lovely B&B's - one in Antrim where I stayed for 3 of the nights (very comfortable, and close to Belfast International Airport) and the other in Limavady

My only worrying moment was when I was driving along the South Sperrins Scenic Route on Thurs, and I was flagged down by a burly lorry driver - I stopped, wound down the passenger window, his first question was 'Are you from round here?', and when I said I wasn't he then opened the passenger door - for a moment I feared the worst, but I am sure he meant no harm

Mlac
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 27, 2008, 11:44 AM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #61 of 65 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 26th September

Dunkirk 2-1 Heanor Town -- EMCL

Nice to have a Friday game to go to... most enjoyable

Att 122

Admisison £4
Programme £1

http://ontheroad2008-2009.blogspot.com/

dum spiro spero

(This post was edited by Mlac on Sep 27, 2008, 11:44 AM)

fenlad
Junior Team Star

Sep 28, 2008, 2:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #62 of 65 (2743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DAZZA] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Totally agree.Fantastic stadium well worth £10,probably wish they had fielded the same team yesterday against Hull !!

IAN S
First Team Star

Sep 28, 2008, 4:52 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #63 of 65 (2725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was also at the game at Dunfermline. Thought it was a terrible first half that livened up a bit in second. Really surprised and impressed by ground, expected an old ramshackle type. Sat in main stand in padded seats, one of the best views and comfortable seats I've ever come across.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 28, 2008, 6:40 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #64 of 65 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday ~ 7.30pm

Prestatyn Town 5 Caernarfon Town 0

Welsh Premier League

Admission £7 / Programmes £1-50 / Attendance 481

A very enjoyable day out in North Wales which included a long stroll on the beach in warm sunshine. Well, you can't go to the seaside and not walk on the beach, can you? I bet all at PTFC enjoyed it as well although the referee made it easier for them by sending off two of the visiting players. Quite a few ground-hoppers were present including a couple of guys from Norway, apparently!

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

Brunswick
Junior Team Sub

Oct 1, 2008, 11:52 AM

Team(s): Eintracht Braunschweig - SV Waldhof Mannheim - FC Basel

Post #65 of 65 (2611 views)
Shortcut
Where Did You Go 22-26 September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday - 23rd
arriving in Skafsta (the budget airport of Stockholm) and going to Norrköping by train.
IFK Norrköping - Malmö FF 1:0 (1:0), Allsvenskan

Adm. SEK 125 (with a 2 for 1 discount), Prog. SEK 2 but they were lying on all seats for free, Att. 4783 (~50 from Malmö).

The Parken is currently rebuild, one of the old stand has been reconstructed and will most probably become all-seated. The corners get some stand and they build lounges.

The match was horrible for a first league match, but we had our fun anyway.

After a night in a decent hostel in town, we went to Stockholm on Wednesday, 24th for the derby between Djurgarden and AIK.

On our way to the match, we noticed a small ground just behind the Rasunda stadium with a small tribune. A match between the U21 teams of Rasunda und Frej was about to begin, so we watched one half-time, it was some city league, apparently (S/R League 1), half time result was 1:0, at the end it was 4:0. No admission, no programm, 21 spectators - 6 from Germany ;), the ground was Skytteholmen IP.

The derby started with quite impressive intros by the two fan stands. Very nice.

Djurgarden - AIK 1:1 (1:0)
Adm. 480 SEK, Programme ? (there were plenty thrown away), Att. 22312

A nice trip to a summer warm Stockholm with plenty of time to chill out near the water.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3