Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go tues 16th sept?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Sep 17, 2008, 7:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #26 of 30 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mlac] Where did you go tues 16th sept? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Moneyfields 6 Brading Town 1 (Hampsshire Senior Cup 1st Round)
Entry 5
Programme 1
Crowd app 70
Brading started well and took the lead with a lob from their number 10. Unfortunately their discipline wasn't great and they went in a half time 1-1 and a man down. Moneyfields battered them after the break and won as easily as the scoreline suggests.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Sep 17, 2008, 11:51 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #27 of 30 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [portway pete] Where did you go tues 16th sept? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

UniBond Lge Div 1 North
AFC Halifax T 1 warrington T 0
Admission ??, prog 2
Food ?? (outside in mobile catering van)
Admision 778 (lowest so far but it was a wet night)

Not a great game really, but we got what we deserved. Goal came from a poor back pass that was intercepted and lofted over Motty in goal. We never really looked like scoring while tey had 3 good chances

Ground will be decent when finished and it is not that far away now. Just need the roof finishing and seats adding in the main. HT will have to improve on this if tey are to gain auto promotion though.

Very friendly welcome by the FCHT officials. Good luck to them.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 8:14 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #28 of 30 (1768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Where did you go tues 16th sept? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chelsea 4 Bordeaux 0
Admission 25
Programme 3

A rare foray to the higher echelons of football for me. Relatively easy journey from Edgware Road tube to Fulham Broadway and then a short walk to the sprawling mass that is Stamford Bridge. Last time I was there was watching Barnsley so it's a few years ago now. Sat in the East Stand upper which meant a trek up the stairs. Arrived with about 45 minutes to kick off with the ground sparsely populated but they fill it up quickly. Seemed to be loads of first timers or irregulars ,probably like me, taking advantage of the lower prices for the group stages (the other 2 home games are 25 admission as well but not on general sale atm).The game kicked off with Chelsea taking control early with 2 goals in the 1st half hour followed by a 30 minute siesta in the 2nd half only to awaken and score 2 late goals.
The fans seemed far more family based than the Chelsea I remember from the 80s which is no bad thing though the atmosphere seemed slightly flat at times.Also ,quite a few fans were leaving 15 minutes from time , in one case a few heading down the stairs without a backward glance even though Chelsea were taking a corner
Many food outlets of varying quality inside and outside the ground. The programme was not too bad but I don't really like the sameness feel about league programmes these days, all gloss and little substance.
Getting back was quite easy and well organised and I arrived back at Edgware Road at 10.35 to pick up the car from work for the drive back to Egham.

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 5:02 PM

Post #29 of 30 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Where did you go tues 16th sept? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Chelsea 4 Bordeaux 0
Admission 25
Programme 3

A rare foray to the higher echelons of football for me. Relatively easy journey from Edgware Road tube to Fulham Broadway and then a short walk to the sprawling mass that is Stamford Bridge. Last time I was there was watching Barnsley so it's a few years ago now.

Was that in '87 on the night of the Kings Cross fire? I remember sitting on the tube on the way home and wondering why it didn't stop at Kings Cross. Only found out about the fire when I got home.

abbswolf
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 18, 2008, 6:56 PM

Team(s): Wolves / Groundhopper

Post #30 of 30 (1657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go tues 16th sept? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What's the story on whether Moneyfields have (or are going to) turn the pitch 90 degrees please ?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3