Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go today (20th September)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

richiejenn
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2008, 11:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #51 of 59 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA VASE 2nd Qualifying Round
Ash United v Sevenoaks Town 1-0
Entry: 6
Prog 1 (28pp)
Att: 63

Not the best entertainment served up on a saturday afternoon. The referee did his best to get the game flowing but the quality shown by both teams made the game very sporadic. At least the home side played a little better after the restart and scored the winning goal in the second half.
Hats off to one of the home supporters. He was the one man rent-a-crowd and constantly chanting A-S-H United!! and pacing up and down the touchline.
The ground is a 15 minute walk from Ash station and there is ample liquid refreshment and Sky Sports in the clubhouse. The pasty was nice too.

PhilT
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 22, 2008, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Peterborough United

Post #52 of 59 (2216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Peterborough Utd 2 - 2 Tranmere R
FL1

More laughable defending on view here. Rovers were pretty much gifted a 2-0 lead in the first half. Posh rallied before half time, and pulled back the deficit in the 2nd half. Another entertaining game at London Road.
<TEMPT_FATE>Don't think I've seen a bad game anywhere yet this season.</TEMPT_FATE>

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 22, 2008, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #53 of 59 (2204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
FA VASE 2nd Qualifying Round
Ash United v Sevenoaks Town 1-0
Entry: 6
Prog 1 (28pp)
Att: 63

Not the best entertainment served up on a saturday afternoon. The referee did his best to get the game flowing but the quality shown by both teams made the game very sporadic. At least the home side played a little better after the restart and scored the winning goal in the second half.
Hats off to one of the home supporters. He was the one man rent-a-crowd and constantly chanting A-S-H United!! and pacing up and down the touchline.
The ground is a 15 minute walk from Ash station and there is ample liquid refreshment and Sky Sports in the clubhouse. The pasty was nice too.

Never saw this guy when me & Trevor P went there for the FA Cup meeting between the two sides back in August. He was probably part of the exodus who went to Aldershot's frst home league game that day.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2008, 1:19 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #54 of 59 (2187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

With Grimsby's season not exactly setting heartrates pumping, I decided against travelling to Christie Park where I had already seen the Mariners win on two occasions Cool
I had a hard time deciding which game to go for with Droylsden and Hinckley near the top of the list but decided to go for Rossendale United 0-1 Woodley Sports. 7 admission, 1.50 for a full colour proggie.

Dark Lane is a great old venue - quite dated but full of character. The main stand reminded me of Frickley's although the views out towards the hills were fantastic. Rossy started well, both teams evenly matched but Woodley just shading it before the game-killer - Rossy's keeper took down a Woodley striker and was the last man and he would have gone on to score - so a clear cut red card there with no replacement keeper on the bench either. Woodley scored from the spot and just about did enough to earn the three points.
Had a chat with the Woodley secretary I'd met from the reserves game against Ponte for the second half, also the clubhouse had 2 real ales on! One was a guest ale too so if I came back I could tick off a new beer too!
Great little place is the Newchurch/Waterfoot area with some lovely pubs, a lot better than my plan of having a few drinks in Bacup first - most of the ones there are closed Mad

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Harley
First Team Regular

Sep 22, 2008, 3:15 PM

Post #55 of 59 (2138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peter9] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Annan Athletic 1 v Forfar Athletic 3
Adm 7 Prog. 1.50
Att. 690Only real grumble NO club shop

I seem to be dishing out club shop info all over the place this weekend. At Annan, there are a few items (badges, scarves etc) available from behind the bar.

You ask us what the aim is? I tell you it is victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Either that, or fried onions at the tea bar. Fried onions at reasonable cost, fried onions in spite of all terror, fried onions however long and hard the hot-dogs may be; for without fried onions, there are only boiled ones.

rhodes
Deleted

Sep 23, 2008, 9:48 AM

Team(s):

Post #56 of 59 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
They issued when I went there 3 weeks ago. At a Middlesex League game you need to scrounge a programme they don't come round with them, but the clubs almost always issue.
Also the ground is probably the best in the league, at least they have terracing. Many's the time I got covered in mud watching a Middlesex League game. Agree with you about the lack of other facilities though ie no toilets,clubhouse refreshments etc.

Jrev61 - Thanks for your reply concerning Park View, I think it's poor that they don't have somebody to go around dishing out programmes as what's the point of issuing otherwise, they could even charge 50p and put a few quid in their coffers. I had to laugh when you said that the ground is probably the best in the league, I take it you haven't visited the Mile End Stadium where Bethnal Green United have the honour of plying their trade.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 23, 2008, 12:25 PM

Team(s): None

Post #57 of 59 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rhodes] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jrev61 - Thanks for your reply concerning Park View, I think it's poor that they don't have somebody to go around dishing out programmes as what's the point of issuing otherwise, they could even charge 50p and put a few quid in their coffers. I had to laugh when you said that the ground is probably the best in the league, I take it you haven't visited the Mile End Stadium where Bethnal Green United have the honour of plying their trade.

I have visited the Mile End Stadium for 4 different clubs, but not Bethnal Green United. I had forgotten that they had moved there.
The clubs only do a programme because thay have to. They are really just to give to the officials and maybe a copy for the league.
Bedfont Sports and Indian Gymkhana do however make them available to spectators and charge for a reasonably good programme.
The Park View programme was however quite good for a club at that level, just a bit of a waste that hardly anyone got to read it, not even their own fans. The programme at Hayes United was much more basic although they will probably to doing something a bit better for Saturday's hop game.

jrev61

Torbaymick
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 23, 2008, 4:15 PM

Team(s): Reading Leeds United Buckland Athletic

Post #58 of 59 (1937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Seasiders Sports Bar at Dawlish Town is in a large Car Park across from the Ground.

At HT you a let out thru a small door to cross the road into car park then Sports Bar.

Has for grounds not to walk to on dark nights Cullompton Rangers when you pass it on the train near Exeter it looks ok but its out in the Country down a long lane with no lights.

www.thoughts.com/MickeysSouthwest08Hop/blog

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Sep 24, 2008, 5:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #59 of 59 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Torbaymick] Where did you go today (20th September) [In reply to] Can't Post or

FA Vase, Brading Town 4 United Services Portsmouth 2 aet.
Entry 4
Prog 0.50
Crowd 64
For 80 this was a bit of a bore, with most action provided by the tube trains which pass the far end of the ground. In the last 10 mins Bradimg twice took the lead with USP equalising almost immediately. The prog made no mention of extra time, so we made for the exit. Luckily the other half paid a 'visit' in the clubhouse, during which time I overheard we were in for an extra half hour. Brading were the better team in the extra period and just shaded it over all. Was impressed with USP though.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3